• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any News on F.O Kyle Smith

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we fixing to lose him he will not be GM .Hate to lose Smith he.could stay on but the GM would want his own Minions why have a shake up here??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we could lose him or we could retain him . we will see

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington also still has Vice President of Player Personnel Kyle Smith in house, but it doesn't sound like they think he's ready for the GM role. Rivera has mentioned that GMs do more than scout talent, and there have been reports he might want to pair an experienced executive with Smith's eye for talent.

doesnt sound like smith is leaving , but they want a GM to be with him

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins to interveiw Titans head of scouts Cowan for GM Role

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins to interveiw Titans head of scouts Cowan for GM Role
It's Cowden and since we do not know the internal workings of this organization, its hard to speak on the GM hiring. Certainly thought Kyle Smith would get the job but perhaps VP of Player Personnel is right in line with a new GM?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me start by saying this is a rumor or heard it on Grant and Danny. Maybe the new guy does more executive things and Kyle Smith is the main scout. They suggested that Smith wasn't as strong at the administrative things.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re interviewing meyhew and muherny (*sp) too.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re interviewing meyhew and muherny (*sp) too.
marty hurney , he isnt a good drafter and he overpays in FA . i hope we pass . mayhew is checkered but i like him better then hurney

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
marty hurney , he isnt a good drafter and he overpays in FA . i hope we pass . mayhew is checkered but i like him better then hurney
Mayhew checkered. The only checkers is he was once upon a time a Redskin. His stint with the Lions was awful. No thanks!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew checkered. The only checkers is he was once upon a time a Redskin. His stint with the Lions was awful. No thanks!
his stint wasnt what you think it was

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his stint wasnt what you think it was
I read the article dad. I witnessed futility during his time with Detroit. I know it wasn't all Mayhew but cmon, grow a set and take ownership of failure. His stint with the 9'ers has gone well however. Not a good fit with WASH imo.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the article dad. I witnessed futility during his time with Detroit. I know it wasn't all Mayhew but cmon, grow a set and take ownership of failure. His stint with the 9'ers has gone well however. Not a good fit with WASH imo.
i know his failures but you responded with seemed like you didnt take his good either

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Smith has done a tremendous job in Ashburn despite all the chaos and non sense. He deserves the GM role and the fan base certainly supports that notion.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has done a great job scouting in the last few years. But if he grew up professionally in this organization then he has no real exposure as to how a great franchise should be run. Because during his tenure here this franchise has been anything but. Find an up and comer that hails from a successful organization, one that has intimate knowledge on how to build and maintain a successful franchise.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, let me make clear that Kyle Smith stays, no matter what!

Of the choices thus far, I select...

RICK SMITH​

Former General Manager, Houston Texans​

It was a very tough call between Rick Smith and Louis Riddick, but here are my reasons why:

1. Deshaun Watson, granted it's a long shot and barely that, but if Washington has any chance this connection would be it.

2. Linebacking, a few years back the Texan's linebackers were among the best in the league, exhibiting speed, aggressiveness, and versatility in both their run and passing defense prowess. His talents for selecting upgrades where it is badly needed ranks among the best.

3. Ron Rivera, a near lifetime .500 head coach needs real talent on field to make him better than his record has been thus far. Under his direction, Bill O'Brien who holds a very similar record as Rivera, had his best years with Smith in charge and worse when Smith lost out in a power struggle with his head coach. During his tenure, O'Brien was considered a great coach and I have no doubt that with him at the helm, he can do the same thing for Rivera.

4. History, let us not forget that Washington was interested in Smith recently, given another shot to correct the mistake in missing out previously, they really must grab this second chance without hesitation and be thankful that he became available.

5. Kyle Smith, who's done a really good job scouting talent, paired with Rick Smith and suddenly Washington has one of the best front offices in the business. With these two on board, there won't be a better tandem in the NFL owning their collective abilities to both scout and acquire players, this will finally make Washington relevant for years to come.

6. Dan Snyder, who has almost cemented his name as one of the worse owners in the sport. Hiring Rick Smith and retaining Kyle Smith will give Snyder something that he hasn't since buying the team... a really well functioning organization. How much would that be worth to his still plummeting reputation? To his credit, Snyder isn't a tightwad, he will open the wallet and spend on the people that he wants. Doing so, in this case, then stepping aside to allow them to do their work, would make a lot of history go away.

Last edited:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowden and Kyle smith would be good look at cowden drafts