• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.J. Smith offered "enhanced" role. per Clayton

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well here is what i found on A.J.

he took over for butler as GM who had gone 14-34
he took over and went 95-65 won 5 afc west titles and 8 consecutive non losing seasons .

skins fans will take that any day of the week and twice on sunday

his scouting dept found antonio gates as a rookie FA

he drafted phillip rivers ,michael turner eric weddle , shawn merriman VJ sproles shaun phillips nick hardwick quenton jammer and nate keading along with other good role guys

so his dept. has eyes for talent

he is a stubborn jack ass and isnt big on FA's and particularly big money ones

sounds like a GM we can use

i do see charger fans not liking him but they were at a different point in their franchise development then we are and he seems to be a real stubborn a-hole wghen he wants to be

we could do worse and i appreciate the input of charger fans on this

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could do and have done much, much worse. Cautiously hoping it gets finalized. If for nothing else, just to get a sense or order around here.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah good take Dad. I see Charger fan looking at AJ like Philly Fan looks at Andy Reid, after a while as a contender it's frustration not getting to the mountain top. You put that with a personality like AJ and I can see why he is hated. But again we need a guy who can evaluate talent and improve the team, period. As I said a few weeks ago what's another dick added to the bag of dicks we already have here?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah good take Dad. I see Charger fan looking at AJ like Philly Fan looks at Andy Reid, after a while as a contender it's frustration not getting to the mountain top. You put that with a personality like AJ and I can see why he is hated. But again we need a guy who can evaluate talent and improve the team, period. As I said a few weeks ago what's another dick added to the bag of dicks we already have here?

Does this mean we like dicks if so I'm out of here

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the more I think about this the more it's just the same old movie. If he is going to act like a GM then make him the damn GM. If not then at least tell us what this all means.

So typical Redskins

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the more I think about this the more it's just the same old movie. If he is going to act like a GM then make him the damn GM. If not then at least tell us what this all means.

So typical Redskins

My thoughts exactly. I don't see this ending well. A strong willed personality that is "kinda" in charge but not really. Oh yeah, this will work.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts exactly. I don't see this ending well. A strong willed personality that is "kinda" in charge but not really. Oh yeah, this will work.

i dont think AJ smith will take a job that he doesnt have a great deal of authority in doing .

not when he can have GM jobs offered to him

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think AJ smith will take a job that he doesnt have a great deal of authority in doing .

I hope you are right and I hope they give him,or whomever they might hire, the job, title, authority and responsibility and end this foolishness of murky job responsibilities.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be totally frank here and you guys might ask me to leave but here goes.

With the state of your franchise and its history of, shall we say, poor decisions, I don't think AJ Smith will take this job without total and complete authority. He won't bend and he won't negotiate. Not even with Daniel Snyder.

Could do and have done much, much worse. Cautiously hoping it gets finalized. If for nothing else, just to get a sense or order around here.

This.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By taking the job do you mean moving to DC and doing more than what he has been doing in the past? Because he's been here doing this thing without control for years now.

Hammer: We don't mind your input at all, you know the guy better than we do. And you are right, we are totally aware of our team's history of poor decisions. That's why I'm for this move, just worried it will be yet another big name signing to make everyone get all excited but the movie always ends the same.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By taking the job do you mean moving to DC and doing more than what he has been doing in the past? Because he's been here doing this thing without control for years now.

Hammer: We don't mind your input at all, you know the guy better than we do. And you are right, we are totally aware of our team's history of poor decisions. That's why I'm for this move, just worried it will be yet another big name signing to make everyone get all excited but the movie always ends the same.

i understand your worries and there is nothing in the past 15 years to give you any hope but it has to start somewhere so lets see what happens