• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A look at where we stand with recruiting after the Spring Game...

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right I forgot about Coles, and was thinking about Coale. Yeah with the group of receivers we have now that sounds like a good move.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
TE Christian Reeves out of GA committed to VT today. Solid pickup at a position that is thin. 6'3 215 4.5 are great measurables for him. If he can add some bulk he could be a threat, especially as an H-back.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE Christian Reeves out of GA committed to VT today. Solid pickup at a position that is thin. 6'3 215 4.5 are great measurables for him. If he can add some bulk he could be a threat, especially as an H-back.

Yeah, I am thrilled that we got him. We need some depth at that spot. Jerome Lewis is going to be something really special and may have been the steal of last year's recruiting class, but behind him we have very little. I think Lewis will get significant playing time this year as well.

Look for a certain defensive back to announce this coming Friday and a certain quarterback to announce the following Saturday. I will be out of touch through the weekend, but one of the two should be coming our way and the other may be coming our way but may head to the future team on probation known as UNC.

saltrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Airomire I feel is a lock. I'm not worried about him going anywhere else. I'm pretty excited to get him too. His highlight film is amazing. I can see his rating going up to a possible 4 star as the season progresses. As for Williams, I've heard a bunch of rumors on another VT board that he favors VT. But he took a visit to UNC last Friday and it just seems a little odd that he would be deciding so early after that. My gut says he's UNC bound, but I feel like we have a 50/50 chance with him.

Also, Holts is announcing at the end of the month. I feel like it's between us and Florida. He is absolutely crucial for this class. If we land Turner and Holts, the class is almost already a success. We need some big time offensive linemen and a commitment from him would be incredible. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that Kris Harley and Darren Evans are recruiting him hard.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Airomire I feel is a lock. I'm not worried about him going anywhere else. I'm pretty excited to get him too. His highlight film is amazing. I can see his rating going up to a possible 4 star as the season progresses. As for Williams, I've heard a bunch of rumors on another VT board that he favors VT. But he took a visit to UNC last Friday and it just seems a little odd that he would be deciding so early after that. My gut says he's UNC bound, but I feel like we have a 50/50 chance with him.

Also, Holts is announcing at the end of the month. I feel like it's between us and Florida. He is absolutely crucial for this class. If we land Turner and Holts, the class is almost already a success. We need some big time offensive linemen and a commitment from him would be incredible. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that Kris Harley and Darren Evans are recruiting him hard.

I agree about Aromire, but that's mainly because I haven't heard much about him since the Spring Game. Everything indicates that he likes VT alot, so we'll have to see, but I think we'll be ok tomorrow.

Williams is a bit intriguing because he has said that he'll take OV in the fall, but now with his announcement in a week, I'm not sure if he'll take them. Either way, I like our position, but UNC is right there too. Hopefully the fact that they have Renner and Golson there will sway his chances here.

I absolutely agree about Holts. He's up there with Harley, Grant, Hughes and Turner in terms of need and star power. He's one guy I'd like to lock down to help the OL, which seems to be making big strides the last few recruiting classes. He would bolster that, especially if Turner comes on board. Considering our OLine has been a major weakness the last few years, any help to correct that is welcome.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Greyshirt TE Chris Hall committed to the Hokies this morning.

His teammate DE Corey Marshall will announce tomorrow at 5pm.

saltrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Greyshirt TE Chris Hall committed to the Hokies this morning.

His teammate DE Corey Marshall will announce tomorrow at 5pm.

If he doesn't commit to VT I will be shocked. I'm still not sure if he will play DE or DT yet though. The target board on rivals says he is getting recruited as a DT, but I think he could easily play either position well. I'd think he would be more effective at DE though with his strength and speed combination.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do we stand with WR Quinta Funderburke?

He is still kind of a long shot. He has an offer from us and always has, but he seems to be looking out of state. If I had to guess, I would ranks his schools as such:

1. Alabama
2. Arkansas
3. Florida

4. Clemson
5. Penn State

6. Virginia
7. Virginia Tech
8. North Carolina

His former quarterback is Phillip Sims and he is the futre quarterback at Alabama, so go figure.....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't commit to VT I will be shocked. I'm still not sure if he will play DE or DT yet though. The target board on rivals says he is getting recruited as a DT, but I think he could easily play either position well. I'd think he would be more effective at DE though with his strength and speed combination.

Corey Marshall committed to Tech giving us two of the top 20 defensive tackles in this year's class. I love building from the inside out. We have a very legitimate shot to end this recruiting season with 2 of the top DTs (check and two of the top OTs in Holts and Turner. Virginia tech aint going anywhere for a while.... :)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
DE Matt Roth committed to VT. He's from Florida, same school as Tim Tebow. Well I'd say the DL is solid from the last 2-3 years of recruiting. Now time to shore up the OL, then get the star power. Going to be interesting with some wildcard pickups the last two weeks with concern to the available slots for kids to commit. Maybe looking at only one QB for this class.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holts to UNC. I guess that Butch's check cleared. I am kind of OK with this, as we have two studs from the last class in Shuman and Gibson at tackle and are likely going to get Turner but for the life of me, I can not understand how a football recruit from out of state would choose UNC over Virginia Tech.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Holts to UNC. I guess that Butch's check cleared. I am kind of OK with this, as we have two studs from the last class in Shuman and Gibson at tackle and are likely going to get Turner but for the life of me, I can not understand how a football recruit from out of state would choose UNC over Virginia Tech.

I'm a little heated that we didn't get Holts, especially losing out to UNC. I don't know what the appeal is to play there. It's a basketball first school with a mediocre football fan base and a team that's lucky to play in the Meinke Tire Bowl. Oh well, time to kick their butt where it matters in November.

I really wanted Holts and it seemed like we were in great position last night and then I wake up and read him committing to that snake John Blake. I guess he can sell it, but I question his methods.

saltrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea I'm a little mad as well. We now depend on Landon Turner to commit very heavily. If he commits to UNC after they signed a 5 star o lineman last year and now Kiaro, I honestly will think UNC is cheating somehow.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your gut telling you on Williams?

Hey guys,
Just found this board by accident and found it very informative. Just curious as to which way you think MW will pledge tomorrow. I read a note from a Michigan fan saying he was coming our way, but UNC boards seem to think he's a Tar Heel lock. Thanks a bunch. Look forward to hearing more from you fellow Hokies.

saltrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey guys,
Just found this board by accident and found it very informative. Just curious as to which way you think MW will pledge tomorrow. I read a note from a Michigan fan saying he was coming our way, but UNC boards seem to think he's a Tar Heel lock. Thanks a bunch. Look forward to hearing more from you fellow Hokies.

Welcome to the board!

All signs point to him committing to UNC. Every rumor and board post I've heard says he's favoring UNC. He's honestly a very hard person to get a read on so I think we still have a chance to pull him in, but I would honestly be surprised if he didn't commit to UNC. Hopefully if he does choose UNC it will be one of the last recruiting battles we will lose to them. I honestly can't stand losing prospects to them.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer

I agree. It makes no sense for us to lose recruits to UNC. Hoops I can understand, but not football. At least we can take solace in the fact that Butch will find a way to squander their talent in big games. Still can't believe we lost to 'em last year. But Butch is about on par with his days at Miami. 1-5 against us with the megarecruits he got in South Florida. Now he's what, 1-3 or 1-4 against us in Chapel Hill? Still think we'll be in good shape to get the other two VA. QBs we're after. Man oh man, I just hope we can get TUrner and Grant. Thanks for welcoming me aboard. Great thread here.