• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Wow Moment Last Night...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the CFB National Championship game I had a ton of thoughts.

After OU's initial drive, I thought... oh boy... this one ain't gonna be pretty.

Then I watched 2 WR's drop passes on 3rd down attempts for OU... passes that went right through the kids' hands. They're still just kids.

But, at game's end... I hated to see Meyer not take a knee. Nice touch... douche.

And, as the confetti fell... I thought... Wow... I don't know if I'll ever see WVU win one of these NC's in my lifetime. As the game is becoming more popular, revenue is increasing at an alarming rate. WVU has been behind in the arms race, and I don't think the program will ever catch up.

Schools and programs like tOSU will continue to get richer, they have the booster support and the fanbase to invest in their program without hesitation.

WVU will never be able to recruit like tOSU. And, WVU will never be able to attract a scumbag... douche... HC like Urban Meyer.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UH, OK

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so pessimistic. We have a base of players who can stand up to the big boys. All we need are a couple of studs that can change the game. We will need to get lucky, but as RR proved with Slaton and White, a couple of great under the radar players could boost us into having a chance.

You could see us playing with Bama this year and other top 10 teams. WE actually can be more competitive with our conference and overall we have better overall players and depth than we did in 2007. We just don't have that next set of great players who give us the chance.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the CFB National Championship game I had a ton of thoughts.

After OU's initial drive, I thought... oh boy... this one ain't gonna be pretty.

Then I watched 2 WR's drop passes on 3rd down attempts for OU... passes that went right through the kids' hands. They're still just kids.

But, at game's end... I hated to see Meyer not take a knee. Nice touch... douche.

And, as the confetti fell... I thought... Wow... I don't know if I'll ever see WVU win one of these NC's in my lifetime. As the game is becoming more popular, revenue is increasing at an alarming rate. WVU has been behind in the arms race, and I don't think the program will ever catch up.

Schools and programs like tOSU will continue to get richer, they have the booster support and the fanbase to invest in their program without hesitation.

WVU will never be able to recruit like tOSU. And, WVU will never be able to attract a scumbag... douche... HC like Urban Meyer.

I agree with this for the most part, especially about Urban Meyer. We may one day get lucky and get rolling. We only need one or two special years to start getting the 5 star recruits.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this for the most part, especially about Urban Meyer. We may one day get lucky and get rolling. We only need one or two special years to start getting the 5 star recruits.

Mike, all we have to do to get the five star kids is to twitter how great Holgorsen is, If we all did it, we'd be turning down four star kids begging to come here.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I watched tOSU dominate the offensive LOS, it reminded me of the games where WVU's undersized DL was manhandled in games against Bama, OU, Texas and A&M. It will be tough to get beef up front that can handle those kind of teams.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WV always had the "beef" on the line on both sides of the ball. RR downsized our D so we were faster and more aggressive. We could easily begin recruiting the big boys again, it would take 3 or 4 seasons to see the difference. But then someone would complain they are too big and clumbsy and slow.... then we could recruit faster, smaller guys....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I watched tOSU dominate the offensive LOS, it reminded me of the games where WVU's undersized DL was manhandled in games against Bama, OU, Texas and A&M. It will be tough to get beef up front that can handle those kind of teams.

OSU has a great strength and conditioning program, you could see not only the linemen, but the whole team get stronger as the year went on. IMO, we have been lacking that since Barwis left. When he was here, you could see it demoralize the other team when WVU sprinted down the field at the end of the third quarter. By the way, most of the time the difference between a three star and five star player is the coaching they received in HS, there is a reason you see multiple kids from the same HS.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we will not even get a coach like Oregon's to get us there.....going for it on 4th down, who the hell does he think he is?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we will not even get a coach like Oregon's to get us there.....going for it on 4th down, who the hell does he think he is?

Meyer took some chances on 4th down too. I was really surprised by the one on their own 48.

Read some comments where OU's HC was criticized for kicking FG's instead of going for TD's...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WV always had the "beef" on the line on both sides of the ball. RR downsized our D so we were faster and more aggressive. We could easily begin recruiting the big boys again, it would take 3 or 4 seasons to see the difference. But then someone would complain they are too big and clumbsy and slow.... then we could recruit faster, smaller guys....

See... that is the problem I'm having looking forward. Bama, LSU, tOSU... they're getting the big boys who are athletes up front. They ain't just big... they're fast too.

WVU gets kids who move to the line from LB. Put some weight on him, muscle him up... and, he's still 50 pounds smaller than the guy across the line from him.

Or get the big kid up front with no athleticism. He may get stronger... but, he don't get no faster.

Troubling....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in the Big 12, you have to recruit to challenge the competition. Since there are not many Big 12 teams who pound the rock... you don't necessarily need big boys up front to recruit.

Oregon is in this same boat playing in the Pac12.

tOSU is lucky in that they'll be able to recruit speed... size... and athleticism... getting the cream of the crop. They can play.... and dominate various styles.

Go toe to toe with power football.... Bama... no problem. Match speed and athleticism.... Oregon... no problem.

WVU will likely never be able to do that....

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in the Big 12, you have to recruit to challenge the competition. Since there are not many Big 12 teams who pound the rock... you don't necessarily need big boys up front to recruit.

Oregon is in this same boat playing in the Pac12.

tOSU is lucky in that they'll be able to recruit speed... size... and athleticism... getting the cream of the crop. They can play.... and dominate various styles.

Go toe to toe with power football.... Bama... no problem. Match speed and athleticism.... Oregon... no problem.

WVU will likely never be able to do that....

Man...ya'll are depressing me today! haha

There's 2 teams that I root for every weekend during football season...WVU and whoever is playing tOSU. I hate them with every fiber of my being. I didn't think I could hate them anymore than I already do but after last night, I was wrong. As I've said before, my wife and my in-laws are hard-core Buckeye fans and I get SO SICK of hearing about how awesome they are. My wife got pretty pissed at me last night because I told her the reason why everyone hates tOSU is because their fans are a bunch of obnoxious assholes. It wasn't a very smart move on my part to piss off a 33 week hormonal prego but I couldn't help it...Yes, I was a very sore loser last night lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer took some chances on 4th down too. I was really surprised by the one on their own 48.

Read some comments where OU's HC was criticized for kicking FG's instead of going for TD's...

We don't allow that stuff to happen in Morgantown...Punt baby!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See... that is the problem I'm having looking forward. Bama, LSU, tOSU... they're getting the big boys who are athletes up front. They ain't just big... they're fast too.

WVU gets kids who move to the line from LB. Put some weight on him, muscle him up... and, he's still 50 pounds smaller than the guy across the line from him.

Or get the big kid up front with no athleticism. He may get stronger... but, he don't get no faster.

Troubling....

Are you kidding me....remember all those title years we have had we had beast on the line....:lol:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people obsess so about a pretend championship? I really do not give a shit about a football "championship" it is merely a popularity contest. Had TCU or Baylor been named Oklahoma or Texas, Ohio State would not have even been in the so called playoff. I want WVU to be as good as they can, I want us to beat our rivals (if only we still played them.....), I want them to win whatever league they are in, and represent the school well. Every other sport, and every other level of football has a REAL champion, decided on the field, I would LOVE for WVU to win the NCAA basketball tourney, in either guys or girls ball, I love the rifle team, again, they win real titles.
The smaller, faster linemen, WHEN PROPERLY COACHED, can and do get it done, look at Fraud's offense, he seeks them out and has line coaches that teach them how to stunt block to open it up.
I agree with the premise of this thread in one thing, we will not see any title as long as we have Holgorsen on the sideline, damn, I hope no recruits see that.........

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess Bradley isn't getting it done? Yes? No? DH doesn't coach the DL last time I checked.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those title runs were nice beating such storied programs such as USF, Cincy, Rutgers, UCONN, Temple, and 9 time NC Spitt.....we dominated on offense and defense for three years, surprised with that historic run we are not bringing in 35 guys per class.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess Bradley isn't getting it done? Yes? No? DH doesn't coach the DL last time I checked.

Bradley is getting paid not to coach whole DL just the DT's...Cogdell coached DE's

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were a hell of a lot closer to titles in the past than we are now, what a crock, you kinda forgot playing Miami, PSU, 'Cuse, USCe, VPI, UMD, H-H with the SEC West, the games with free shoes and MSUn that Luck bought out of......you want to point out Temple and Rutgers but sweep IAST and Kansas under the table.....The quartet is running low on excuses for Holgorsen's failures, so they are lashing out in ever more lame ways...........