• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An Honest Look at the 2018 Nebraska schedule

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are kidding me they still talk about Nebraska playing Colorado. I wonder if they are jelly because Tom almost got ran out of town and would have went to Colorado.

I went to a Chargers Broncos game in Denver with a vintage Huskers snapback and a Ladainian Tomlinson jersey and was told multiple times my life was in danger. Not because of the Chargers jersey. The Husker hat.

I will say though that ride at Keystone multiple weeks out of the year and I have a Nebraska Football decal on my snowboard. It's the best conversation starter you can have because people are there from all over and you wouldn't believe how many people know exactly what's going on at Nebraska right now. I mean obviously I shock them with how much I know, but these fuckers know about almost everything.

That whole "Nebraska isn't relevant" narrative thing is bullshit. People are always watching us. It's kind of crazy.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what’s going on in East Lansing/Lansing right now, I can confidently say they aren’t scum of the earth.

Yeah, no offense to you, because you weren't complicit, and neither were 99 percent of people there, but the buck stops at the top. Death penalty for the whole athletic program.

Penn State has proven a slap on the wrist doesn't send the message.

Just how I feel.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like a typical Big Ten Season for the top 6-7 teams. You could check my math on that, but I'm just pointing out how deep the Big Ten is in comparison to the SEC.

My point was simply that the talent level didn't suddenly get so much better that they will beat other teams by 30. They will have close games and depending on how the plays and turnovers go will determine a good chunk of their games. Troy and Colorado are two teams I was thinking could be in the close game category. I hadn't considered the SEC since there were no SEC teams on the schedule at this time.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no offense to you, because you weren't complicit, and neither were 99 percent of people there, but the buck stops at the top. Death penalty for the whole athletic program.

Penn State has proven a slap on the wrist doesn't send the message.

Just how I feel.
Go ahead, kill the Gymnastics and softball teams and any other program where the athletes were allowed to be assaulted. Allow the athletes to transfer to whatever school they want to plus the university must pay for the tuition and whatever the living stipend they would have received had they stayed at Michigan State. To say to end sports like football or basketball that have nothing to do with the situation would be insane. The MSU situation is significantly bigger and more grotesque, but the university and just as much culpability, nothing happened to Baylor with their gang sexual assaults.

Edit- those who stay also get full ride scholarships.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was simply that the talent level didn't suddenly get so much better that they will beat other teams by 30. They will have close games and depending on how the plays and turnovers go will determine a good chunk of their games. Troy and Colorado are two teams I was thinking could be in the close game category. I hadn't considered the SEC since there were no SEC teams on the schedule at this time.

I knew what point you were making, but I went off on a tangent.

Here's my way too early prediction:

@Colorado W (they're really, really bad. Would not bode well if we lose this game.)
Troy W
@Michigan L (reality check. You blew out Troy, welcome to the B1G. Harbaugh has settled) in.
Purdue W (not a gimme. Purdue is a tough out, but at home 4 games in, Nebraska should sail by them.)
@Wisconsin L (just an L here. Gut feeling)
@NerdU W
Minnesota W (Mr. Popular in the West division just met his demise with Frost)
@tOSU L (duh, but who fuckin' knows, Frost is going to have a signature W somewhere on this schedule.)
Illinois W (It's Illinois)
MSU W (At home? Yup. Always.)
@Iowa L (because life is cruel and if I predict a win in January, we will inevitably lose. See me in November.)

That's 6-6 ladies and gentlemen.

A record I'd be fine with in Frost's maiden voyage considering this is one of the toughest schedules in the country on paper.

Who said I was the OD of Nebraska? He would be calling fuckin' natty if Oregon had Frost this year, and we have more talent.

Nebraska has consistently been the most talented and underachieving club in the west.

Far superior. The direction is what has been lacking. Can Frost do it, I don't fuckin' know

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew what point you were making, but I went off on a tangent.

Here's my way too early prediction:

@Colorado W (they're really, really bad. Would not bode well if we lose this game.)
Troy W
@Michigan L (reality check. You blew out Troy, welcome to the B1G. Harbaugh has settled in.
Purdue W (not a gimme. Purdue is a tough out, but at home 4 games in, Nebraska should sail by them.
@Wisconsin L (just and L here. Gut feeling)
@NerdU W
Minnesota W (Mr. Popular in the West division just met his demise with Frost)
@tOSU L (duh, but who fuckin' knows, Frost is going to have a signature W somewhere on this schedule.)
Illinois W (It's Illinois)
MSU W (At home? Yup. Always.)
@Iowa L (because life is cruel and if I predict a win in January, we will inevitably lose. See me in November.)

That's 6-6 ladies and gentlemen.

A record I'd be fine with in Frost's maiden voyage considering this is one of the toughest schedules in the country on paper.

Who said I was the OD of Nebraska? He would be calling fuckin' natty if Oregon had Frost this year.
That’s 7-4
You only have two OOC games?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s 7-4
You only have two OOC games?

1. MSU football should stay, I agree. Gut tells me kill the whole thing with fire, but whatever.

2. I'm doing this from my phone and copying and pasting was too tedious+I'm at work, so just take what you can out of my post and call it good.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I suck at math. Clearly. MSU is a toss up, howbowdah.

I call 5 wins worst case, 6 solid lock, 7 oh hey we beat MSU, 8 oh hey we beat Iowa, 9 oh shit we beat Wisconsin, 10 LOL Michigan sucked this year

Beyond that, clearly a natty.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. MSU football should stay, I agree. Gut tells me kill the whole thing with fire, but whatever.

2. I'm doing this from my phone and copying and pasting was too tedious+I'm at work, so just take what you can out of my post and call it good.
Oh I understand, just letting you know where you missed from.
I’m going to go out on a limb and say you believe you will beat Akron, which would give you an 8-4 season which is a huge turnaround but nothing overly homeristic.

Except you bitches are losing to Michigan State. The officials are not going to be able to gift wrap a win for you again.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I understand, just letting you know where you missed from.
I’m going to go out on a limb and say you believe you will beat Akron, which would give you an 8-4 season which is a huge turnaround but nothing overly homeristic.

Except you bitches are losing to Michigan State. The officials are not going to be able to gift wrap a win for you again.

Hey, I'm not ruling anything out at this point.

Y'all had Le'Veon Bell and Kirk Cousins one year. How'd that work out for ya in Memorial Stadium again?

Cue the tape:

Head coach in his first year in the Big Ten and vs MSU too.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to say David Pollack and eat a bag of dicks to

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crouch's Heisman year where we went to our most recent natty, we got housed by Colorado. I was there. Imagine being 13 years old and having to kick a grown man in the balls because he's screaming expletives to your little sister as we leave the stadium. He dropped like a stone. Do not regret.
They are the only team and fan base that I truly hate. Pieces of shit.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-10

Wins against Akron and the pillow fight game against Illinois.

New coaches.
New QB.
New offensive system of which some players were recruited for the Pelini style, and some players recruited for the shitty previous coaching style, neither of those are this style.
New offensive tackles.
New running back?
New tight end?
New fullback.
New Linebackers.
New defensive backfield.
New Kicker.
New defensive coordinator.

Last year, I was 4-8 then drank gallons of koolaid and went all in on the coaches blowing smoke out of my ass and changed to 7-5 then finally settled in at 8-4.

El wrongo.

Not changing this time. I am setting my expectations very low.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is your Osborne when Frost whips Bama?

Where was your Osborne when a drunken Miami coach lucked out on a 2 point conversion? Where was your Osborne against Oklahoma in '87? Where was your Osborne when the refs gifted Texas the conference title in 2009? Where was your Osborne when he hired Bill Callahan?

ALL HAIL FROST!!!

Osborne FIRED BC.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead, kill the Gymnastics and softball teams and any other program where the athletes were allowed to be assaulted. Allow the athletes to transfer to whatever school they want to plus the university must pay for the tuition and whatever the living stipend they would have received had they stayed at Michigan State. To say to end sports like football or basketball that have nothing to do with the situation would be insane. The MSU situation is significantly bigger and more grotesque, but the university and just as much culpability, nothing happened to Baylor with their gang sexual assaults.

Edit- those who stay also get full ride scholarships.

Nothing happened to Baylor when one player murdered another player and the coaches were in on it.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is, I think they got their coach. It certainly seems like he's the guy to get them back on the road and out of the ditch. That ditch really starts to suck after awhile, hoping my team crawls out as well.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska isn't ready for the big dawgs yet. A good year would be a solid 2nd in the West. Best case scenario has them at Iowa/Northwestern status.