• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An Honest Look at the 2018 Nebraska schedule

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck off bubbles
tenor.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akron - W
Colorado - W
Troy - W
@ Michigan - L
Purdue - W
@ Wisconsin - L
@ Northwestern - W
Minnesota - W
Bye
@ Ohio State - L
Illinois - W
Michigan State - L
@ Iowa - W

The games with michigan, Michigan State, and Purdue could go either way but I think 9-3 is a very real possibility. They don't have the horsepower to beat Wisconsin or Ohio State yet, and catching michigan that early against that defense won't be easy on the road.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games they will lose- Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin

Games they should lose but could win- Michigan State, Iowa

Toss up-Northwestern, Purdue

Games they should win but might lose-Minnesota, Troy, Colorado

Games they will win- Illinois, Akron

If Frost wins 8+ games next season he deserves COY

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games they will lose- Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin

Games they should lose but could win- Michigan State, Iowa

Toss up-Northwestern, Purdue

Games they should win but might lose-Minnesota, Troy, Colorado

Games they will win- Illinois, Akron

If Frost wins 8+ games next season he deserves COY
This exactly. And with that, I no longer need to be here.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we hang 50 on them again

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is your Osborne when Frost whips Bama?

Where was your Osborne when a drunken Miami coach lucked out on a 2 point conversion? Where was your Osborne against Oklahoma in '87? Where was your Osborne when the refs gifted Texas the conference title in 2009? Where was your Osborne when he hired Bill Callahan?

ALL HAIL FROST!!!

Osborne was HC for both of those LOL.

2 pt conversion vs Miami is still the ballsiest call by a HC in modern football history IMO. People were saying Saban's choice to play the freshman QB, or Bill Belichick's failed 4th down conversion vs the Colts in the AFC title game and I about fell out of my chair laughing.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akron - W
Colorado - W
Troy - W
@ Michigan - L
Purdue - W
@ Wisconsin - L
@ Northwestern - W
Minnesota - W
Bye
@ Ohio State - L
Illinois - W
Michigan State - L
@ Iowa - W

The games with michigan, Michigan State, and Purdue could go either way but I think 9-3 is a very real possibility. They don't have the horsepower to beat Wisconsin or Ohio State yet, and catching michigan that early against that defense won't be easy on the road.

This is an insanely difficult schedule for a first year coach. Next year isn't all that much better, but thankfully our AD is sane and threw him 7 years 35 millie

Ferentz money for a real job instead of a complete joke of one.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an insanely difficult schedule for a first year coach. Next year isn't all that much better, but thankfully our AD is sane and threw him 7 years 35 millie
Yeah it's definitely not easy, but he has the pieces there to win at least 7-8 games, and I think 9 isn't impossible.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's definitely not easy, but he has the pieces there to win at least 7-8 games, and I think 9 isn't impossible.

I've been saying I wouldn't be up in arms if it was 6. There is a lot of rebuilding to do.

This is a talented team though. The offense is supposedly easy to learn, and the defense can't possibly get worse (says a prayer) but we only lost 3 of our top 15 tacklers and the top 2 by far are back at safety and LB respectively with 80 plus a piece.

QB is the real question. We have two signal callers with legit BAMA offers, one Dual Threat, one Pro Style on roster, so imagine the blur offense with that and arguably the best talent on WR from the west side of the conference. Load of ready to play JUCO's coming in for Frost too, and we haven't touched JUCO's since Lavonte David and Randy Gregory.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying I wouldn't be up in arms if it was 6. There is a lot of rebuilding to do.

This is a talented team though. The offense is supposedly easy to learn, and the defense can't possibly get worse (says a prayer) but we only lost 3 of our top 15 tacklers and the top 2 by far are back at safety and LB respectively with 80 plus a piece.

QB is the real question. We have two signal callers with legit BAMA offers, one Dual Threat, one Pro Style on roster, so imagine the blur offense with that and arguably the best talent on WR from the west side of the conference. Load of ready to play JUCO's coming in for Frost too, and we haven't touched JUCO's since Lavonte David and Randy Gregory.
That Martinez kid looks like he might be ready to step in and play right away at QB. OSU took a long look at him too. He looks legit.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akron - W
Colorado - W
Troy - W
@ Michigan - L
Purdue - W
@ Wisconsin - L
@ Northwestern - W
Minnesota - W
Bye
@ ohio state - L
Illinois - W
Michigan State - L
@ Iowa - W

^^^^
This is what I think ... 8-4 ... Frost will easily adjust to his team and his will adjust to him. I think there is a new power in the West to challenge Wisconsin. ... and then there are always games that don't go as planned. 8-4 is a good year, but I would not take them lightly.