• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS - M's at Houston

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not really even sure what to say a couple of days later.

Am I proud of what this team was able to accomplish this year? Yes I am
Am I convinced we can play with the Astros consistently? Yes I am

Am I still massively disappointed? You bet

As much as I feel like this team is headed for great things in the future and they should be a factor for awhile, nothing is guaranteed. Between injuries, regression, random luck with other teams going on runs, etc. you just cant assume anything. The reality is in a postseason where the Mets, Dodgers and Braves were taken out and the Yankees look anything but formidable and may lose tonight, the path to a championship may never have less resistance then it does now. And you had opportunities to win all these games and just couldn't get it done. I am convinced if they finish off Game 1, there is a good chance they win this series in 4 games.

Again Ill say great season, I love what they were able to do. We have some young guys that really developed and balled out. Kirby looks like an ace in the making. However its tough to not see this as an opportunity lost as well.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulling one of your best hitters in Suarez and knowing you are probably going into extra's didn't help.
meh i was fine with it. given that bases hits were at a premium, you get the leadoff guy on in the 9th, you take that chance with a faster runner.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really like the move myself and would have left him in but I don't fault the coach for pulling him. (Suarez)

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middle of the order bat should be a no brainer. I think Correa is the add given that need coupled with a middle INF hole.
I'd stay the biggest difference between them and us is that one bat that lengthens the lineup and bit.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good. 2023 is just around the corner.
Yep. This coming season will mark the first time in at least 15 years where I'll be genuinely enthusiastic and optimistic leading up to and going into spring training. I'll actually be following what's going on with acquisitions and trades from now through march which I haven't bothered with in years.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middle of the order bat should be a no brainer. I think Correa is the add given that need coupled with a middle INF hole.
I'd stay the biggest difference between them and us is that one bat that lengthens the lineup and bit.
I would say the biggest difference between them and us is our star rookie was our best hitter and their equally star rookie was their 5th best hitter. I wish it was just one bat away. Arms are there but 2 stud relievers would put us over the top on that end.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized we have a 23 inning scoreless drought in the playoffs. We also only scored in 1 of the last 27 innings and only 2 runs in the last 27. That is rough.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So about that embarrassing tattoo he had that kept his teammates from ripping off his shirt during the buzzer years...

altuve.jpeg