• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Gase officially named HC

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats all there is to it - we have our head coach officially. Now time to put a staff together and get this in the right direction

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 5-year deal is what is being reported - the fins have yet to make an official announcement but its all over their social media anyway - I believe there will be a press conference either today or tomorrow at 3pm

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats all there is to it - we have our head coach officially. Now time to put a staff together and get this in the right direction
Hire Todd Bowles - a coach with no experience as head coach.
Fire Bowles and hire Joe Philbin - a coach with no experience as head coach.
Fire Philbin and hire Dan Campbell - a coach with no experience as head coach.
Fire Campbell and hire Adam Gase - a coach with no experience as head coach.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different
results."
Gase's first obstacle - DonkeyKong Suh's inflated contract!!!!!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
results."

Thats not his job - thats up to the front office.

secondly, whats the cheatriots first obstacle in the playoffs? Find a new way to cheat themselves towards success as they have done this entire time under this regime

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly, new HC Adam Gase (right) will have final say on the Miami Dolphins' 53-man roster. He arrives with a lot of power.

Per James Walker -

We will see how much of this actually plays out this way given the inexperience of Gase as an HC and the fact that we have a new GM

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this is official by the way but very likely

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are watching the Chiefs- Texans game - KC doing something the Dolphins should try and actually have the weapons for - at least at the skill positions - not necessarily the OL -- That is to run some spread concepts mixed into the base concept which for the Dolphins currently is the West Coast offense as is for KC. With Adam Gase while he is said to be a QB guru , I get the feeling that run first will still be the way he goes -- But more zone running scheme -- and probably more vertical as far as the passing game - not sure that is the best route to go with where Tannehill is as far as his development, but certainly making these hired when the Dolphins did will certainly help work those things out. With Gase expect to see lots of 3- WR formations - lots of 2 RBs formation and the return of the FB to the Fins offense. He is known to be very diverse schematically - So expect lots of different personnel usage - and formations.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta keep in mind - Gase did damage while being the OC for Peyton Manning and fixed Cutler - Tannehill is kinda stuck in the middle - With Gase supposedly getting final say in 53-man roster make up, will be interesting to see what roster moves he makes to get his desired make up for this team

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southieinnc,

I was thinking it would be best to get an experienced HC. That said, Th Fins hired an experienced OC to lead a team that needs to improve play calling for the offense. I think there are reasons that multiple teams were interested in Gase. He has learned under some good head coaches. On a different note: The Pats came to Miami needing a win to secure the top seed and came out with a loss to a less experienced head coach in Campbell. As a Fins fan that was fun to watch. The Pats could be playing a road game in Denver if the Pats win in the first round. It will be interesting.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hire Todd Bowles - a coach with no experience as head coach.
Fire Bowles and hire Joe Philbin - a coach with no experience as head coach.
Fire Philbin and hire Dan Campbell - a coach with no experience as head coach.
Fire Campbell and hire Adam Gase - a coach with no experience as head coach.

results."
I don't disagree with you they have missed with the last few inexperienced HC's I guess we will see. At least this guy has called his own plays and will continue to do so. They must give him a chance to succeed.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southieinnc,

I was thinking it would be best to get an experienced HC. That said, Th Fins hired an experienced OC to lead a team that needs to improve play calling for the offense. I think there are reasons that multiple teams were interested in Gase. He has learned under some good head coaches. On a different note: The Pats came to Miami needing a win to secure the top seed and came out with a loss to a less experienced head coach in Campbell. As a Fins fan that was fun to watch. The Pats could be playing a road game in Denver if the Pats win in the first round. It will be interesting.
Dolphins need to improve everywhere. Sometimes that is the easiest team to fix. Dolphins really are not "bad" anywhere. Their weakness's have been mainly coaching (and in my opinion, front office) Enjoyed throwing my post out there but really, I think Gase is a good choice. You gave Todd Bowles a chance and gave up on him. You committed to 5 years with Gase. If he struggles a bit and you fire him I'm going to start calling you the Cleveland Dolphins! Now that I have agreed with FFF, I'm going to go off myself.

Front office - Leadership by committee will never work. Get a good GM and tell Marino to STFU. Watching 3 talking heads in the box talking shop made me almost puke. Get a real leader.

I congratulated the Dolphins on the split with NE already. This is the way division rivalry's are supposed to be. I have spent the last year listening to idiots saying the AFCE is a playground for the Pats. Actually, historically our biggest struggles have been within the division (not Buffalo)

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This cheatriots troll just won't go away - its like cheatriots can't stop cheating.

In other news, Gase and the Fins have said they will meet with Campbell about staying on the staff - so there is that for those that still want him on the staff.

Case will initially call the plays - he has said that depending on how the staff hirings go, he will see whether he has an OC and how much control and what duties he gives him - he is willing to give up duties, he said.

As mentioned yesterday, Grier and the rest of the Fins front office crew will do player additions, etc but Gase will have final say on who makes it to the roster.

To me, this signals just how much absolute CRAP the whole inexperienced coach/experienced coach for an HC conversation is -- when making hires, in any profession, you are often going to run into some inexperienced candidates - in those cases you often have to hire based on POTENTIAL - and the Fins clearly see the potential Gase has which is why they didn't take long to hire him -and why he is being given so much say on things - not a common thing to do with " inexperienced" workers, but when you see the potential, you take the risk and let the chips fall where they may. Let the man work -- coaching is a process, for years this organization and this fan base has annoyed the process of some good coaching staffs because of a few bumps on the road and never let them stick around to see what could've been -- we can't make the same mistake.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't make the same mistake now

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After further reading - there is a chance we continue to see the WCO(west coast offense) under Gase - but given his diversity in different philosophies -- some Air Coryell, and Erhardt-Perkins concepts may all be mixed in - what this means is, essentially means Gase will try to make the offense diverse. So expect to continue to see WCO concepts which is best fit for Tannehill and more read option stuff to use his running ability as well - thats always a helpful element for him and our team as a whole

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so tired of this pass first BS we've been running. There better be an emphasis on O line and running game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys will be happy with him. Before this season he was the only of the 3 main coaches in Fox, Del Rio, and Gase that the Broncos really tried to keep. Heck they had even interviewed him for the HC position as they loved his work with Peyton and Brock. While he is young and will make some mistakes along the way I do think he will find success and that Tannehil will have his best year as a pro this next season.

Also like the Vance Walker hire for DC. He has been a hot name for quite a while to the point the Bengals blocked all interviews because they wanted to keep him. Very young inexperienced staff but I think in a couple of seasons you guys could really see some great results.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys will be happy with him. Before this season he was the only of the 3 main coaches in Fox, Del Rio, and Gase that the Broncos really tried to keep. Heck they had even interviewed him for the HC position as they loved his work with Peyton and Brock. While he is young and will make some mistakes along the way I do think he will find success and that Tannehil will have his best year as a pro this next season.

Also like the Vance Walker hire for DC. He has been a hot name for quite a while to the point the Bengals blocked all interviews because they wanted to keep him. Very young inexperienced staff but I think in a couple of seasons you guys could really see some great results.

Hope you are right, esp on the Tannehill outlook. I know he has not had the best around him in past years, time for him to step up, take charge and be a leader

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This cheatriots troll just won't go away - its like cheatriots can't stop cheating.

In other news, Gase and the Fins have said they will meet with Campbell about staying on the staff - so there is that for those that still want him on the staff.

Case will initially call the plays - he has said that depending on how the staff hirings go, he will see whether he has an OC and how much control and what duties he gives him - he is willing to give up duties, he said.

As mentioned yesterday, Grier and the rest of the Fins front office crew will do player additions, etc but Gase will have final say on who makes it to the roster.

To me, this signals just how much absolute CRAP the whole inexperienced coach/experienced coach for an HC conversation is -- when making hires, in any profession, you are often going to run into some inexperienced candidates - in those cases you often have to hire based on POTENTIAL - and the Fins clearly see the potential Gase has which is why they didn't take long to hire him -and why he is being given so much say on things - not a common thing to do with " inexperienced" workers, but when you see the potential, you take the risk and let the chips fall where they may. Let the man work -- coaching is a process, for years this organization and this fan base has annoyed the process of some good coaching staffs because of a few bumps on the road and never let them stick around to see what could've been -- we can't make the same mistake.
Obviously you did not understand my post.
I said, "I think Gase is a good choice." My point was that you have to give him a chance - isn't that what you wrote in your response??????