• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aggies dont want play Texas

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the Co-Offensive coordinator in 2006 & 2007.

Oklahoma Sooners 2007 Coaching Staff

I'll take Bromar off the list if it makes you feel any better.

Yeah, you are right.

Kevin Wilson was just a figure head who mapped out plays on the electric football game. Sumlin was the true mastermind and Hepuel was just his water boy.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this proven history doesn't appear to be much of anything at all. Color me surprised.

He's had 2 Heisman caliber QBs dropped in his lap. I'll say this much though - he HAS improved JFF's pocket passing.

I'll still reserve judgement until he's recruited and coached his own handpicked QBs to success.

.......and he's taken over two programs where the cupboard was full of talent. Briles left the cupboard stocked at UofH and Sherman left the cupboard stocked even more. Call me when Sumlin can win with his own recruiting classes and own QB's......

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sad and pathetic that everything has to do with money nowadays. This whole conference realignment is bullshit. Does anyone disagree? It's all so the greedy higher ups can become even more insanely rich than they already are. They won't share any of it of course. They will take it to their grave. It's sickening and disgraceful. Sad really. How is it that our whole existence on planet Earth is revolved around a number? Depressing.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article doesn't say squat. Dumb.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks: Aggies say facing Longhorns in regular season no longer an option - Aggies

I always said it was bluster and neither side really wanted a game.
So, I go to the article based on the headline and the two aren't the same.

The headline says, "Aggies say facing Longhorns in regular season no longer an option - Aggies." So, you would expect the article to support that statement. Something like a high level AD employee saying, "we no longer feel it is our best interest to play UT in the regular season." Something rather definitive.

Instead, we get “We hope to play them again in a BCS or playoff game at some point,” A&M senior associate athletic director Jason Cook told me this afternoon.

There is no context for the statement. It could have been something like this:

Ass AD: "Hell, yes we want to play them. We will play them any time, anywhere."

Interviewer: "But, they aren't on your schedule right now, so it doesn't look like that will happen."

Ass AD: “We hope to play them again in a BCS or playoff game at some point.”

I really don't care if they play or not, and it may well be TAMU's position that they don't want to play UT. But, this article doesn't support the conclusion contained in the article. Yet, it will spawn three gajillion sports board posts and comments between UT and TAMU fans about how TAMU is scared, and that UT is the cause of all our problems in the mideast. Then the Nebraska fans will jump in to screw it all up.

:nod:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The headline says, "Aggies say facing Longhorns in regular season no longer an option - Aggies." So, you would expect the article to support that statement. Something like a high level AD employee saying, "we no longer feel it is our best interest to play UT in the regular season." Something rather definitive.

Instead, we get “We hope to play them again in a BCS or playoff game at some point,” A&M senior associate athletic director Jason Cook told me this afternoon.

Interviewer: "But, they aren't on your schedule right now, so it doesn't look like that will happen."

I really don't care if they play or not, and it may well be TAMU's position that they don't want to play UT. But, this article doesn't support the conclusion contained in the article. Yet, it will spawn three gajillion sports board posts and comments between UT and TAMU fans about how TAMU is scared, and that UT is the cause of all our problems in the mideast. Then the Nebraska fans will jump in to screw it all up.

Ha ha ha, so true!!!! :suds:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The comment was released in response to Chip Brown saying the new Texas administration might be willing to play A&M. I only pointed it out, because that statement is vastly different than the old "anytime anywhere" statements from the bow tie. The meme was Texas was "scared" and now it seems that neither really was interested in playing the game for whatever reasons, which was always my contention.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comment was released in response to Chip Brown saying the new Texas administration might be willing to play A&M. I only pointed it out, because that statement is vastly different than the old "anytime anywhere" statements from the bow tie. The meme was Texas was "scared" and now it seems that neither really was interested in playing the game for whatever reasons, which was always my contention.
I wasn't commenting on your comment. I was simply pointing out that the article in no way supports the contention that TAMU doesn't want to play UT in the regular season. That may be the case, but that article doesn't come close to supporting it. It's a badly reported article ... a single sentence quote, with no context, that says nothing about the regular season, made worse by an editor choosing an attention grabbing headline not supported by the article.

Look, for all I know, the Ass AD may have said in the interview that there isn't a chance in hell that TAMU plays UT in the regular season. However, we wouldn't know that based on the article.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same article at CBS:

“We hope to play them again in a BCS or playoff game at some point,” Texas A&M associate athletic director Jason Cook told the San Antonio Express-News on Wednesday.

Which makes it sound like a regular season game just isn't an option at this point, as former A&M president R. Bowen Loftin said it would be two years ago when A&M announced it would be leaving the Big 12 for the SEC.

Notice the "makes it sound like" language ... not, "that's what they said."

I know I am picking nits, and I am done. But, it just shows what poorly written articles can do when everyone then leaps to the same conclusion without any critical thinking or analysis.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime there is a change in the upper brass at either university reporters will bring up the rivalry and when asked they will go straight to the "As of now there are no plans to..." song and dance.

They will play again when the brass can make the most money off of it. It's been too soon. 8-10 more years of hype then they will begin to schedule some games.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that all these fans on here think UT or A&M have any damn say in when this game resumes. This is Texas folks, politicians never let a good PR grabbing moment go to waste. It will be legislated soon enough as mandatory. Said legislated mandatory game will be wildly supported by the masses inside Texas. Only the most hardcore fans on both sides are actually butt hurt enough about the split to want to keep it that way. Average fan doesn't care about fault for the split. They just want their game back.

P.S. Fuck aggy

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that all these fans on here think UT or A&M have any damn say in when this game resumes. This is Texas folks, politicians never let a good PR grabbing moment go to waste. It will be legislated soon enough as mandatory. Said legislated mandatory game will be wildly supported by the masses inside Texas. Only the most hardcore fans on both sides are actually butt hurt enough about the split to want to keep it that way. Average fan doesn't care about fault for the split. They just want their game back.
This probably makes the most sense of everything I've heard.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Legislature will not get involved and force the game to be played.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The president and AD who said anywhere, anytime have moved on. The new guys have a different plan. Kind of like Deloss Dodge said never and the new guy might be open to it.

I don't care too much about all the chatter. I'll believe it when I see it on the schedule.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are politicians writing bills as we speak for the Texas 84th legislative session which kicks off in 2014. By the 2015 season I predict this game resumes.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The above should read 2015 and 2016. There was actually a bill in 2013 too but it never made it out of committee. Mostly because it was written by an Aggie Democrat from south Texas. Who wrote in the bill that no scholarship money may be awarded by the school who violates the bill. You think a higher education committee will pass something like that out of committee???

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it happens, great. As an alum, I would love to see the game be played again. If it doesn't, oh well, it doesn't happen. Aggy left, plain and simple, plus, as I I have said before, I don't see Aggy looking to kill their new rivalry with Sam Houston State to play their big bro again......