• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith Agrees to Plea Deal

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only takes 1 gun for a public shooting. And it's easier to stop the flow of 'em into Hawaii; you don't share a border with Mexico.

This is 6-year-old-kid logic that I've completely disproven with actual crime data. Again, when conceal-carry laws were reinstated in Chicago, it took 7 months for the murder rate to go from record high's to the lowest it's been since 1958. 7 months!

They (people with conceal-carry permits) will do exactly what they've always done: be the most law-abiding people on planet earth. They commit almost no crimes whatsoever.

Lol@at the vast majority of criminals who pack heat being extremely sensitive to (let alone aware of) legislation and lol@ those same criminals being insta-afraid of a tiny percentage of rando citizens also packing heat.

You're smarter than this Sick. Come on broseph.

Where are your statistics backing up the notion that people with conceal-carry permits are the most law-abiding people on planet earth? I missed that post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is a school problem not a funding problem. Their priorities are completely fucked; they're FAR more concerned with their own benefits than actually teaching kids how to read & write. Kids get what's left over after they get their grubby hands all over the money. If they went private sector, they could hire armed security guards for like $15 an hour (no pensions). But they refuse to do that because they're assholes who only care about getting a piece back in their union coffers.

If you have a choice between an armed guard where there's a shooting and no armed guard, you always want the guard. If he's the first to die, people will at least hear the shot & possibly be able to get on lock down in order to slow or stop his would-be killing spree. Plus, even if the guard gets shot he could shoot back. People don't necessarily die instantly from gun shots.

This I agree with. Do not arm public-school employees. They're some of the most incompetent, stupid people I've ever met. And they're a bunch of pussies, so they'd be gripped with fear anyway (generally speaking).

Do you honestly believe that most public school employees are "assholes who only care about getting a piece back in their union coffers"?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Do you honestly believe that most public school employees are "assholes who only care about getting a piece back in their union coffers"?

No, but their bosses & policy makers are.

...And yes, a lot of them fall into that category. I've gone through the interviews to get into the teaching credential program. The interview questions were 100% politics. Blatantly. They didn't ask a single question about my ability to teach.

Public schools used to exist to teach children things they need to survive. Those days have long since been over. It's 100% politics now (or close to it). It's an archaic, obsolete institution (see still getting summers off if you want proof of that; farm-working children notwithstanding). Everything they teach can be learned on the internet now.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Lol@at the vast majority of criminals who pack heat being extremely sensitive to (let alone aware of) legislation and lol@ those same criminals being insta-afraid of a tiny percentage of rando citizens also packing heat.

Right. All of these GIANT swings in crime data right after gun legislation is enacted or repealed are complete coincidences. Record highs to 56-year lows in 7 months is purely coincidental. But I'm not trying to convince you in particular because you're a died-in-the-wool liberal (and lied about being as much), and that means you're not the least bit concerned about the results of your legislation. You just want it because it fits into the liberal, utopian world view, and you'll support it no matter what its effect is.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, but their bosses & policy makers are.

...And yes, a lot of them fall into that category. I've gone through the interviews to get into the teaching credential program. The interview questions were 100% politics. Blatantly. They didn't ask a single question about my ability to teach.

Public schools used to exist to teach children things they need to survive. Those days have long since been over. It's 100% politics now (or close to it). It's an archaic, obsolete institution (see still getting summers off if you want proof of that; farm-working children notwithstanding). Everything they teach can be learned on the internet now.

Gotta be honest, Sick, hearing you talk about the public school system sounds like sour grapes. It's possible that's not the case, and I don't disagree that we need to see some fairly significant reform (might have been helped along by today's ruling that the tenure system is illegal), but most folks in public ed aren't the villains you make them out to be. And at least the teachers tend to be overworked and underpaid.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Gotta be honest, Sick, hearing you talk about the public school system sounds like sour grapes.

Not at all. I made it into the program.

most folks in public ed aren't the villains you make them out to be. And at least the teachers tend to be overworked and underpaid.

It's not the teachers; it's public school as a whole. It's how much money they spend on bull shit. It's the fact that they have WAY too few school days (and Summers off to pick crops). And they're not overworked nor underpaid. That's a myth. It's an outright lie. When the median alary + pension benefit is over 100K for 160 days of work (which is essentially part time), you're doing just fine.

Public school should be done away with, and they should rather give public vouchers for a private school of the parent's choice (which would cut the cost by about 70% and improve the quality of education in one swoop).

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not at all. I made it into the program.

It's not the teachers; it's public school as a whole. It's how much money they spend on bull shit. It's the fact that they have WAY too few school days (and Summers off to pick crops). And they're not overworked nor underpaid. That's a myth. It's an outright lie. When the median alary + pension benefit is over 100K for 160 days of work (which is essentially part time), you're doing just fine.

Public school should be done away with, and they should rather give public vouchers for a private school of the parent's choice (which would cut the cost by about 70% and improve the quality of education in one swoop).

It's the 160 days number that I take exception to. Every legitimate teacher I know - and I was one for several years, though never in the public system - puts in a minimum of 60 hours a week during the school year, works weekends, and usually spends a lot of vacation breaks grading papers, etc. Obviously there are bad teachers who do the bare minimum, and teachers in some subjects have a heavier grading load than others, but I figured I peaked at about $12 per hour when I was teaching. I made substantially more working low-skill construction jobs before I graduated from college than I did working as a teacher after I graduated.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was planning on responding to the ad hom (seriously, just because someone thinks your retarded argument that is based on a retard conservative chain email you read is retarded doesn't mean that they are liberal on even one issue, let alone every issue), but now that I see Sick is accusing public school teachers of being 100K a year teat sucklers I realize Sick was schtickily trolling all along.

Well played bro, I think you went overboard with your most recent posts but you had to tip your hand at some point I guess. Nice job, you had me going there for like a whole week.

Sick has got to be some hi-larious bleeding heart drama teacher, yes? I mean, there's just no way someone with half a brain would believe half of this retarded shitcon retardation.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's the 160 days number that I take exception to. Every legitimate teacher I know - and I was one for several years, though never in the public system - puts in a minimum of 60 hours a week during the school year, works weekends, and usually spends a lot of vacation breaks grading papers, etc. Obviously there are bad teachers who do the bare minimum, and teachers in some subjects have a heavier grading load than others, but I figured I peaked at about $12 per hour when I was teaching. I made substantially more working low-skill construction jobs before I graduated from college than I did working as a teacher after I graduated.

I have the utmost respect for teachers who go above & beyond, but the fact remains that they have easy, low-pressure jobs with extremely high salary + pension value for the amount of time they actually have to be at school. Grading papers at home at one's leisure is not the same thing as working 20 hours of overtime a week at a job. And 60 hours is a huge exaggeration; if they spend 20 extra hours in front of a TV or laptop & phone at home with papers in front of you is extra, necessary work; but it's work for which people are lined up out the door trying to get because people would rather do that than lay tile for a living.

I'm not saying good teachers don't work hard (for 3/4 of the year); I'm saying they get a TON of time off, and they still get paid extremely well.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
but now that I see Sick is accusing public school teachers of being 100K a year teat sucklers I realize Sick was schtickily trolling all along.

I posted the figures, the formula, the interest rate I was using and all of my sources in another thread. Once again, you're being a jackass because you don't like actual facts & figures. It came out to $106K or so as the median salary + pension benefit w/ the average pensioner dying at the age of 86 and a half.

I post facts & figurers and the best you can do is call it "schtick." Extremely weak even for you.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted the figures, the formula, the interest rate I was using and all of my sources in another thread. Once again, you're being a jackass because you don't like actual facts & figures. It came out to $106K or so as the median salary + pension benefit w/ the average pensioner dying at the age of 86 and a half.

I post facts & figurers and the best you can do is call it "schtick." Extremely weak even for you.

Even if teachers were getting 106K that would still be too low to deal with yours, mine, and everyone else's little shits. Teaching is a hard job braski, especially to do well.

How's about a link to the other thread? I'm fascinated as to how the median salary for a public school teacher is 106K when you factor in benefits. Not saying you're wrong and I will keep an open mind.

But considering your "gun crimes go up when good guys lose guns" herpidy derpidy, your "see, look at England and Australia!" hurr durr, and your apparently baseless "conceal-carry bros are the people least likely to commit crimes on planet earth" claim, I'm not going to hold my breath. But I'll keep an open mind.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will never get rid of all guns, but remove half and there are half the shootings.

Why do you think this would happen?

I own 3 guns and if you removed all of them, you wouldn't reduce any shootings.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think this would happen?

I own 3 guns and if you removed all of them, you wouldn't reduce any shootings.

Have to agree with this. The problem is not the number of guns...the problem is some of the people who are allowed to have guns or are able to find different ways to get the guns. Every member of my family has at least 4 guns in their house right now. Unless something crazy has happened not a single one of us have shot another human being. Take half our guns away and it would still be the same result in nobody being shot. That doesn't stop the crazy guy down the street though from using his one gun to go on a killing streak if he wants to.

I would say increasing the background check on guns would be a good start in limiting who can get guns but still again everybody has access to a gun one way or another. It is the same way with drugs and such in just because they are illegal doesn't mean people can't get ahold of them. If people are desperate enough they find a way.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
But considering your "gun crimes go up when good guys lose guns" herpidy derpidy, your "see, look at England and Australia!" hurr durr,

I just got done showing how England & Australia's 1997 gun bans caused crime to skyrocket within 1 year. You've lost this argument. Saying "herpidy" over and over again isn't going to change that.

and your apparently baseless "conceal-carry bros are the people least likely to commit crimes on planet earth" claim, I'm not going to hold my breath. But I'll keep an open mind.

Baseless? :rolleyes2: You have some of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen here. I posted these national statistics an offseason or 2 ago, but I'll post Florida's because it's the first thing I found:

“Since 1987, the state of Florida has issued 2.5 million concealed-carry permits,” Raso says in his latest opinion piece for the NRA News network. “Of those, only 168 people have committed firearms crimes. That’s .00672 percent of the total amount issued.”

?.00672 Percent?: Why Concealed Carry Permit Holders Will Want to Hear About Such a Small Number From a Former Navy SEAL | TheBlaze.com

And one old source for national statistics because I don't want to go back to the old thread w/ more recent stats:

"Crime rates involving gun owners with carry permits have consistently been about 0.02% of all carry permit holders since Florida’s right-to-carry law started in 1988."

Gun Facts | Gun Control Facts Concerning Concealed Carry

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick- just so we are clear, you're saying a rise in gun crimes (BTW a woman who worked at one of the organizations whose statistics you cited said that was bunk) in Australia and England was caused by gun bans? That's it, that was the only cause? A straight line can be drawn between the cause (ban) and effect (more crime)? For something as complicated as gun crimes? That's the story you're going to stick with?

As for the conceal-carry thing- I asked you to back your statement up and you didn't so I assumed it was baseless. Thanks for taking a stab at backing it up. Now, 2 things:

1. "Crime rates involving gun owners with carry permits have consistently been about 0.02% of all carry permit holders since Florida’s right-to-carry law started in 1988."- I really and truly don't know what this sentence is trying to say. It doesn't make logical sense to me. Can you interpret it for me?

2. Can you post something from reputable websites? One (the Blaze) caused my phone to crash when I tried to open the link. I'm also concerned that both are just shitty shitcon gunnut hurr durr propaganda just based on their names. Got anything that at least tries to hide its bias? Or am I misinterpreting what those sites are? What are they exactly? If they are legit I will happily wade through them.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's about a link to the other thread? I'm fascinated as to how the median salary for a public school teacher is 106K when you factor in benefits. Not saying you're wrong and I will keep an open mind.

Bump

Still legit interested in where you got your facts and "figurers" from

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with this. The problem is not the number of guns...the problem is some of the people who are allowed to have guns or are able to find different ways to get the guns. Every member of my family has at least 4 guns in their house right now. Unless something crazy has happened not a single one of us have shot another human being. Take half our guns away and it would still be the same result in nobody being shot. That doesn't stop the crazy guy down the street though from using his one gun to go on a killing streak if he wants to.

I would say increasing the background check on guns would be a good start in limiting who can get guns but still again everybody has access to a gun one way or another. It is the same way with drugs and such in just because they are illegal doesn't mean people can't get ahold of them. If people are desperate enough they find a way.

Basically I agree. The only thing the number of guns really shows is how retarded the "home defense" and "hunting" arguments are. People don't need small armories for those purposes, nor do they need semi-automatic weapons for them. They hide behind their own (or in some really sad cases, someone else's) inability to read and couch it in some sort of right that doesn't actually exist or some sort of reason/excuse that doesn't hold up under scrutiny. Just call a spade a spade. Many people think guns are fun to play with or make them feel powerful. And that's fine. Just admit it and move on. Don't insult everyone's intelligence with your hurr durrery.

(Not talking to you specifically, just the gunnuts like the NRA mouth-breathers)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bump

Still legit interested in where you got your facts and "figurers" from

I posted all of this stuff last year. I'm sure anyone who's been here a few years remembers. It was like a school project all the work I put into it. I'm not going to do it again for you. Why? You're not worth having an honest debate with. You don't care about the truth. You already lied about your political beliefs. It's a waste of time to address your questions. Essentially what I did was this:

1. Found the average CALSTRS death age (86.5)
2. Found the median salary for teachers in CA
3. Found the average annual CALSTRS payment in CA
4. Found the average retirement age in CA for teachers & thus calculated the average length of retirement
5. Found the equivalent value of investments made during the average length of a teacher's career making
an return of the 10-year bond percentage on the investments so that it equaled the amount paid over the course of the length of the retirement ending at age 86.5.

It equaled about 106K or $103K or so per year (somewhere around there). You can do your own research project if you want to check the numbers.

P.s. My calculations didn't even include all the other benefits teachers get like far-better-than-private-sector medical coverage, loan forgiveness, being able to double-dip and take a pension while working another job, and so on.