• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS - M's at Houston

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats to the better team

time to watch the padres and hope beyond hope this was a taste of better things to come for the m's
I'm a huge fan of whoever the Astros are playing from here out.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess it's been a good season. Took a step or so forward.

I hope Mariners brass watched this game closely and realize you cannot advance in post season play with a line up of hitters who cannot plate a run, even when playing baseball from noon till sunset plus.

Even a .270 hitter would help this club immensely if we can sign one this off season.

see ya next season gents.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly more pissed about this game than game 1. Fucking pathetic. Mariners fans waited 21 years for a home playoff game to watch them score 0 runs in 18 innings.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
re=signed.
A 4 Leaf clover.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly more pissed about this game than game 1. Fucking pathetic. Mariners fans waited 21 years for a home playoff game to watch them score 0 runs in 18 innings.
Yea, maybe that extra $1mil they made off of concessions / beer for 48,000 people having both lunch and dinner at the ballpark all day can go towards a professional major league hitter.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge fan of whoever the Astros are playing from here out.
absolutely.

i've still got the padres to kind of root for. they've been a nothing org for a long time, too, and i went to several of their home games with my step dad over the years. would love to see them beat the astros if the fuckers make it to the WS, but will be happy to anybody beat them.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, maybe that extra $1mil they made off of concessions / beer for 48,000 people having both lunch and dinner at the ballpark all day can go towards a professional major league hitter.
In a way it takes the sting off a little. the front office/dipoto will always have to face undeniable collective memory of fans who saw 18 innings without scoring a run in the 1st playoff game in seattle in decades. good luck to them if they choose not to try to upgrade this offense.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That loss in game 1 really just set the tone for the series. To lose in that fashion just swings the momentum soooo hard, it's tough to come back. It happens in NFL as well, but it's contained to just a game... granted in the NFL, playoffs is just over in 1 game and baseball is a series, but a demoralizing loss like that just sucks the life out of the team when you're in a series battle.

When Seattle blew game 1 I kind of said to myself (and I know everyone is going to be like, "Shark fuck you, you said shit." and rightfully so, I didn't post anything), "Yah that's it." Guess you guys just have to take my word for it, lol.

Well, at least Seattle ended the longest playoff drought in US major sports history and got through to the divisional round. I think if they'd won that first game, things might've been very different. They were certainly in every game... they didn't bend over for the Stros... (who probably bent over to get vibrating beads shoved up their ass to signal the incoming pitch - har har).

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok..with all the accomplishments

this year...

We will all..be ready
.for a new list of accomplishments for next year.
...unlike houston....who is already..
At the top...this team...
Is not
.and played hard..
.last pitch loss
18 inning games.
2 games make history..out of 3..

And we can be there to see them make more..

As the baseball..
Turns

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros were the better team, but the M’s could have won anyone of those games, happy how they battled, Astros just had the experience and clutch play when it counted … This was a great experience for the M’s, especially for our young guys…. congrats Houston, good luck going forward …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That loss in game 1 really just set the tone for the series. To lose in that fashion just swings the momentum soooo hard, it's tough to come back. It happens in NFL as well, but it's contained to just a game... granted in the NFL, playoffs is just over in 1 game and baseball is a series, but a demoralizing loss like that just sucks the life out of the team when you're in a series battle.

When Seattle blew game 1 I kind of said to myself (and I know everyone is going to be like, "Shark fuck you, you said shit." and rightfully so, I didn't post anything), "Yah that's it." Guess you guys just have to take my word for it, lol.

Well, at least Seattle ended the longest playoff drought in US major sports history and got through to the divisional round. I think if they'd won that first game, things might've been very different. They were certainly in every game... they didn't bend over for the Stros... (who probably bent over to get vibrating beads shoved up their ass to signal the incoming pitch - har har).

This series showed a lot, M’s battled toe to toe with the best team in the American League … Our young guys got a lesson taught and it’s a good lesson that should benefit them going forward … Only way to grow is to battle in those situations, you can’t coach that you just have to experience it … This was a good lesson

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually did say it. It was the kind of loss that breaks your back. I said that night it was going to be a sweep.

Hopefully they learned from it. Hopefully they work a little harder at picking up the missing pieces to make a complete team. Hopefully they have an extra step on each and every regular season game next year and stop taking games/stretches off with stupid mental lapses.

I'm happy they ended the streak. Really happy they won a series and sent the Jay's packing. Glad they got some valuable playoff experience and a taste of what it takes to play this late in the year at that level.

Now go do something to take that next step up. We will not settle for anything less.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series showed a lot, M’s battled toe to toe with the best team in the American League … Our young guys got a lesson taught and it’s a good lesson that should benefit them going forward … Only way to grow is to battle in those situations, you can’t coach that you just have to experience it … This was a good lesson

Yah, but now the young guys are like, "Okay, we learned a lesson... now management, what the fuck are you going to do about it?" You going to build the team up and get us past the Stros next season or sit around and do fuck all? If Seattle fails to appear next season, all those guys are gonna be like, "Ya know what, FUCK YOU.."

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 inning chess game is over..im heading to chess .com.
Still a few weeks
before the offseason begains..
And we start looking at draft guys..

To all...be good..and good luck..
And a fair wind and ..following seas

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, but now the young guys are like, "Okay, we learned a lesson... now management, what the fuck are you going to do about it?" You going to build the team up and get us past the Stros next season or sit around and do fuck all? If Seattle fails to appear next season, all those guys are gonna be like, "Ya know what, FUCK YOU.."

In Dipoto we have to trust, we’ll see what’s up his sleeve, he likes to make moves … I love this teams core though, future is bright if they don’t F@$$ it up …

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lenny kravits...
It ain't over..
Till
It's
Over
..and it ain't over know...its just intermition..telll the next movie..
Starts..

Chow chow...for know

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Dipoto we have to trust, we’ll see what’s up his sleeve, he likes to make moves … I love this teams core though, future is bright if they don’t F@$$ it up …
Is Dipoto still making the roster picks after his role change?