• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS - M's at Houston

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it over when the Germans bombed
pearl harbor.

Germans..????
Forget it...hes on a roll...

Animal house

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollander is the M's GM now so I would assume Jerry still has some input, but Hollander is doing the heavy lifting on player acquisitions now.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First blood..

Nothing is over.....rambo..
Adoo.. a choose me

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kombucha No But GIF

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For duders..

Meow

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I let Haniger walk and use that money elsewhere. Haniger basically did nothing for this team this year. Was awful after he returned from injury. Did nothing in the playoffs. Guy is great when healthy, but in what 6 years here he's managed that one time? Time to look elsewhere.

If the Mariners added two really good bats in the offseason, and then he was behind them Julio, Suarez and France in terms of production, then I'd be a lot more in favor of bringing him back. But if they keep Haniger he's gonna be one of the main guys they rely on and he's just not at all dependable.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Dipoto still making the roster picks after his role change?
I wasn’t aware of a roll change, he’s the GM so he should be calling the shots … What roll change took place ?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I let Haniger walk and use that money elsewhere. Haniger basically did nothing for this team this year. Was awful after he returned from injury. Did nothing in the playoffs. Guy is great when healthy, but in what 6 years here he's managed that one time? Time to look elsewhere.

If the Mariners added two really good bats in the offseason, and then he was behind them Julio, Suarez and France in terms of production, then I'd be a lot more in favor of bringing him back. But if they keep Haniger he's gonna be one of the main guys they rely on and he's just not at all dependable.
That Gif I posted was perfect. On general thought it's no, but it's not really a hard no, at least for me.

They have so many spots they could upgrade offensively. It kind of depends on what's out there. If they add to other areas of need and can't really find an offensive upgrade over him then I'm fine with keeping him. I do suspect there will be options out there to upgrade at RF, but you just never know. I don't expect the Haniger of prior years, but I also don't expect his drop off to be as bad as the last month has been after the off season and some rest.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t aware of a roll change, he’s the GM so he should be calling the shots … What roll change took place ?
Dipoto is no longer the GM. That role was passed on to Hollander. Dipoto is team president.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dipoto is no longer the GM. That role was passed on to Hollander. Dipoto is team president.

Ak ok … I would imagine Dipoto will have the final roster say, interesting though, will do some research

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollander is the M's GM now so I would assume Jerry still has some input, but Hollander is doing the heavy lifting on player acquisitions now.
Eh, this was a move that really doesn’t make sense and is kind of scary. To me it is a stupid and wasteful move. Stanton and Co decided to waste money and split the one position of President of baseball operations into operations and business. Hollander is the “GM” but now instead of normal chain where the President gives the GM the actual role of pulling the trigger, he has to go through Jerry, whatever that chicks name is, then to Stanton then back down to him. From my understanding he has been hands on in dealing with the baseball operations but essentially is the Mariners version of the dude who handles the cap for the Seahawks. But it makes me think he might have been a target for another club because their hierarchy makes zero sense.

I still don’t get the President of business operations, so her goal is to what exactly? Kevin Martinez is the PR guy and his job is to bring in as much revenue as possible, they own their own channel and have the MLB revenue sharing and tv deals already set up through the commissioners office and CBA. So what exactly are her job duties. It is to increase revenue I am assuming but that is Kevin’s and Jerry’s and the new GM’s job.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, this was a move that really doesn’t make sense and is kind of scary. To me it is a stupid and wasteful move. Stanton and Co decided to waste money and split the one position of President of baseball operations into operations and business. Hollander is the “GM” but now instead of normal chain where the President gives the GM the actual role of pulling the trigger, he has to go through Jerry, whatever that chicks name is, then to Stanton then back down to him. From my understanding he has been hands on in dealing with the baseball operations but essentially is the Mariners version of the dude who handles the cap for the Seahawks. But it makes me think he might have been a target for another club because their hierarchy makes zero sense.

I still don’t get the President of business operations, so her goal is to what exactly? Kevin Martinez is the PR guy and his job is to bring in as much revenue as possible, they own their own channel and have the MLB revenue sharing and tv deals already set up through the commissioners office and CBA. So what exactly are her job duties. It is to increase revenue I am assuming but that is Kevin’s and Jerry’s and the new GM’s job.
I have no idea. It wasn't something that the media made a big deal about when it was announced. Felt more like a footnote than you would expect the naming of a new GM to be.

That's why I asked who would be making those personnel acquisitions now. Seems kind of weird.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. It wasn't something that the media made a big deal about when it was announced. Felt more like a footnote than you would expect the naming of a new GM to be.

That's why I asked who would be making those personnel acquisitions now. Seems kind of weird.
Well Hollander is the GM, but if Jerry’s complaint had any validity to it of Stanton wouldn’t open the checkbook. Then Hollander has to go through Jerry to get to Stanton but now this chick has to be involved somehow or they are going to have another they hate women story like with their last chick.

From afar it seems most everyone hates Jerry so it seems good to add another buffer with free agents, only question is when it comes to trades. With how it seems it is set up with either Mariners are going to become the easiest team to trade with because Stanton has to give the green light to anything or the hardest because it is a 4 step multiple step operation.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulling one of your best hitters in Suarez and knowing you are probably going into extra's didn't help.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was a perfect way to honor Felix Hernandez after he threw out the first pitch. Absolutely zero run support threw 2 entire games worth of innings…

Mariners baseball! It never changes!
Best post on here.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read anything indicating that and knowing Jerry I would be surprised if he ceded player acquisition responsibilities to him. I think his promotion was in title only.