• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.J. Jenkins

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what did Eric really say that wasn't covered by us or someone else? it's recycle products lol....

no DUH Jenkins ain't performing... he didn't get on the field....

I hope he makes a big play in the Super Bowl(deep pass since he's "fast")

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is our secret weapon.

:laugh3:

With the Harbaugh/Roman history of trickiness this isn't completely impossible. I don't mean that's it's likely but possible in a win the lotto sort of way.

3.jpeg

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll eventually come around. He came to a team w/ 9 pro bowlers including a HOFer Moss. He was probably shell shocked, used to being the primary playmaker in college. LMJ has finally arrived I suspect Jenkins will be next.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone posted a stat on how many rookies received a pass in 2012... anyone know what that stat was?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe AJ Jenkins is Manti Teo's girlfriend

:llama:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd and 6 on our opening possession...Play action to Gore...Kaep throws deep to Jenkins...TD.

IT WILL HAPPEN.

and then I woke up laughing

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah bingo my post was more about Branch than the thread... like what Eric wrote is nothing new or insightful....

But damn Jenkins! i was wrong about Aldon, dont make me right about you on draft day1!!!?!?!?!?!?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he makes a big play in the Super Bowl(deep pass since he's "fast")

He is our secret weapon.

:laugh3:

With the Harbaugh/Roman history of trickiness this isn't completely impossible. I don't mean that's it's likely but possible in a win the lotto sort of way.

I keep telling myself this hoping that I could will it into existence.

2nd and 6 on our opening possession...Play action to Gore...Kaep throws deep to Jenkins...TD.

IT WILL HAPPEN.

and then I woke up laughing

Not that beggars can be choosers, as I certainly would be happy we scored, but I'd rather Moss, Crabtree, or Davis get the deep touchdown. I'm sure Harbaugh and Roman would look even more the geniuses if it worked and word leaked out that they planned it, but I feel the guys that have been contributing deserve it more. Of course, the play would likely be a bit slower if it is Crabtree, but still (he's not slow nor as fast as they say Jenkins is, right?).

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'll hold judgement on Jenkins till next season.

What I'm wondering is if one of the reason's he's not in there is because of his run blocking.

Everyone of our WRs including Moss are good run blockers and it makes me wonder if Jenkins hasn't put on the bulk or has the technique down for it yet.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not going to write the kid off at this point, but certainly it's not promising to date. When's the last time a receiver didn't catch a pass in his rookie year and went on to be a successful player? Especially a first-round pick? It's frustrating, as a receiver with deep speed would pretty much complete this offense, especially with Manningham and Williams coming back. I'm hoping he's just a late-bloomer, but I'm not holding my breath. I will say that if Owusu or Palmer make it, I'm going to be PISSED....

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'll hold judgement on Jenkins till next season.

What I'm wondering is if one of the reason's he's not in there is because of his run blocking.

Everyone of our WRs including Moss are good run blockers and it makes me wonder if Jenkins hasn't put on the bulk or has the technique down for it yet.

I really hope this is the case because bulking up and working on run blocking should just be a matter of time.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny, i've seen him on the field more so on running plays than passing ones... TBH

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to write the kid off at this point, but certainly it's not promising to date. When's the last time a receiver didn't catch a pass in his rookie year and went on to be a successful player? Especially a first-round pick? It's frustrating, as a receiver with deep speed would pretty much complete this offense, especially with Manningham and Williams coming back. I'm hoping he's just a late-bloomer, but I'm not holding my breath. I will say that if Owusu or Palmer make it, I'm going to be PISSED....

This!!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

thats all we can do, remain hopeful? there is no way to defend Jenkins right now.

most had written off Crabtree, so it is possible for Jenkins too.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The way James was held out of the lineup and became a key contributor gives me hope for him. WR's take longer to develop and throw into games than RB's. He was also more of a project than James coming in (for their roles).

Really disappointed though when he couldn't get lined up correctly at the end of the season. He's just not at all where he should be at all right now. My hope is that he adds about ten pounds of muscle in the offseason and comes into training camp hungry for a job. Maybe competing with a mid-round WR will help light a fire under him. That definitely should happen.

I remember Torrey Smith really struggled early on and was drafted similarly at the bottom of the 1st. I don't think he'll ever develop into that caliber player, but he's got to put it together next year. Sometimes all these guys need is to be out there getting repetition to get comfortable before they take off. For whatever reason, he didn't really get that opportunity this year.

What I can't excuse at this point is that Ginn is out there in his place. That's just crazy to me that he's not trusted to give more at WR than Ginn. If he could get lined up correctly and do all of that stuff, it would probably be a different situation, but he hasn't yet earned that trust.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody see him out on the field with thos silly ass headphones on catching passes. No wonder he can't focus and catch footballs.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have zero hope for him after he couldnt even catch a pass after the injuries we had at the receiver position. The 9ers going with Chad Hall this last Sunday should make it pretty much obvious to everyone, he stinks and he wont be with the team much longer.