• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any other CBS Refugees?

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, I've been here since Day 1 and I'm 20k behind many people.

yeah just messing with ya Herky, there's some on here that must not get anything else done in their lives

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well so far, I have counted 5 including us, Herky, Wing, you me and RuleUrFace, we need to get EJ and JG in here

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's ok, it's what we expect from you, glad you made it though :clap:, how much snow you get?

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only about 3 inches, a number you should be intimately familiar with, haha. It's gone, people are golfing out here today. I am actually mowing my lawn here in about 30 mins, unreal this crazy weather. We are 100% moving south coming 2014, no if/ands/buts...no more snow for Clemenza.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see there is a way to block members, I say if Hoops shows up we all collectively block him. And that other old fart, whats-his-name...the guy who types in all caps and italics and just rambles on and on about nothing.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Wingsauce thanks for the tip, I let Clem and Gengler and Aaron know as well, so hopefully they will join up, glad to have a board to discuss our team, going to have to familiarize myself with the board, but yeah CBS is a mess. We can likely pull some guys over here for sure. Using my same name and av as well. Thanks for letting me know about this site.

I've migrated south for a warmer place to live. Go Hawks.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did not know you were a Royals fan...worked for them in 1997, one of the most fun experiences of my life, still a fan of them enough (not over the Red Sox of course) and am glad to see their resurgence this year...finally

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah them Royals, haven't won a World Series since 1985, that's a pretty long time, right Cubs fan?:yahoo::laugh3::whoo:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C - Completely
U - Useless
B - By
S - September

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI. There's still no better place to watch a baseball game than the north side of Chicago.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the guy who has never been to Fenway, I liked Fenway more than Wrigley, but then again if I get a chance to go to either I am taking it

that said I see the Rickett's family is puffing out their chest on Wrigley...if they ever do move, just recreate the stadium into new Wrigley

The other stadium I want to see is Camden Yards...have seen Safeco in Seattle from the outside, looks like a great place to see a game as well, would love to get to Dodger stadium as well, 3rd oldest, but every time I have been in LA, it is not baseball season

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been to Fenway (other than urinating on the wall once while out and about in Boston one night, heh heh), but Wrigley is awesome, especially out in the bleachers. Some college buddies and I brought a sign to a game back in the 90s and WGN zoomed in on us and Harry Carry and Steve Stone had a conversation about us because we apparently went to the same school (Drake) as the Cubs head producer, I think his name was Arnie Harris. Loved the atmosphere there, people were great, Wrigleyville was awesome. Chicago is a great city. One of the rare places that you can come away in a good mood even if the home team loses.

I am biased but Coors Field in LoDo (lower downtown) Denver is another great place to catch a game. I know the Rockies don't have the history that those other teams do, but the surrounding area is so full of life before and after the games that win or lose it's a good time and you can't say that about many other stadiums.....went to Tropicana Fields to watch a Rays/Yanks game once and that was a very depressing area.

Baseball is and always has been the best live spectator sport. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg compared to football or the NBA so you get a good mix of fans and the pace of the games allows you to sit back, drink a beer, eat some peanuts and have conversations while the game is going on.

Unless you're one of those power-dorks who brings his headset to the games and listens to it while sitting quietly all alone, ala Bartman.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals and Braves fan. Mainly Royals though, grew up listening to games on the radio. Got into the Braves thanks to TBS and the fact only 8k showed up to watch them prior to the big 14 year playoff run. Other than John Rocker, wasn't anyone I didn't really like on that team. Well Rocker did add for some excitement.