• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALCS: Toronto Blue Jays vs. Cleveland Indians

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shakes his head or does that dumb stare every time he gets called looking. Literally every time. As if it is impossible for him to misjudge pitches in his head and everybody else is wrong. It's infuriating.
I'm with you on that. He is extremely annoying and honestly, he just isn't nearly as good a player as he thinks he is. And every time he runs his mouth, he looks like a fool.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jays are a scary team. Honestly, I think their pitching is a bigger strength of theirs than their hitting is. Tribe pitchers have been doing a fantastic job holding down the Jays' bats, but on the flip side, the Indians have only scored two runs in four games - that doesn't provide the staff with much margin for error.

Bauer struggled in September, and now he's opened up his pinky. I know the story is it won't hinder him at all, but I'd like to see it.

On the other side, Stroman is WAY deeper in terms of IP than he's ever been, but he was solid in September and had a good game against Texas.

I have a feeling Kluber is going to start Game 4.

Don't get me wrong, we're in as good of shape as we could be in this series, I just want to win the ALCS before I start talking about what the Tribe's going to do in the World Series. There could still be five games to play.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jays are a scary team. Honestly, I think their pitching is a bigger strength of theirs than their hitting is. Tribe pitchers have been doing a fantastic job holding down the Jays' bats, but on the flip side, the Indians have only scored two runs in four games - that doesn't provide the staff with much margin for error.

Bauer struggled in September, and now he's opened up his pinky. I know the story is it won't hinder him at all, but I'd like to see it.

On the other side, Stroman is WAY deeper in terms of IP than he's ever been, but he was solid in September and had a good game against Texas.

Don't get me wrong, we're in as good of shape as we could be in this series, I just want to win the ALCS before I start talking about what the Tribe's going to do in the World Series. There could still be five games to play.
Saturday was a different game but the Jays got to Kluber a few times; they GIDP three times to end the inning, twice by Martin alone.

My nightmare right now is the Jays bats wake up tonight but Stroman buckles. Would be the most Blue Jays thing ever to waste two masterful pitching performances only to wake up when the pitching turns to crap.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest beef with the Jays is Gibbons. He is loyal to a fault to some of these guys and refuses to actually manage. His presser yesterday was just annoying. "We're a slugging team and they will come around" were his words. Ffs, JD and Tulo are willing to go the other way and are hitting well but he refuses to move Martin and Bautista out of the middle of the order when they are obviously pulling off everything and striking out too much. Hell, Saunders is hitting better then those guys, too. They have been doing this all year and even with the sweep of the Rangers, you could see it the last 2 games of that series. It's frustrating as fuck because although Cleveland has pitched well, there have been a few mistakes that could have been hit with a slightly shorter swing, likely for doubles at least.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true...but we do have a Randy Johnson clone coming out of the bullpen. Corey Kluber is a helluva ace to have too. Top 10 starting pitcher in the big leagues.

You could put Kluber at top 5, he has some nasty stuff and has pitched like a top 5 pitcher for the last 2 years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose Bautista says there are 'circumstances' working against Blue Jays in ALCS

In a perfect world the strike zone would be the same for every umpire. It's not though. That's just a fact of life. Bautista feels "circumstances" are working against the Blue Jays? Fine. But don't pout about it. Make the adjustment. The Indians and their pitchers sure have.

Man, I hate when players do this. If something like this fucks with your head, you are not mentally strong. Get over it and play the game. You can either pout about it or play some damn baseball. Game 2 wasn't bad, the ump was pretty consistent. Game 1 was awful but it was awful for both teams, the only reason he is complaining about it is bc they lost. Get over it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
odor-punch-gif.gif

He fights like a little girl. Those roids aren't helping him much

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DEFINITELY- we have been down this road before and lost a 2 game lead to Boston in 2007. That Tribe team had Wedge at the helm though who had the team on freaking pins and needles- also it didnt help that sabathia and carmona- 1 and 3 in the cy young voting that year- sucked- and that joel skinner didnt send kenny around third.

I have confidence that if it was meant to be and the Indians are good enough to win- they will do it with Francona at the helm. I dont see them losing becuase they made mistakes or mismanaged the game etc....if they lose to the Jays its because the Jays started hitting the shit out of the ball like they are capable of- and the SP just comes back to haunt the Tribe.

Should be a helluva rest of the series.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You weren't an Indians fan in 2007, huh?

Also, I'm not sure having Salazar back is such a great thing. He hasn't been exactly dependable since June.

Yeah, this is true. They can have a 3 man rotation. I think if they were to play the Cubs they need a fourth but who knows how good he will be. I would rather experiment him out of the bullpen (hopefully if the Indians can get a big lead lol) and see how that goes. If he is ready they could use him as a fourth, but I don't think they need to.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good game tonight... I think the Bluejays win tonight.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never really minded Bautista, but man that is just fucking stupid.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fights like a little girl. Those roids aren't helping him much

The day after that fight, they had a boxing analyst on ESPN talking about the punch. He said it was a very good punch and that he suspected that Odor had had some boxing training at some point in his life. He said the way he moved put the most power possible behind the punch and it landed square on Bautista's jaw.

He finished by saying that even though it was a fantastic punch, he was most impressed with the fact that Bautista stayed on his feet after it.

I don't like Bautista, but I'll give him credit for eating that punch.

Fuck him, though.