• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone going to the Stockholder meeting tomorrow?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be up there. If so we should get a beer!

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish. Too far to travel without a football game on the docket.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish but living in Jacksonville makes that impossible.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where there a will there's a way. Set up a Skype meeting.
I drove up with two buddies two years ago for the Philadelphia game. You know the one after Rodgers got hurt....pissed.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha man that sucks!
It did indeed. Thankfully I went down to Tampa for the Buc game last year...and wouldnt you know it he got hurt then too lol.

I know im not a curse though as I was at the SB in Dallas.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few pics from the day. Was nice to see the new 50ft tall Super Bowl trophy all in place and get a pic standing underneath it. The one pic is a sign on the wall inside the stadium.

20150728_124646.jpg

20150728_110910.jpg

20150728_110901.jpg

20150728_105907.jpg

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to make fun of this...

But this is silly.

Mark87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the pics LambeauLegs :suds:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But this is silly.

It's silly to see if fellow Packer stock holders will be at the annual stock holder meeting to meet up for beers afterwards?

Or is it silly to go hear how the Packers did financially and hear about new developments that will now be developed after the Packers bought 28 acres of land for $27,000,000 that will provide additional income to the team in the future.

With not having a billionaire team owner we are able to find out what the finances are and how the team is being run. If things arent being done right the stockholders can vote in new people on the board of directors as elections are held each year and voted on by the stockholders to vote in new members to the board of directors when current members term are up.

The Packers can only get money from investments in itself. It does not have a billionaire owner to get extra cash from if it is needed for some stadium upgrade or other financial needs.

We also get to head from the GM and he does a report on the last year and goals for the current year.

We get to hear how the Packer foundation did and what charities and how much they were able to give to the charities benefiting the local community. Over $4.8 million has been given back to the community

What charities in Phoenix were able to benefit from the Cardinal Foundation?

Click the link for the full article as it is quite long talking about this future development.

Green Bay Packers have big plans for real estate surrounding Lambeau Field | Press Gazette Media | greenbaypressgazette.com

The Green Bay Packers have spent more than $27 million in the last five years to acquire more than 28 acres near Lambeau Field for what the organization hopes will become part of a multi-jurisdictional sports and entertainment district.

Lambeau-area business owners talk about what it could be like to work in a large-scale entertainment district that could include everything from retail shops to restaurants to hotels.
The land purchases are the groundwork for developments that would give the franchise revenue it won’t have to share with other NFL teams, according to team President and CEO Mark Murphy and Vice President for Administration and Legal Counsel Jason Wied.

It is a business strategy that many NFL franchises are turning to, with the New England Patriots’ 700-acre Patriot Place next to Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass., the most successful enterprise so far.

For what the team and local officials are informally calling the Titletown District, the Packers have:

♦ Purchased 21 parcels of land since 2006 and paid $321,683 in 2009 property taxes.

♦ Paid about $10 million over the fair market value for the land.

♦ Retained Hammes Consulting of Milwaukee — the same firm that supervised the renovation of Lambeau Field in 2002 — to prepare potential designs for development both west and south of the stadium

So far, the Packers are saying little about what they’ll do with the property, although Murphy said decisions will be made in coordination with Brown County, the city of Green Bay and the village of Ashwaubenon.

Among the possibilities are retail, hotels, restaurants, youth sports and health-care facilities.

“We think this area is prime for development,” Wied said, referring to an approximately 300-acre area from U.S. 41 east to Ashland Avenue, with Lombardi Avenue the northern boundary. “It will help us diversify our investments.”

He said it is not unusual to purchase property at costs higher than the fair market value because the price is set by market demands.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But this is silly.

Silly? No, silly would be you having a "1947 World Champs, suckas" banner in your signature line...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish every NFL city followed the same model the Packers did with ownership... Chances of the Pack ever leaving town are next to nothing... Brilliant move ... It sickens me when an owner buy's a team and just craps all over the entire fan base moving to another city ...

Unfortunately, the Packers’ ownership structure can’t be duplicated.

The National Football League (NFL) has formally banned any more Green Bay Packers-type ownership structures. Former commissioner Pete Rozelle changed the NFL constitution in 1960 to prevent another franchise from going to the Green Bay model. Article V, Section 4 of the NFL constitution, the “Green Bay Rule,” says that “charitable organizations and/or corporations not organized for profit and not now a member of the league may not hold membership in the National Football League.”

That's a dam shame ...

C

cubzzzfanincali

It's silly to see if fellow Packer stock holders will be at the annual stock holder meeting to meet up for beers afterwards?

Or is it silly to go hear how the Packers did financially and hear about new developments that will now be developed after the Packers bought 28 acres of land for $27,000,000 that will provide additional income to the team in the future.

With not having a billionaire team owner we are able to find out what the finances are and how the team is being run. If things arent being done right the stockholders can vote in new people on the board of directors as elections are held each year and voted on by the stockholders to vote in new members to the board of directors when current members term are up.

The Packers can only get money from investments in itself. It does not have a billionaire owner to get extra cash from if it is needed for some stadium upgrade or other financial needs.

We also get to head from the GM and he does a report on the last year and goals for the current year.

We get to hear how the Packer foundation did and what charities and how much they were able to give to the charities benefiting the local community. Over $4.8 million has been given back to the community

What charities in Phoenix were able to benefit from the Cardinal Foundation?

Click the link for the full article as it is quite long talking about this future development.

Green Bay Packers have big plans for real estate surrounding Lambeau Field | Press Gazette Media | greenbaypressgazette.com

The Green Bay Packers have spent more than $27 million in the last five years to acquire more than 28 acres near Lambeau Field for what the organization hopes will become part of a multi-jurisdictional sports and entertainment district.

Lambeau-area business owners talk about what it could be like to work in a large-scale entertainment district that could include everything from retail shops to restaurants to hotels.
The land purchases are the groundwork for developments that would give the franchise revenue it won’t have to share with other NFL teams, according to team President and CEO Mark Murphy and Vice President for Administration and Legal Counsel Jason Wied.

It is a business strategy that many NFL franchises are turning to, with the New England Patriots’ 700-acre Patriot Place next to Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass., the most successful enterprise so far.

For what the team and local officials are informally calling the Titletown District, the Packers have:

♦ Purchased 21 parcels of land since 2006 and paid $321,683 in 2009 property taxes.

♦ Paid about $10 million over the fair market value for the land.

♦ Retained Hammes Consulting of Milwaukee — the same firm that supervised the renovation of Lambeau Field in 2002 — to prepare potential designs for development both west and south of the stadium

So far, the Packers are saying little about what they’ll do with the property, although Murphy said decisions will be made in coordination with Brown County, the city of Green Bay and the village of Ashwaubenon.

Among the possibilities are retail, hotels, restaurants, youth sports and health-care facilities.

“We think this area is prime for development,” Wied said, referring to an approximately 300-acre area from U.S. 41 east to Ashland Avenue, with Lombardi Avenue the northern boundary. “It will help us diversify our investments.”

He said it is not unusual to purchase property at costs higher than the fair market value because the price is set by market demands.
'

I'm sorry to intrude, but I've asked other shareholders similar questions, and I'm always astounded that they know nothing about what they threw their money at. Thereby clouding the distinction between "shareholder" and "moron." But in contrast to them, you seem educated on the subject, so I will try with you.

1) How often have Packer shareholders executed their authorities to control any of the Board's composition in any way? If so, why, and what happened?

2) With a price of a million dollars per acre in land acquisition, was the justification for such outrageous pricing based upon legacy need, or, what, exactly? Did shareholders demand any followup answers to this during the 2015...or indeed...any prior shareholders' meeting. If so, what, exactly, was the explanation given?

3) What is the justification to shareholders to paying $10 million over fair market value for properties that are, in general, owned by a mixture of investors including foreign insurance companies, the Chinese, and currency speculators? Why do the shareholders owe any special obligations to pay any of these people anything more than fair market value, and why is this justifiable?

4) What kind of margins are expected in comparison to the Patriots case, and how is that reflected in the financing of the projects?

5) Which alternative bidders lost to Hammes Consulting, and why were their bids rejected?

There are many other questions, but those are some obvious ones for now, the types of things that would occur at any normal shareholder meeting. I am eager to hear the responses.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to know something to Leggs. As a shareholder you are entitled to your share of the profits. How much have you invested and what is the return on that investment?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A shareholder doesn't have a say at all. Basically the money paid is a donation and that's it. You do get a piece of paper that says you're a shareholder, other than that...nothing

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you people questioning what stock holders are able to do? You know the fucking answer! You just want Packer fans to admit they were dumb fucking assholes to give the Packers money so they can get a sheet of paper they can hang on their wall at home to show everyone that they Packer stock holders and own part of the team.

It is a quite well known fact that the money given does not appreciate in value or that you cant sell your stock.

But what is does do is give the Packers a way to obtain money so they can do projects at Lambeau Field by raising many millions of dollars to help improve the stadium and facilities adding over 8000 seats enclosing the stadium to make it louder. It gives the Packers the best stadium in the NFL and some of the best facilities which is always a benefit when trying to attract free agents or when player contracts come up and they look at free agency it helps players who are Packers decide to stay for a discount such as Cobb and Bulaga.

It helps the team have one of the best grass fields in the NFL that last the whole season compared to that shit hole field in Chicago which is about the worst in the NFL

If your bllionaire owner McKaskey would use some of her money and spend it on something other than team salaries maybe they could buy or improve the Soldier Field and put a decent field in that stadium instead of leaving it up to the City of Chicago or the Parks Department or whoever is the one responsible for that piece of shit.

If the Packers did not hold stock sales twice in the last few decades they would not be what they are today. Packer fans care enough to donate to the team and get something in return to help make them be the best organization in the NFL with a team that is consistently competitive.

I was at the last 2 packer preseason games. The game I was at down in Pittsburgh was 50% full at best. I was at the game in GB against the Eagles the stands were full into the 4th quarter with an announced attendance of over 74,000 in a stadium that fits 80,000.

Packer fans care about the team and because of the way it is set up they dont have a bilionaire owner that can do whatever he or she wants with the extra profits. Packer fans know that whatever they do to help the team with buying things from the pro shop or buying stock if it is offered will help the team as there is no fucking owner who can take the money and use it for his or her own purposes.

Pic from the great city of Pittsburgh with amazing fans and 6 super bowl titles

pathetic attendance 50% at best at the start of the game

008.jpg

Pic during 4th quarter of game in Pittsburgh

20150823_161743.jpg