• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amari Cooper or Kevin White

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which of these guys will have the better season? Which of these guys will have the better career?

Amari Cooper is currently being drafted ahead of Kevin White in seasonal leagues. I also looked over your dynasty league selections and saw that Amari Cooper was once again selected ahead of Kevin White.

For the record, I like both of these guys. But am I the only one preferring Kevin White for both seasonal and dynasty leagues?

Amari Cooper is the better route runner. But Kevin White is bigger and faster, and he has better hands in my opinion. Kevin White reminds me of Julio Jones. Same play-making ability, their body frames are almost identical, and yes, the dreadlocks.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go with Cooper, in both instances.
For this year in redrafts, because there's no Alshon Jeffery on his team.
For dynasty, who the heck knows what the Bears will do when the get rid of Cutler? Carr looks to be one his way to being the real deal and will be around for a decade, or more, most likely.
Otherwise, yeah, I can see why someone would want White more, just wouldn't be me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Carr. Cutler is still quite a bit ahead of him.

The problem with the Cutler/White connection is health. I don't trust either one to stay healthy long term.

Breshad Perriman is a very intriguing name though. Ravens are an organization I trust, too

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Alshon Jeffery help or hurt the value of Kevin White?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll help that White won't be the defensive focal point, it'll hurt that he's not the one being force fed.
No idea what to make of Gase's offense, considering it was Manning calling the shots the past two years. Maybe he's a spread it around guy, maybe he's a design a gameplan around one weapon guy. Hard to say for certain.

All I know is Cooper is all Oakland really has, Crabby is good enough to move some chains, but Cooper will have to be the stud.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll help that White won't be the defensive focal point, it'll hurt that he's not the one being force fed.
No idea what to make of Gase's offense, considering it was Manning calling the shots the past two years. Maybe he's a spread it around guy, maybe he's a design a gameplan around one weapon guy. Hard to say for certain.

All I know is Cooper is all Oakland really has, Crabby is good enough to move some chains, but Cooper will have to be the stud.

You can make the same argument against Cooper. Crabtree is decent, but ever since coming off his injury, I don't think he warrants extra consideration from the defense. If Cooper starts off well, he would be the focal point of the defense.

Regarding Kevin White, both Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery had co-existed fairly well. I don't see why White and Jeffery won't.

I'm not sure what Gase has in mind, but I'm sure it will include a healthy dose of Kevin White, who is by far a better prospect than Alshon Jeffery ever was. Jeffery is of course a very good player and he's still young, but I expect Kevin White to over-take him in a year or two as the team's primary receiver.

Having these kinds of WRs in Chicago, I imagine any sensible OC would open things up. But that's speculation.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go for Cooper provided he isn't overvalued. How fast is he going among WR? I usually play auction style rather than draft style.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expect a lot of screens to white, Royal, and Forte. I think white will be huge for the Bears. I also don't see cutler force feeding anyone like he did Marshall. I don't think he has ever force fed anyone but Marshall.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go for Cooper provided he isn't overvalued. How fast is he going among WR? I usually play auction style rather than draft style.

On ESPN, Cooper is currently ranked at 58th overall. White is at 62nd overall. In auction, they're $1 apart. They're very close. But in the message board's dynasty league, Cooper went 17 picks before White, which I found rather surprising.

I'm anticipating running into this decision in my keeper league, which is why I brought it up. I'm currently going with White, but I'd really like to see how these guys look in preseason before I make up my mind.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On ESPN, Cooper is currently ranked at 58th overall. White is at 62nd overall. In auction, they're $1 apart. They're very close. But in the message board's dynasty league, Cooper went 17 picks before White, which I found rather surprising.

I'm anticipating running into this decision in my keeper league, which is why I brought it up. I'm currently going with White, but I'd really like to see how these guys look in preseason before I make up my mind.

Go with Cooper for keeper and don't look back IMO.

I've watched them both, they are both good, but Cooper is the best bet over the years. It's not just about the skills each have, both are good. But Amari is the special kind of player who keeps his mouth shut and works harder than anyone. He is a lot like Julio Jones with his work ethic and passion for being great.

Not to say White lacks these things, not really sure. But I know Cooper has them. He isn't going to be outworked, and he has the skills.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both franchises are frustrating. But I like the direction the Bears are going with Fox/Gase, even if Cutler is gone in 2016. Fox brings history and stability.
X, I think you answered your own question. If Cooper is going first, but both are similar, you may have a steal on your hands with White if projections are close.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect a lot of screens to white, Royal, and Forte. I think white will be huge for the Bears. I also don't see cutler force feeding anyone like he did Marshall. I don't think he has ever force fed anyone but Marshall.
To be fair, he's never had anyone else to force feed. Denver-Marshall, the time in Chicago before Marshall-no one of note, Chicago w/ Marshall-Narshall...until Jeffrey's second year. Now no Marshall, but still have the budding stud Jeffrey. Will he force the ball to him, I dunno, but if both aren't wide open, I'm guessing he'd rather throw it up to the guy he's trusted for a few years, than a rookie.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe, it's not really about getting a steal for my particular situation.

In my keeper league draft, I believe I'm going to have first crack at these two receivers. Knowing the guys in my league, the other player isn't going to make it back to me. So my objective is simply to pick the better player.

Bear fans seem to be siding with White. Raider fans and Alabama fans siding with Cooper. Hmmm...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In my keeper league draft, I believe I'm going to have first crack at these two receivers. Knowing the guys in my league, the other player isn't going to make it back to me. So my objective is simply to pick the better player.

Bear fans seem to be siding with White. Raider fans and Alabama fans siding with Cooper. Hmmm...

Well I'm neither, so maybe I'm a little more impartial.

Coming out of the combine, I really thought White supplanted Cooper. Seems to be a bigger, stronger, faster player. Although it is scary to think beyond Cutler, I would still take White.

No knock on Cooper (who I see being better in PPR), but I think White sees more TDs.

That being said, I don't think it's a huge difference and I don't think you'll be upset either way in the long run.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm also a Bears fan btw, just don't have room on my list and I really really really hate Jay Cutler.

I also watched about 6 of the WVU games and usually watch them over most teams. White is good and probably would have done even better if his QB didn't spent the 2nd half of the season with mush head.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I'm a Raiders fan, but you can almost toss that out the window when it comes to FF. I'm at best cautiously optimistic about the Raiders offense, just hoping to show signs of improvement, I definitely don't think they're going to light up any scoreboards.

But, what me choosing Cooper says is that I really don't like the Bears outlook under Fox and a Manning-less Gase. I like Forte, but that's it. Cutler I don't trust, and Gase, under the defensive minded Fox, with a turnover prone QB? I'm doubting the Bears ability to support two fantasy WR's, and if I'm betting on one, my money is on Jeffrey..this year. After that, all bets are off as I don't expect Cutler to be around, and if the offense doesn't produce, Gase could be right behind him, and who knows what the next guy will install. .to many ?'s for me. At least in Oakland I know the QB, I know the supporting cast isn't taking anything away, and I think they've finally committed to not playing musical chairs with the coaching staff.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm neither, so maybe I'm a little more impartial.

Coming out of the combine, I really thought White supplanted Cooper. Seems to be a bigger, stronger, faster player. Although it is scary to think beyond Cutler, I would still take White.

No knock on Cooper (who I see being better in PPR), but I think White sees more TDs.

That being said, I don't think it's a huge difference and I don't think you'll be upset either way in the long run.

This is exactly what I'm seeing as well.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isnt a ton of CB depth in the league right now imo. Solid #2 Wrs should almost always have the advantage over a #2 CB. So while Cooper should be force fed in theory, in practice it might be a push because he'll often be going against much better competition.

Mike Evans last year is a good example of a guy doing well on a bad team with another WR target. If you think the Bears are going to be bad and throwing a lot, White seems like a solid value.

Its a judgment call. Id take White but just barely.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this season, I don't see Fox giving White a crash-course in learning the NFL. I think he feeds Forte the ball and White becomes more of a decoy for Jeffery while he learns the ropes.