• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All eyes on the future now as the Rangers host the Halos for four: 8/2-5

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This site has a 2022 draft order tracker that is updated after every game.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knock on Dustin Harris when we traded for him, was that he didn't hit for enough power. He seems to be correcting that this year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levi Weaver did a little exercise where he predicts our 2023 Opening Day roster. Here are his position players, including two free agent signings.

C. Heim
1B Huff
2B Foscue
3B. Jung
SS. Carlos Correa
LF. Adolis
CF. Taveras
RF. Gallo
DH. Calhoun

Bench includes Trevino, IKF, Steele Walker, and Eli White

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levi Weaver did a little exercise where he predicts our 2023 Opening Day roster. Here are his position players, including two free agent signings.

C. Heim
1B Huff
2B Foscue
3B. Jung
SS. Carlos Correa
LF. Adolis
CF. Taveras
RF. Gallo
DH. Calhoun

I bolded the players I don't think will be here.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our nucleus now mostly at AA or above, it will be interesting to see if the front office gets serious about free agency this year or of they will hope all of the pieces they need will be available later.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but unless we don’t resign our FA’s and DFA at least 7 or 8 at the off season we will struggle to find room
Our free agents next year on the 40 man include only Lyles and Holt... so I seriously doubt retaining our free agents will be an issue, no one really wants Lyles back and Holt will be expendable

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but unless we don’t resign our FA’s and DFA at least 7 or 8 at the off season we will struggle to find room
None of those 18 I mentioned should represent any kind of struggle. Even if 2 or 3 of them prove more valuable than they have shown so far that still leaves 15 or 16.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C. Heim
1B Huff
2B Foscue
3B. Jung
SS. Carlos Correa
LF. Adolis
CF. Taveras
RF. Gallo
DH. Calhoun

Zero interest in Carlos Correa, would rather have IKF play SS

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our nucleus now mostly at AA or above, it will be interesting to see if the front office gets serious about free agency this year or of they will hope all of the pieces they need will be available later.

Looking at the top available guys, it looks tricky. The top offensive targets (Seager, Baez, Correa, Story) are all SS, which would have them roadblock some key guys down below. Plus, they will all undoubtedly be looking for 7+ year contracts because of their ages.

None of the SP's really do much for me.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we could limit it by signing Trevor Story, Mark Canha and Noah Syndergaard. positional players then would be Calhoun, Canha, Garcia, Heim, Huff, Ibanez, Jung, Kiner-Falefa, Solak, Story, Taveras, Walker and White.

Pitchers would be Allard, Arihara, Bahr, Barlow, Benjamin, Cody, Dunning, Evans, Hearn, Hernandez, Howard & Syndergaard.

won't happen but it is the kind of path that makes sense to me

Reactions: DTC

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those 18 I mentioned should represent any kind of struggle. Even if 2 or 3 of them prove more valuable than they have shown so far that still leaves 15 or 16.
just because you don't like some of them doesn't mean they are also disliked by the team

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because you don't like some of them doesn't mean they are also disliked by the team
There is absolutely no reason to believe they don't like the young guys who need to be added to the 40 either. They will like someone better. To me, most of the choices are easy ones. If you disagree then you must not think we are very far away from competing as it stands now.

Either way you feel, you just pick who you think has the best chance to get us to a WS and get rid of the rest. It should not be a struggle either way.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we could limit it by signing Trevor Story, Mark Canha and Noah Syndergaard. positional players then would be Calhoun, Canha, Garcia, Heim, Huff, Ibanez, Jung, Kiner-Falefa, Solak, Story, Taveras, Walker and White.

Pitchers would be Allard, Arihara, Bahr, Barlow, Benjamin, Cody, Dunning, Evans, Hearn, Hernandez, Howard & Syndergaard.

won't happen but it is the kind of path that makes sense to me
Wow, that would be jumping in with both feet right away. I was wondering if they would sign anyone of significance this coming offseason, and you have them going after 3.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no reason to believe they don't like the young guys who need to be added to the 40 either. They will like someone better. To me, most of the choices are easy ones. If you disagree then you must not think we are very far away from competing as it stands now.

Either way you feel, you just pick who you think has the best chance to get us to a WS and get rid of the rest. It should not be a struggle either way.
no i can disagree and still believe we have a lot of work to do. i can name a number of players on our 40 who need to be traded or DFA'ed without touching several of the young players you have listed.

leclerc, anderson, bush, culberson, cotton and Folty released. guzman, trevino, lowe and sborz traded.

there's 10