• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a weirdass show. They built it at some huge match up, yet put it on a 9 with the Trios match as the main event, which tips you off there's gonna be shenanigans. But then the timing of the rest of the show was off after that match like it was a real injury (I don't think it was) and you could tell they were having to stall to pad time the entire rest of the show. And so far, I haven't seen any credible information about what the fuck is going on. The speculation that makes the most sense that I've seen so far is Punk is still hurt and will be out longer than they thought, so he came back early to job so they won't have to do the "Interim" thing for the next few months. But if that's true, they sure did pick a weird way to get there.

Speaking of Interims, I see that SRS confirmed that Thunder Rosa really is injured. They better not fucking put the title on Baker again. It's past time for something fresh. Storm or Hayter please. Personally, I'd go with Hayter. You got a ready-made story sitting right there with her winning and Baker being jealous that her protege won.

It depends on who the next champ is after this.

To me it’s gotta be someone you’re comfy feeding to jade

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify, the point is he wouldn't be doing things like that if he was still injured . I think the injury is a complete work at this point and they run it back at All Out. Who knows though? That match was Montreal/Fingerpoke of doom levels weird.

Also I hate crapping on internet favorites but Cornette, the newsletter guys and seemingly every comment section loves Ricky Starks. What am I missing there? I don't actively dislike him but I'm curious why he's getting so much hype right now

People love small weak dudes who talk tough….it’s very strange

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

More crazy shit backstage news. Apparently Eddie Kingston has been on a 2 week suspension because he took a swing at Sammy Guevara, who called him a fat fuck during an argument.

Honestly, dude should have been given a pay raise

Facts

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a weirdass show. They built it at some huge match up, yet put it on a 9 with the Trios match as the main event, which tips you off there's gonna be shenanigans. But then the timing of the rest of the show was off after that match like it was a real injury (I don't think it was) and you could tell they were having to stall to pad time the entire rest of the show. And so far, I haven't seen any credible information about what the fuck is going on. The speculation that makes the most sense that I've seen so far is Punk is still hurt and will be out longer than they thought, so he came back early to job so they won't have to do the "Interim" thing for the next few months. But if that's true, they sure did pick a weird way to get there.

Speaking of Interims, I see that SRS confirmed that Thunder Rosa really is injured. They better not fucking put the title on Baker again. It's past time for something fresh. Storm or Hayter please. Personally, I'd go with Hayter. You got a ready-made story sitting right there with her winning and Baker being jealous that her protege won.

I wonder if punk isn’t legit injured

That would make sense

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People love small weak dudes who talk tough….it’s very strange
what's strange about it? People love and underdog and people love confidence.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what's strange about it? People love and underdog and people love confidence.

With underdogs they usually connect via sense of vulnerability though. To me Gargano and Eddie Kingston are the best underdogs in wrestling right now. One has world class matches and the other cuts world class promos. I've never seen anything close to that caliber from Starks

On a human level I hope the guy has a great career and makes a ton of money. I'm also not against him getting TV time in mid card feuds. The smark/IWC hype is what's alluding me

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With underdogs they usually connect via sense of vulnerability though. To me Gargano and Eddie Kingston are the best underdogs in wrestling right now. One has world class matches and the other cuts world class promos. I've never seen anything close to that caliber from Starks

On a human level I hope the guy has a great career and makes a ton of money. I'm also not against him getting TV time in mid card feuds. The smark/IWC hype is what's alluding me

laying it on a little thick with gargano, but the theory is there.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
laying it on a little thick with gargano, but the theory is there.

Gargano is incredible in ring imo. Did you ever see his takeover match with Andrade? I'd rank that with the best matches in WWE/NXT history. Great tag wrestler too

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Details on the Kingston/Sammy stuff

PWInsider:

EDDIE KINGSTON COMMENTS ON AEW SUSPENSION
By Mike Johnson on 2022-08-25 02:36:00
Wednesday morning, PWInsider.com noted during The We Don't Need Stinkin' Name Show for PWInsiderElite.com subscribers that a story making the rounds among talent was that there was a heated issue between Sammy Guevara and Eddie Kingston backstage recently.
Since we recorded, PWInsider.com confirmed with several sources that there was an altercation in Minneapolis several weeks back following a Sammy Guevara promo that got physical after Guevara returned backstage. Kingston confronted Guevara, taking issue with something he said during the promo about Kingston's appearance. The two were separated and Kingston was suspended for several weeks. He has not been at AEW events since and the expectation is that he will return next week.
When reached for comment, Kingston confirmed the suspension, stating, "You know the truth. I wouldn't lie. I was wrong for being unprofessional. That is the blind fact. He did what he did and the public can judge that but I know for a fact I was wrong."
There has been no official word whether Guevara was suspended as well. He was not at TV last week in West Virginia, but there were lots of travel issues coming into and out of Charleston. Guevara worked last night's Rampage taping in a bout that will air this Friday on TNT, teaming with his wife Tay Melo against Ortiz and Ruby Soho.
The Eddie Kingston vs. Sammy Guevara match has been promoted regularly on AEW's social media accounts over the last several weeks, so it would appear
the match is still scheduled for the AEW All Out PPV.

Fightful:

Eddie was mad at Sammy because Sammy didn’t go over the promo with Eddie. They hadn’t talked since the blood and guts match.

Eddie asked to work with Sammy. Sammy didn’t exactly have people wanting to work with him after the angle with America Top Team.

There were some clear no goes for promos with Sammy: No mentioning his ex-fiancé (though this hasn’t been brought up by anyone).

Eddie was planned to win the match at all out. The promo was edited, originally Sammy called Eddie a “fat piece of shit”. Eddie felt it buried the match if Sammy was beat by a “fat piece of shit”. The crux of the frustration was how Sammy reacted after being perceived as hard to work with.

Eddie yelled at Sammy and Sammy smiled back at him. Eddie “pie-faced” Sammy, who was very unhappy over this. Eddie was suspended for two weeks. Eddie responded with: “I was wrong. That is all”

Eddie owned up to being wrong but yeah, kinda sounds like Sammy had it coming.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify, the point is he wouldn't be doing things like that if he was still injured . I think the injury is a complete work at this point and they run it back at All Out. Who knows though? That match was Montreal/Fingerpoke of doom levels weird.

Also I hate crapping on internet favorites but Cornette, the newsletter guys and seemingly every comment section loves Ricky Starks. What am I missing there? I don't actively dislike him but I'm curious why he's getting so much hype right now

He oozes charisma and is strong the mic. Sort of a throwback to the old territory days with his promo style showing a lot of emotions, a little bit like some old school Ric Flair or Dusty Rhodes. He's pretty darn smooth in the ring too. He definitely has some top star potential.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is getting into Zapruder film type shit but someone on social media pointed out that before the match Punk climbs to the top rope and jumps down to the mat right before the bell rings. That seems like way too much unnecessary force to put on a broken foot if it was still healing

That maybe what happened. Why it took only 10 minutes.

Their written in as the Main event as All Out as well

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alot of what Turk said and the fact he wasn't just made a face like Snaps fingers that. It was more of a Fans choice and ,Unlike WWE, they did it

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Details on the Kingston/Sammy stuff

PWInsider:

Fightful:

Eddie owned up to being wrong but yeah, kinda sounds like Sammy had it coming.

The more I see Eddie, the more I like him. He is the Anti-Star. The common man's wrestler.

Mox is that too.

These are guys who aren't Jacked to the tite. Just guys who carry a little something on the front, tough and take no shit from no one.

Like your buddies that you drink with.

and to be quite Honest. Sammy needs alot of heat, Miz style heat, for this. Respect the veterans and those who help pave the way.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I see Eddie, the more I like him. He is the Anti-Star. The common man's wrestler.

Mox is that too.

These are guys who aren't Jacked to the tite. Just guys who carry a little something on the front, tough and take no shit from no one.

Like your buddies that you drink with.

Yeah. Very relatable to the average fan

Lining the guys smaller than have the girls roster like crybaby Cole is just baffling to me

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He oozes charisma and is strong the mic. Sort of a throwback to the old territory days with his promo style showing a lot of emotions, a little bit like some old school Ric Flair or Dusty Rhodes. He's pretty darn smooth in the ring too. He definitely has some top star potential.

Fair enough. I re-watched the promo and there was definitely a lot of passion in it but I'm personally not seeing the same star power that everyone else does. Literally every podcast, wrestling site, message board etc goes nuts over the guy and I just don't see it as far as big time AEW main event/WWE potential. Unless you're Vince McMahon from the years 2000-2019 one person's opinion isn't the be all, end all so I'm apparently the one missing out

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be quite Honest. Sammy needs alot of heat, Miz style heat, for this. Respect the veterans and those who help pave the way. If i had a Position of power in AEW.

Eddie, 1 week. Kind taking too

Sammy. 1 Month, regulated to Triple H 1996 status, Very stern, Swearing included because I cuss like a sailor when Fucking pissed, Lecture about Lights on and how to conduct yourself when the Lights Off.

I would also find ways to Punish Tay because Guilt by Association

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That maybe what happened. Why it took only 10 minutes.

Their written in as the Main event as All Out as well

That to me was a tell that he was fully or at least 95 percent recovered. Punk sold the injury but that minor slip up was a give away that he's healthy enough to work full matches. It wasn’t my catch but something I saw on Twitter from random fans.

Makes me wonder if they have something major planned for All Out main event.. a turn, MJF interference, etc

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gargano is incredible in ring imo. Did you ever see his takeover match with Andrade? I'd rank that with the best matches in WWE/NXT history. Great tag wrestler too

Don't even get me started with that match. I'm still pissed that the wrong guy went over in that match. So much so, that the only Takeover I've seen since TO: Philly is Takeover XXV. And the only reason I watched that show is because I was there live.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That to me was a tell that he was fully or at least 95 percent recovered. Punk sold the injury but that minor slip up was a give away that he's healthy enough to work full matches. It wasn’t my catch but something I saw on Twitter from random fans.

Makes me wonder if they have something major planned for All Out main event.. a turn, MJF interference, etc

Honestly, Completion of a turn because Punk seemed Mega MEGA heel that promo last week

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't even get me started with that match. I'm still pissed that the wrong guy went over in that match. So much so, that the only Takeover I've seen since TO: Philly is Takeover XXV. And the only reason I watched that show is because I was there live.

I thought it was a classic match and was convinced Andrade/Vega were main roster money and Gargano (who was outstanding) would get over more as a babyface face with the loss.