• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL AMENDMENT #1 TO CONSTITUTION

Should Amendment #1 be adopted ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS @averagejoe @Yellow Fuzzies @SteelersPride @Ram Tough @MilkSpiller22 @TREFF @tlance @Bandit @TKOSpikes @SoShady @broncosmitty @Sam Sportboy @leftypower @Barilko @Trudem @SmokingMonkey @HaroldSeattle @femurov @ehb5 @Chef99 @bksballer89 @Stomp @obxyankeefan
Everyone needs to vote. A 2/3 majority is necessary to carry the motion.

FROM BANDIT
I propose the following amendment regarding relegation and how many teams move up and down. Last year Trudem finished no worse than 2nd in all the power categories, but since he didn't win the championship he stayed in the B league. EHB was the only team moving up because he finished 1st under all the criteria and TKO got to stay in the A league even though he really did have a shitty season and there's no way he's going to argue with me about that. My proposal is to tweak it a little bit so what happened to Trudem last year wouldn't happen again. Right now it's this:

VI. Relegation:
i. In normal circumstances, two teams will move up from the B league to the A league and two teams will move down from the A league to the B league. Teams moving down will be determined by power rankings. In the event of a tie, H2H will be the first tiebreaker, breakdown record will be the second tiebreaker, total points the third tiebreaker -- and if we still have a tie, activity level will determine.
ii. The two teams moving up from the B League will go according to these criteria:
1. Champion
2. Regular season breakdown leader
3. Top seed
4. Regular season power rankings leader (this is redundant because if you are the top seed and the breakdown leader, you are going to be the power rankings leader)
5. Regular season points leader
iii. If the B League champion meets all the other criteria, only a single team moves up (and only a single team moves down). Otherwise, the other B League team with the top-most criterion also moves up. (In the unlikely event of a tie activity level will determine).
iv. To Spice Things Up - If in the regular season the B league outscores the A league by 168 points, FOUR teams move instead of two. If that happens, and the B League criteria above doesn't provide four teams, we'll use playoff seeding for the rest.

I propose this change:

Remove the #4 from right now, move Regular season points leader up a spot, and add #5

4. Regular season power rankings leader (this is redundant because if you are the top seed and the breakdown leader, you are going to be the power rankings leader)

1. Champion
3. Top seed
4. Regular season points leader
5. Any team that ends the regular season with a power ranking of 32.5 or above

RATIONALE:
In order to have a power ranking that high, you would have to finish 2nd by yourself in two of the categories for points, breakdown, or record and finish no worse than tied for 2nd in the only category that you didn't finish 2nd in. It still keeps the criteria very high, but if you have a 2nd dominant team, they would still get to move up. For example, last year Trudem finished tied for 1st in record (11.5 power), 2nd in points (11 power), and 2nd in breakdown (11 power) for a total power ranking of 33.5, so he would have moved up under the new criteria. Even if he had finished tied for 2nd in record (10.5 power) he still would have moved up with a 32.5 power ranking, but if he had fallen into a three way tie for 2nd in record (10 power) then he would have only had a 32 power ranking which would have left him short. Like I said, it doesn't change a lot, but I think if you have two dominant teams in the B league they should both move up.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it.

Good rule.

Vote yes

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Felt weird moving up and leaving Trudem behind when we were neck and neck all year.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vote is actually 6 at this time - we have an outsider. .... ashamed people can't respect the fact it is MBBRL and they weren't tagged to vote in the first place. That is the reason I have to make all votes visible. ....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS @averagejoe @Yellow Fuzzies @SteelersPride @Ram Tough @MilkSpiller22 @TREFF @tlance @Bandit @TKOSpikes @SoShady @broncosmitty @Sam Sportboy @leftypower @Barilko @Trudem @SmokingMonkey @HaroldSeattle @femurov @ehb5 @Chef99 @bksballer89 @Stomp @obxyankeefan
Everyone needs to vote. A 2/3 majority is necessary to carry the motion.

FROM BANDIT
I propose the following amendment regarding relegation and how many teams move up and down. Last year Trudem finished no worse than 2nd in all the power categories, but since he didn't win the championship he stayed in the B league. EHB was the only team moving up because he finished 1st under all the criteria and TKO got to stay in the A league even though he really did have a shitty season and there's no way he's going to argue with me about that. My proposal is to tweak it a little bit so what happened to Trudem last year wouldn't happen again. Right now it's this:

VI. Relegation:
i. In normal circumstances, two teams will move up from the B league to the A league and two teams will move down from the A league to the B league. Teams moving down will be determined by power rankings. In the event of a tie, H2H will be the first tiebreaker, breakdown record will be the second tiebreaker, total points the third tiebreaker -- and if we still have a tie, activity level will determine.
ii. The two teams moving up from the B League will go according to these criteria:
1. Champion
3. Top seed
5. Regular season points leader
iii. If the B League champion meets all the other criteria, only a single team moves up (and only a single team moves down). Otherwise, the other B League team with the top-most criterion also moves up. (In the unlikely event of a tie activity level will determine).
iv. To Spice Things Up - If in the regular season the B league outscores the A league by 168 points, FOUR teams move instead of two. If that happens, and the B League criteria above doesn't provide four teams, we'll use playoff seeding for the rest.

I propose this change:

Remove the #4 from right now, move Regular season points leader up a spot, and add #5

1. Champion
3. Top seed
4. Regular season points leader
5. Any team that ends the regular season with a power ranking of 32.5 or above

RATIONALE:
In order to have a power ranking that high, you would have to finish 2nd by yourself in two of the categories for points, breakdown, or record and finish no worse than tied for 2nd in the only category that you didn't finish 2nd in. It still keeps the criteria very high, but if you have a 2nd dominant team, they would still get to move up. For example, last year Trudem finished tied for 1st in record (11.5 power), 2nd in points (11 power), and 2nd in breakdown (11 power) for a total power ranking of 33.5, so he would have moved up under the new criteria. Even if he had finished tied for 2nd in record (10.5 power) he still would have moved up with a 32.5 power ranking, but if he had fallen into a three way tie for 2nd in record (10 power) then he would have only had a 32 power ranking which would have left him short. Like I said, it doesn't change a lot, but I think if you have two dominant teams in the B league they should both move up.

idk... i like the intention... but i think we can simplify it more... by just saying the top NON CHAMPION also goes up... Not sure if we need to identify an actual scenario....

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk... i like the intention... but i think we can simplify it more... by just saying the top NON CHAMPION also goes up... Not sure if we need to identify an actual scenario....
I don’t think it’s always the best non-winner though.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it’s always the best non-winner though.

maybe not... but i see there to be only two qualifications to move up...

1. Champion
2. Top power ranking by non champion
Tie BREAK- a. H2H
b. Most points

Last edited:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it possible to have multiple teams with a power ranking of 32.5 or higher??

if so then hypothetically we can have 3 people moving up... by the new rule... but only 2 teams going down...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it possible to have multiple teams with a power ranking of 32.5 or higher??

if so then hypothetically we can have 3 people moving up... by the new rule... but only 2 teams going down...

No. Still only 2.

And while it is technically possible to have 3 super teams above 32.5 in the following scenario:

Team 1:

12 for breakdown, 10 for record and 11 for points- total 33

Team 2:

11 for breakdown, 12 for record and 10 for points- total of 33

Team 3:

10 for breakdown, 11 for record and 12 for points: total of 33

That scenario, or 1 like it would not yield a triple crown winner and the normal relegation rules would apply.

If 1 team wins the triple crown, it is impossible for 2 other teams to get that many points.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a yes for me.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and Thanks Lefty and Bandit for the work

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By my count that's 70% FOR Amendment #1 - appears the motion is carried. .... I'll wait another couple of days for anyone else to chime in - then give @HaroldSeattle the new wording if he'd be kind enough to make the change for us. ...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Still only 2.

And while it is technically possible to have 3 super teams above 32.5 in the following scenario:

Team 1:

12 for breakdown, 10 for record and 11 for points- total 33

Team 2:

11 for breakdown, 12 for record and 10 for points- total of 33

Team 3:

10 for breakdown, 11 for record and 12 for points: total of 33

That scenario, or 1 like it would not yield a triple crown winner and the normal relegation rules would apply.

If 1 team wins the triple crown, it is impossible for 2 other teams to get that many points.

Well done T, couldn't have said it better myself.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all of this I will flop this year and someone else will get to take advantage of the new rulle. With that said, I still like the rule.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done T, couldn't have said it better myself.

I definitely agree with the intention of the rule change...

But call me dumb, because I am missing something... If we accept the rule change, and we have multiple teams with a power ranking of over 32.5, then wouldn't the new rule say that all 32.5 teams move up??

what if, there are 3, or there are 2 but neither won the championship??

I just think the Moving up rule can be simplified to 2 criteria

1. CHampion
2. Top power ranked of non playoff teams

sure there would need to be a tie breaker in after criteria 2... but it is still easier than what is and what is proposed... and does virtually the exact same thing...

I would add, that we should NEVER have only one team move up... It should ALWAYS be 2... and I am not sure if your proposal would ALWAYS have 2 move up(or when we have 4 move up, 4 should move up)...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By my count that's 70% FOR Amendment #1 - appears the motion is carried. .... I'll wait another couple of days for anyone else to chime in - then give @HaroldSeattle the new wording if he'd be kind enough to make the change for us. ...
I seemed to have forgotten that we had an 'outsider' vote so the vote is 16 FOR not 17. At 66.67% it is exactly the 2/3 required. Still no votes from: @FaCe-LeE-uS @averagejoe @TKOSpikes @SoShady @broncosmitty @bksballer89 @Sam Sportboy @MilkSpiller22

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seemed to have forgotten that we had an 'outsider' vote so the vote is 16 FOR not 17. At 66.67% it is exactly the 2/3 required. Still no votes from: @FaCe-LeE-uS @averagejoe @TKOSpikes @SoShady @broncosmitty @bksballer89 @Sam Sportboy @MilkSpiller22

if this rule change guarantees that 2 owners will always move up(4 when rules dictate), then it is a yes... otherwise it is a no... I don't want to vote to change a rule that I think will have to be changed again...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted.....but no vote is complete on tHoop without Tater Salad so this poll sucks.