• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A "Victory in the Bank" - A Radical New Playoff Idea

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Bruins use the victory in the bank against Detroit? I do not like the match up.

That would have been quite the odds. I think we all know that the regular season results don't matter. Statistically speaking (Darkstone would back me), the Red Wings had a much larger chance of getting the banked win / loss (not counting). I take it back, Red Wings come back and win the series with the victory in the bank. Genius idea.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eloco is a man dedicated to his causes.

a4tlOGL.jpg

I will tell you that my screen name derives from the fact that once I get on something, it's tough to derail me. :)

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Yeah?? So you're an internet tough guy now? :heh:

Ummm, OT here, but does anyone know the whereabouts of BlueAndWhiteForever?? :spy:

Whatever man, I lived in Manhattan for 12 years so I just know what unfair treatment and conspiracies look like :laugh3:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever man, I lived in Manhattan for 12 years so I just know what unfair treatment and conspiracies look like :laugh3:

Sorry bud.

An old joke about a Leafs fan that used to post here.

He'd challenge people to fights on the internet and use false multiple IDs. :L

Good times.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like every god-fearing man wants to.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-6 on the OP? C'mon, guys. We can do better than that!
We forum pigeons must all be out of droppings.

/You know the OP is jerking off to the fact that his post/thread is still getting attention.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We forum pigeons must all be out of droppings.

/You know the OP is jerking off to the fact that his post/thread is still getting attention.

How do you know he's jerking off? Is Dare actually WordsofWisdumb?!?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call this the "Victory in the Bank" system.

It works as follows:

The team that finishes first in each conference gets an automatic win that they can apply in the playoffs.

RULES:

The automatic win would have to be applied at the beginning of a series, not halfway through. (ie: Phone call to Gary Bettman prior to the start of the series. "Yes, we're using it." or "No, we're saving it." Click.

Teams that decide to save their automatic win for a later round take a tremendous risk in doing so (because they might be eliminated), but the rewards are greater if they can use it against a tougher opponent later.

The 2-2-1-1-1 playoff format would be observed and would play out as usual. Games 2,3 at home for the #1 team, 4,5 on the road, etc. No home playoff dates lost.

This gives a tremendous added bonus to the team that finishes #1 by allowing them to begin their series up 1-0. It also creates some incredible playoff strategy between rounds and would lead to more interesting discussion.

Should both #1 teams meet in the Stanley Cup final, and both still having their automatic wins saved, the two will cancel each other out and the series will begin 0-0, not 1-1.

Why have it? I believe that the #1 team should have more to separate them from the #8 team than just home ice advantage.

:wtf2:

How about we stop keeping score and just give everyone a trophy.

Bunch of hippie type pinko fags.