• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amari Cooper or Kevin White

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I'm a Raiders fan, but you can almost toss that out the window when it comes to FF. I'm at best cautiously optimistic about the Raiders offense, just hoping to show signs of improvement, I definitely don't think they're going to light up any scoreboards.

But, what me choosing Cooper says is that I really don't like the Bears outlook under Fox and a Manning-less Gase. I like Forte, but that's it. Cutler I don't trust, and Gase, under the defensive minded Fox, with a turnover prone QB? I'm doubting the Bears ability to support two fantasy WR's, and if I'm betting on one, my money is on Jeffrey..this year. After that, all bets are off as I don't expect Cutler to be around, and if the offense doesn't produce, Gase could be right behind him, and who knows what the next guy will install. .to many ?'s for me. At least in Oakland I know the QB, I know the supporting cast isn't taking anything away, and I think they've finally committed to not playing musical chairs with the coaching staff.

This is all true. And I can vouch for Treff's non-bias.

And I do see the Raiders defense being much improved this year.

Like I said, if you got "stuck" with Cooper, you won't be regretting anything. He is a more polished route runner, and I'd bet his football IQ is superior.

Close call.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, now to be fully honest. .if EVERYTHING was dead even, id probably still take Cooper, because at the bottom of it all, FF should be fun, and I'll have more fun cheering for Cooper than for White...BUT, I have more fun winning, and I don't feel all things are equal, even though it is kinda splitting hairs.

Maybe that's what it might come down to, who would you like to have in your team more if you view them as pretty much equal.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent points all around gentlemen.

Typically, when a WR is drafted in the top 10, he's expected to be the go-to guy. Very rarely do we see a WR drafted this high who is paired with another WR who is already dominant at the position. I looked over the last decade of drafts and only found two such instances, and I recorded their rookie stats.

2014: Mike evans, drafted #7 overall, played alongside Vincent Jackson
(68 receptions, 1051 yards, 12 TDs)

2011: Julio Jones, drafted #6 overall, played alongside Roddy White
(54 receptions, 959 yards, 8 TDs)

It's not much of a sample size, but it's interesting to note that in both instances, both the rookie and the established WR put up good numbers. I'm particularly interested in the 2014 Tampa Bay case. If a combination of Josh McCown and Mike Glennon can support two high-caliber WRs, I don't see why Jay Cutler can't.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Typically, when a WR is drafted in the top 10, he's expected to be the go-to guy. Very rarely do we see a WR drafted this high who is paired with another WR who is already dominant at the position. I looked over the last decade of drafts and only found two such instances, and I recorded their rookie stats.

It's not much of a sample size, but it's interesting to note that in both instances, both the rookie and the established WR put up good numbers. I'm particularly interested in the 2014 Tampa Bay case. If a combination of Josh McCown and Mike Glennon can support two high-caliber WRs, I don't see why Jay Cutler can't.

Because McCown/Glennon had a disastrous combo of Martin, Sims, and that other guy making a laughing stock out of the running game, all they had was the pass...Cutler has Forte. Similar issue with Matt Ryan, Roddy and Julio who only had an aging, Michael Turner

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because McCown/Glennon had a disastrous combo of Martin, Sims, and that other guy making a laughing stock out of the running game, all they had was the pass...Cutler has Forte. Similar issue with Matt Ryan, Roddy and Julio who only had an aging, Michael Turner

Michael Turner hit 1,340 yards and 11 touchdowns that year.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he's never had anyone else to force feed. Denver-Marshall, the time in Chicago before Marshall-no one of note, Chicago w/ Marshall-Narshall...until Jeffrey's second year. Now no Marshall, but still have the budding stud Jeffrey. Will he force the ball to him, I dunno, but if both aren't wide open, I'm guessing he'd rather throw it up to the guy he's trusted for a few years, than a rookie.
Yeah, I just think Marshall had a priority in the targets department because he was always up in cutlers business. I could see cutler spreading it around again.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One can look at Evans on both sides of the coin. Yes, his finishing numbers were good, but he was inconsistent. Had a great four game run with six TD's, half his games were 4 - 60 kind of thing.

I would expect White to be more inconsistent with more TD, and Cooper to have a higher floor with many 6 + catch games.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to think I'm non-bias as well (like Treff). And for the record, I'm not suggesting either WR. (I don't trust rookies and I'm not a dyansty guy.)

But X, you've brought up some interesting points yourself. And like Treff said, FF should be fun. If you feel that one has a slight edge over the other, take him. Cause either you'll be right but you'll be kicking yourself for not doing it; or you'll be wrong, and at least you had the guts to do it.

BTW: One reason Cutler may have wore out his welcome with some fans is because he did force throws to Marshall. And if Jeffery is the guy that now faces double-teams, White may be the safer throw. And I do like TKO's point that the Bear's offense may have a greater chance for TD compared to the Raiders. That said, I do have Cooper ranked above White in my personal rankings (which I may adjust after reading everyone's posts).

One more thought: Breshad Perriman. I know he's not part of the discussion right now, but hear me out. New OC Marc Trestman has racked up unbelievable first-year offensive numbers everywhere he has been. SF, OAK, ARI, MTL (CFL) and CHI. Perriman was the 5th WR drafted (26th overall) on a very WR-needy Ravens team.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breshad Perriman is a guy I haven't done my homework on yet. But after seeing his name mentioned twice now, I definitely intend to.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breshad Perriman is a guy I haven't done my homework on yet. But after seeing his name mentioned twice now, I definitely intend to.

don't do too much Homework... Honestly, I feel like that's where we go wrong sometimes... just answer these questions,

1. Does he have the opportunity??
2. Does he have a good QB throwing to him??
3. does he have an offense that will score a lot of TDs, OR need to throw all the time...
4. How crowded is the offense??

That is really the only things that are important in fantasy... how often a player drops the ball is meaningless if the team has no other options to throw to!!!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you like Torrey, you'll probably like Perriman. I know it's a cliche/cop out, but they are almost identical players.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have done my homework because as a Rams fan it seems like you spend way too much time looking at offensive draft prospects every year. Perriman is a guy that everyone wanted to hate and say was overrated and then once they looked at him they saw a lot of potential. All I know is that:

1)Flacco loves to throw deep
2)Flacco doesn't really need a superstar
3)The Ravens generally draft very well
4)Last year was a deep WR class

Perriman is the Melvin Gordon of WRs as far as Im concerned. He might not be the best guy but he is good enough and going into a very good situation.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys keep pumping up Perriman please guess who owns him

Back to the question

There is no way that I can detail a reply better or equal to all of the above input

Great job guys

I'll just say when I first read the question. The first instinct I had was. White and that is because he should be open more often than Cooper

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His cardio is a concern, and he has a shin injury? Can't imagine an awful lot of cardio work gets put in when you have a bum wheel.

I hadn't ever really paid attention to Foxy's non-use of rookies, so that was news to me. Makes since, sometimes coaches won't trust the rookies on the field for the 2 minute offense.
Puts me even further into the Cooper camp.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His cardio is a concern, and he has a shin injury? Can't imagine an awful lot of cardio work gets put in when you have a bum wheel.

I hadn't ever really paid attention to Foxy's non-use of rookies, so that was news to me. Makes since, sometimes coaches won't trust the rookies on the field for the 2 minute offense.
Puts me even further into the Cooper camp.

If this were my question/thread, I think you would have flipped me, Treff.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a non-story as far as I'm concerned. They're being cautious with him, and I don't buy for one second that he's not going to be a starter.

But it's still important to see all the facts.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got White in the B suicide league, so I'm really hoping he does well. If he was starting he'd been a flex option for me.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys keep pumping up Perriman please guess who owns him

Back to the question

There is no way that I can detail a reply better or equal to all of the above input

Great job guys

I'll just say when I first read the question. The first instinct I had was. White and that is because he should be open more often than Cooper

I'm all over Perriman, baby. :nod: