• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith Agrees to Plea Deal

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So now that I've demolished the actual arguments people have made here, you can commence with making the argument about me personally, which is the default setting of liberals who have lost a debate.

And then:

You approach everything with your narrow, simplistic worldview and everything is driven by pure animus to what your perceive as your enemies on the other side. There's no logic or even a nod to intelligent thought, just a recitation of shitty chain emails you get from other neckbeards with the same political/worldview.

:clap: You people are like caricatures you're so easy to predict.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then:

:clap: You people are like caricatures you're so easy to predict.

You're proving my point. You don't want to address anything substantive. This is the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and saying "Lala, I'm right, my chain email told me so!" And that's fine, but don't declare yourself the "winner" in a "debate" that you couldn't even approach with anything remotely approximating a rational mind or a willingness to treat complex issues with any degree of sophistication.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Sick can be such a smart guy and yet be so wrong about so many things.... :think:

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing Sick- you are a grammar Nazi. You like to put U's in words where they don't belong (which is kind of un-American btw but we'll let it slide). These things prove that you are a bro who appreciates the power of words and thinks that the proper use/misuse of them can say a lot about someone's intelligence.

Now, go read the comments section of an article discussing gun control issues/watch an interview with someone at an NRA rally/listen to a Fox News Anchor and come back and tell me with a straight face that the VAST majority of those shit cons aren't functionally retarded. See? You can't. No doubt shit libs can be just as obnoxious as shit cons, if not more so, but shit cons definitely have a monopoly on the stupidity department.

I get that the "you people" thing is a big part of your ever-evolving schtick but as a decently bright guy who apparently cares a lot about language and erudition, you can't knock people for saying that most shit cons are mouth-breathers. True Conservatives who are interested in things like fiscal responsibility, small government, etc. are one thing but shit cons who are motivated purely by animus and don't actually have a thought-out philosophy informing what they do or spout is a whole 'nother animal.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Correction: illegal immigration. And yes, that heavily contributes to all kinds of things having to do with gun violence like the drug trade, gangs & the sheer number of illegal immigrants who are incarcerated in CA, AZ, TX & NM.

But public education doesn't contribute to gun violence. I never said that. I just pointed out that their claim to not be able to afford armed security at schools is bull shit.

So now that I've demolished the actual arguments people have made here, you can commence with making the argument about me personally, which is the default setting of liberals who have lost a debate.

IMO you haven't demolished anything. to me it just feels like you want to debate - and you've used 'good debate' quite a bit in this thread. you want to win the debate so badly, you ignore all the things written and mis-apply stats to remain right.....in your own mind.

a good debate hits back at things presented, not stick to your own thoughts and call everything else wrong.
you have not addressed the "non criminal" reasons why there shouldn't be more guns. instead, you use 'criminal' stats and try to apply it everywhere. you assume a person with a gun will deter the other, but there are incidents almost every week proving otherwise.

a person who wants to shoot other people WILL, whether or not others carry a gun too. I'm purposed reducing my post here, but couldn't help it when I see you pumping your chest....as though you won a prize?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
a good debate hits back at things presented, not stick to your own thoughts and call everything else wrong.

I "hit back" at everything you presented with a ton of data to back up my position. You mostly showed me news stories about people getting shot. Clearly neither one of us wants that to happen. I just happen to think the solution you're prescribing would make the problem even worse.

Bison645

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I have wondered about Aldon's shopping trip in Arizona, who went with him. Its been mentioned that he bought these rifles, at a gun show, in Arizona, during a road trip. It seems odd that a young player would be left to wander around a city, on a road trip by himself. I imagine that Aldon would attend said show with a buddy, or veteran mentor, or any combination of colleagues, while on this road trip. I can't imagine, someone speaking up, and telling him that its not a good idea to purchase these rifles while living in the Bay Area. Aldon either took a very big informed risk, was too ignorant to weigh the consequences, or received some very bad advice from someone he trusts.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One thing I have wondered about Aldon's shopping trip in Arizona, who went with him. Its been mentioned that he bought these rifles, at a gun show, in Arizona, during a road trip. It seems odd that a young player would be left to wander around a city, on a road trip by himself. I imagine that Aldon would attend said show with a buddy, or veteran mentor, or any combination of colleagues, while on this road trip. I can't imagine, someone speaking up, and telling him that its not a good idea to purchase these rifles while living in the Bay Area. Aldon either took a very big informed risk, was too ignorant to weigh the consequences, or received some very bad advice from someone he trusts.

I mean, what is he? Five? I can't remember any road trips that I took in my early 20s with a supervisory figure - short of trips with students when I was teaching, and then I was typically the supervisory figure. Why would someone be babysitting him during the offseason?

Bison645

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably misread the known information. I assumed that Aldon purchased these weapons while on a road trip during the regular season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably misread the known information. I assumed that Aldon purchased these weapons while on a road trip during the regular season.

Regardless, he is an adult. As an adult, I doubt he wants a babysitter following him around. He needs to learn to take responsibility for his own actions.