• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A mind boggling Phillies stat.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the last 42 games the Phillies have played the starting pithcers have won just twice. That's right 2 wins in the last 42 games. The relief pitchers have won more games which isn't many. Maybe we should focus on trading for a front line starter at the deadline. We will need pitching whether Hamels stays or not.
Mind boggling! 2 wins in 42!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed it is Northeast and it boggles the mind that some fans have the hutzpuh to come on a thread and suggest that the Phillies have lots of positives and there is entirely too much bitching amongst fans.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing can be done for the staff in this rebuild right now, though, except trading Hamels. We can only wait for Pettibone, Buchanan, Severino, Nola, Morgan, and any other prospects to mature and emerge. The current sad sack of SPs, O'Sullivan, Harang, Correia, Williams, and Billingsly (holy shit, what a bunch of slugs!) will only grow tired as the season progresses and things will get worse. Yes, Worse. We will watch this and there's only hope for the future which will be exciting because there seems to be really good pitching talent there. So drink up.:yes:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty good list of complete of stiffs that would match any morgue on the planet.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the last 42 games the Phillies have played the starting pithcers have won just twice. That's right 2 wins in the last 42 games. The relief pitchers have won more games which isn't many. Maybe we should focus on trading for a front line starter at the deadline. We will need pitching whether Hamels stays or not.
Mind boggling! 2 wins in 42!

I would normally think you are being facetious, but coming from you, I'm not quite so sure.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would normally think you are being facetious, but coming from you, I'm not quite so sure.
I am serious! Why let the availability of a good pitcher pass us by. If we wait until next year we will be looking at expensive free agents that demand stupid multi-million dollar contracts. The pitchers that are available at trade deadline will already be under contract. I am not talking about a rental. Rentals are for teams that are in the race for a playoff spot. Preparing for a crucial need is sensible. Whether it is a middle of the pack type pitcher or not
does not matter. This type of thinking is based on a we can be better next season with dependable pitching.
Forward thinking can be constructive. The Phillies are a team that is under construction!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am serious! Why let the availability of a good pitcher pass us by. If we wait until next year we will be looking at expensive free agents that demand stupid multi-million dollar contracts. The pitchers that are available at trade deadline will already be under contract. I am not talking about a rental. Rentals are for teams that are in the race for a playoff spot. Preparing for a crucial need is sensible. Whether it is a middle of the pack type pitcher or not
does not matter. This type of thinking is based on a we can be better next season with dependable pitching.
Forward thinking can be constructive. The Phillies are a team that is under construction!

Only you would think one of the worst teams in baseball history should buy at the trading deadline

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only you would think one of the worst teams in baseball history should buy at the trading deadline

Thanks for the compliment! When an opportunity exists to improve it must be acted upon. The Phillies are the worst team in baseball. We lost Lee, Halladay, etc. Hamels could still be traded for prospects. The only bright spot for a future call up is Nola. The other starters either stink or are injury plagued. Common sense must be used
in order to build a new rotation. The trade deadline is the cheapest way to add a pitcher. Just because we stink doesn't mean we have to continue to be that way. We have trade chips in Revere, Frenchy, and some B level minor leaguers. So I say get some pitching now!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buying a starting pitcher now is not the best idea. The Howard-Brown gaping power hole means no consistent winning is possible. Howard, Brown, and Utley should be released by McPhail this winter. None of our current SP staff will remain next year. As I said in my post above, a new, young staff will arrive, and combined with the 7 or 8 current young position players who are steadily maturing, the new phase for the Phillies will begin next year. Plus a new manager.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus I'd keep Revere with his .300 average, 190 hits, and 50 SBs, along with his ever improving noodle arm.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revere will most likely be traded. The Phillies are going to seek power bats for the outfield next season. There is no way the Phillies can produce 5 starting pitchers from their current crop. I would be shocked if they don't trade
for a pitcher by the deadline.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed it is Northeast and it boggles the mind that some fans have the hutzpuh to come on a thread and suggest that the Phillies have lots of positives and there is entirely too much bitching amongst fans.

generally speaking, i always try to be nice. but once again, if you people are too fucking stupid to see what is going on, then as i said.. whatever. it serves/served zero purpose for the phils to go out and buy some free agents or try to call up anyone decent from below.

THEY ARE GOING NOWHERE THIS SEASON OR NEXT SEASON. get it through your heads. this is what YOU wanted, what was NEEDED and what the organization is DOING. the time to complain was last season, when it was CLEAR the rebuild should have started. now that it's begun, it's time to just sit back and enjoy the future possibilities.

but somehow, somehow.. it's just not good enough for you people. franco and his .900 ops? crawford looking awesome? nola pitching amazing? hernandez stepping up?

a new president at the top open to using every single tool for the team's advantage? an owner who is willing to spend whatever it takes on payroll and above mentioned tools? an owner who said the team is dedicated to winning and won't even set a budget?

oh, who gives a shit! we want to complain about amaro, even though he's been reduced to a puppet and out soon. we want to complain about journeyman pitchers getting lit up, as if they are supposed to do anything else. we want to complain about losing games, because we didn't just win a championship or anything recently.

i'm sure most of you had no idea, and probably still don't, who the hell jailyn ortiz is. or that cornelius randolph is already playing in the GCL and looks great early on. or that they have a 22 year old 1st baseman in rhys hoskins who is hitting .322/.404 obp/.947 ops on the year with 60 RBI.

it's a shame the phils will probably have the #1 pick instead of being somewhere around #7-10. i mean, who the hell wants a possible chance at getting a star like bryce harper when you can win a few more meaningless games during the regular season? yeah man, fuck the phils.. i'm sorry.. FUCK AMARO (since he controls everything and created the moon, sun and stars) for not aimlessly wasting money on free agents so we can compete for 4th place.

and lets stop acting like everyone was so against signing howard to the extension.. or trading for free agents during the run. fucking babies, i hate that shit. all i heard when howard was extended was "oh, he earned it. who else is going to hit 40 homers? he's one of the best." RIGHT. same garbage with the trades. "the phils can win it all now, who cares about some guys in the minors who might not even be good." RIGHT. then everyone turns around and blames the team as soon as it goes south.

90+ percent of the "fans" couldn't comprehend what was WRONG back then just because we were winning, just like they can't comprehend what's RIGHT now because we are losing.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
generally speaking, i always try to be nice. but once again, if you people are too fucking stupid to see what is going on, then as i said.. whatever. it serves/served zero purpose for the phils to go out and buy some free agents or try to call up anyone decent from below.

THEY ARE GOING NOWHERE THIS SEASON OR NEXT SEASON. get it through your heads. this is what YOU wanted, what was NEEDED and what the organization is DOING. the time to complain was last season, when it was CLEAR the rebuild should have started. now that it's begun, it's time to just sit back and enjoy the future possibilities.

but somehow, somehow.. it's just not good enough for you people. franco and his .900 ops? crawford looking awesome? nola pitching amazing? hernandez stepping up?

a new president at the top open to using every single tool for the team's advantage? an owner who is willing to spend whatever it takes on payroll and above mentioned tools? an owner who said the team is dedicated to winning and won't even set a budget?

oh, who gives a shit! we want to complain about amaro, even though he's been reduced to a puppet and out soon. we want to complain about journeyman pitchers getting lit up, as if they are supposed to do anything else. we want to complain about losing games, because we didn't just win a championship or anything recently.

i'm sure most of you had no idea, and probably still don't, who the hell jailyn ortiz is. or that cornelius randolph is already playing in the GCL and looks great early on. or that they have a 22 year old 1st baseman in rhys hoskins who is hitting .322/.404 obp/.947 ops on the year with 60 RBI.

it's a shame the phils will probably have the #1 pick instead of being somewhere around #7-10. i mean, who the hell wants a possible chance at getting a star like bryce harper when you can win a few more meaningless games during the regular season? yeah man, fuck the phils.. i'm sorry.. FUCK AMARO (since he controls everything and created the moon, sun and stars) for not aimlessly wasting money on free agents so we can compete for 4th place.

and lets stop acting like everyone was so against signing howard to the extension.. or trading for free agents during the run. fucking babies, i hate that shit. all i heard when howard was extended was "oh, he earned it. who else is going to hit 40 homers? he's one of the best." RIGHT. same garbage with the trades. "the phils can win it all now, who cares about some guys in the minors who might not even be good." RIGHT. then everyone turns around and blames the team as soon as it goes south.

90+ percent of the "fans" couldn't comprehend what was WRONG back then just because we were winning, just like they can't comprehend what's RIGHT now because we are losing.

Am I still allowed to bitch about them holding on to Harang? I didn't read the whole rant; all I need is a yes or no answer...

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow! Now that is what I call a rant! I would suggest that people are not stupid simply because they do not agree with you. I know you are a real Phillies fan based on how upset you are. So you think we should tank the season in order to get a decent draft pick? Randolph has been converted to left field, Ortiz has raw power. I follow the team and its transactions from top to bottom. Get a grip Phillies!

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is nothing to agree on, because what i'm saying is correct. it's not up for debate.
Am I still allowed to bitch about them holding on to Harang? I didn't read the whole rant; all I need is a yes or no answer...

as a fan who loosely follows the team, you know 100% more than the people behind the scenes who are paid to do this professionally and live, breathe, eat and shit baseball.

i think this is what you want to hear.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is nothing to agree on, because what i'm saying is correct. it's not up for debate.

as a fan who loosely follows the team, you know 100% more than the people behind the scenes who are paid to do this professionally and live, breathe, eat and shit baseball.

i think this is what you want to hear.

I think I do know how to run a team better than Amaro, if I was given the chance, especially from years 2009-2012. I will say that there has been a slight positive change in the front office since last season (trading Rollins, Byrd, Bastardo).

And wow, I'm impressed with the "it's not up for debate" line. You are scary when you get into a debate, that's for sure

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, haven't you been bitching about Howard's contract since the turn of the millennium? I guess because you just "loosely" follow this team and aren't behind the scenes everyday, you're not equipped to judge whether or not that was a good deal.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guy watches a few survival shows.. says "i can do better in the wild than this guy."

guy reads a few medical books.. says "i can perform surgery better than this guy."

guy watches some sports games.. says "i can make better moves than this guy."

no, you can't run a team better than amaro. you would be completely lost and shit yourself within 5 minutes. just because he makes some bad decisions, it doesn't erase the many years of knowledge, information and structure that exists. he is simply the worst of the existing pool. but 99.99999999% of the population are nowhere near qualified to even come close to that pool. we all have no clue about various rules and restrictions that exist. procedure that has to be followed. loopholes, forms, agents. the list can go on for a long time.

if people feel i'm being a dick, so be it. all i've seen here, outside of probably a few weeks since ESPN shut down its forums, is just whining. it's why i stopped giving huge prospect updates and just stopped posting in general. it's way beyond boring. we get it, amaro is a bad GM. the fucker has no power and is just a figurehead. every thread i click on it has to have amaro bashing in it though and how he's going to keep ruining the team. INSANE.

and you mention howard, yes.. i was one of maybe 3 posters total, out of like 100, that greatly opposed his extension. i was told to shut up, it's not my money, we have a ton to spend, etc. i went into detail about how bad it will be in the upcoming years. but no, we were winning.. and fans can't hear any bad news. and just like i mentioned.. now that we're losing, we can't hear any good news.

fans are blind.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omar and Northeast are right. Looks like you're the only one doing the bitching on this thread, _phiLLies_.