• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to be able to pay him? I thought there was potential of Cleveland getting new ownership that would actually spend some money.
Kwan is paid through 2027 but I would think they extend him, I hope.
Naylor is the guy who is up after 2025. That is a good timeline for the young guys. That is my guess who is gone. Dolan is fucking cheap and Manzardo fits right in if he is the guy.
Then they have DeLauter and the rookie for more depth in 25 or 26.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buxton has done nothing thus far--- i actually drafted him late in a league thinking he would be healthy and could get some power and steals- but he has been abysmal.

I am surprised that Julien has struggled as much as he has--- I thought even if everything else failed he would get on base.

Correa and Kirilof have been okay- just not hitting for too much power or run production--- but if no one is on base that is tough. Jeffers looks like he was a nice find----is he good enough defensively to be more of an everyday guy?

3rd base has been terrible for the Twins---- I know they have some hitting prospects that are highly rated-- but that is a position they need to improve desperately--- I would think Farmer/Castro/Miranda would be better than they have been- but that is a rough position rightn ow

Santana is a classic slow starter--- but hes not an answer-- I think he will be decent--- but just no an answer.

Buxton is one of the streakiest hitters in the game. His defense is what is keeping him in the lineup. So at least we have that back

Lewis and Correa both getting injured has killed us. Julien has talent, but he needs to protect the plate better. He has a great eye, but he trusts that he's going to get the benefit of the doubt on borderline pitches.

I trust Kirilloff to be the Twins' most consistent hitter if he stays healthy.

Jeffers has busted his ass to be a better defensive player. He'll never be a Molina, but he has made significant improvements IMO. He has the power and professionalism that makes me wonder why we wasted money on Christian Vasquez.

Farmer is a journeyman that really shouldn't be anything but a backup/utility guy. Castro fits that bill as well, except he can actually steal some bases. Miranda has AAAA player written all over him. He will get on a hot streak or two, but he can't be counted on to build around.

I'm concerned Santana is just done at this point. Dude absolutely killed us for years. Glen Perkins admitted that he could never get him out. But this start has me very concerned that we bought cheap based on reputation.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to make Chris Paddack look that good. The White Sox offense is beyondbad.
Crazy to think there was a time when he looked like an upcoming star. That fizzled very quickly

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manzardo is raking at triple A. 2-3 more weeks and he will be up. Wonder if they will have the balls to drop Laureano and his 5M salary after just a month. I think Florial, Freeman and Brennan have done enough to justify staying on the team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manzardo is raking at triple A. 2-3 more weeks and he will be up. Wonder if they will have the balls to drop Laureano and his 5M salary after just a month. I think Florial, Freeman and Brennan have done enough to justify staying on the team.
Yeah if it wasn't for the money it would be an easy cut or demotion. The thing is they lose an OF (who isn't very productive) but they gain a 1B. That is the thing about Manzardo, he is basically Naylor. He can only play 1B or DH so you pretty much have to either platoon him or make him the permanent DH/1B with Naylor. He doesn't give them much flexibility. At some point he will be called up and I am sure they have figured it out. Maybe he can play other positions? All I see is 1B throughout his career

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians just continue to have the best record in the American League.
tough series coming up against the Braves

Allen v. Sale
Bibee v. Morton
Lively v. Elder

be a good test for the Guards. Right now their hitting stats are like the best in the AL....obviously I dont think any of us expect that to be season long- but no reason they cant be one of the better hitting teams.

Bieber being out is a killer- and Williams now looks like he is going to be out longer than anticipated.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent focused much on baseball yet with other sports going and Twins helping me to not focus

Winning against shitty teams now. Need to get healthy soon for any chance. Royce wont be back anytime soon though.

The good: Julien is awesome and D is no longer a liability, just let him bat vs lefties. Jeffers. Kirilloff(a little). Ryan and Ober(been elite since his first start pitching tipping debacle), the pen with reinforcments coming.

The baaaaad. Every old ass vet. Farmer shoulda been DFA'd weeks ago. Varland nightmare. Injuries. Lopez hasnt been bad but not an ace. No stars. Fringe relievers and position players havent emerged.

The optimism is Buxton looks better. Castro heating way up. Kepler been great since coming back from IL. Lot of bullpen arms coming. Correa coming soon.

Starting pitching depth though is not improving anytime soon. Still far too much lineup dead weight until Royce also returns and Wallner figures his shit out.