• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: ALCS Game Four, Red Sox At Tigers, October 16, 2013

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope your wrong on Lackey in Game 7, but even more that we won't need a Game 7.

Lester and Buchholz and another chance for Peavy if there is a seventh game. Peavy will usually e better thanhe was last night, IMO.

Ya well he can't be much worse can he? What kills me is that he K'd Migggy in the first inning pretty easily but had trouble tossing strikes to clowns like Avila

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about top 20 hitter in the game ? There's a lot of room between a double A hitter and the top 20 hitters, no ? He was top 25 in both slugging and OPS in the AL this season, hit 24 doubles and 10 bombs in 450 ABs including 1 against your guys and he isn't all that fast so I don't know about beating out grounders. Maybe you're thinking of someone else.. He hasn't shown up in the post season yet.

Infante is a guy who benefits big time from always having a good line up around him so he sees meaty fastballs. Put him on a mediocre line up like SD or NYM and see how many years he hits .300. Not thinking of anybody else. Didn't Polanco have good numbers in Det and Philly hitting in those line- ups? This year with acrappy Marlins team he managed to just hit .260

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Infante is a guy who benefits big time from always having a good line up around him so he sees meaty fastballs. Put him on a mediocre line up like SD or NYM and see how many years he hits .300. Not thinking of anybody else. Didn't Polanco have good numbers in Det and Philly hitting in those line- ups? This year with acrappy Marlins team he managed to just hit .260

Uhhhh -- you do realize that Placido Polanco is 38 years old now. OF COURSE his numbers are going down. Unless you have the genetics of someone like Torii Hunter, your number are going to go down in the twi-light of your career.

Polanco still has hit .297 over a 16 year MLB career.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Lester or Buccholz over Scherzer, even though Scherzer is good.

I'm glad we won't have to start Lackey again because his bad games can be REALLY bad.

If it was a couple years ago -- I'd agree with you. Outside of Red Sox fans though -- you won't find anyone to agree with you.

Once Scherzer figured out how to replicate his delivery -- He has been arguably the best pitcher in all of baseball, not named Kershaw, the last year and a half:

His last 47 starts -- He is 30-5 with a 2.74 ERA and 350 K's in 301 IP.

I think people overlook the Tigers rotation and just think of Verlander, when in reality, he was our 3rd best pitcher this year. I am glad people are getting to see them pitch on National TV though, to get the respect they deserve

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhh -- you do realize that Placido Polanco is 38 years old now. OF COURSE his numbers are going down. Unless you have the genetics of someone like Torii Hunter, your number are going to go down in the twi-light of your career.

Polanco still has hit .297 over a 16 year MLB career.

Ortiz seems to be doing ok putting up good numbers at the same age as Polanco in the "twi-light" of his career. John olerud never had a problem hitting .300 towards the end of his career. What about the numbers Edgar and Tino Martinez put up towards the end of their careers?

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was a couple years ago -- I'd agree with you. Outside of Red Sox fans though -- you won't find anyone to agree with you.

Once Scherzer figured out how to replicate his delivery -- He has been arguably the best pitcher in all of baseball, not named Kershaw, the last year and a half:

His last 47 starts -- He is 30-5 with a 2.74 ERA and 350 K's in 301 IP.

I think people overlook the Tigers rotation and just think of Verlander, when in reality, he was our 3rd best pitcher this year. I am glad people are getting to see them pitch on National TV though, to get the respect they deserve
Not that interested in who agrees with me and who doesn't.

I say what I think without worrying about being in the majority or the minority.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ortiz seems to be doing ok putting up good numbers at the same age as Polanco in the "twi-light" of his career. John olerud never had a problem hitting .300 towards the end of his career. What about the numbers Edgar and Tino Martinez put up towards the end of their careers?

I'm sure you can name quite a few guys who did well later in their career, but the fact is, the overwhelming majority see their numbers decrease at they reach their late 30's. Most by their mid-30's.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that interested in who agrees with me and who doesn't.

I say what I think without worrying about being in the majority or the minority.

Fair enough -- I can respect that. It is your opinion. I was just giving you some facts.

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you can name quite a few guys who did well later in their career, but the fact is, the overwhelming majority see their numbers decrease at they reach their late 30's. Most by their mid-30's.

All those players had better overall careers than Polanco