• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8/5 Dutch @ Snakes

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland has a 3.88 ERA this year
He makes 1.75 this year and is a FA this off season.

1) What will he cost?
2) Do the Giants go after him?

All reports say he is a big hit in the locker room, so you gotta think he will stay with a competitive offer. But would he offer a discount?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) What will he cost?

All reports say he is a big hit in the locker room, so you gotta think he will stay with a competitive offer. But would he offer a discount?
Going into next year, the rotation looks like...

1) Bum
2) DRod
3) Sammy
4) Suarez
5) Blach / Stratton

We definitely need at least 1 more arm, maybe 2 (3?).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) What will he cost?

It's a tough situation as he could be looking for a solid payday, but I'd probably be okay with a 2/16 deal or something? That seems to be the going rate for veteran back-end starters coming off a slight resurgence year. Considering DRod and Suarez are making the minimum, and hopefully the tax won't be an issue next year, I could be okay with that (assuming he keeps pace this year).

The market for starters next year is pretty shallow. I'd probably only like them to go after Eovaldi, Corbin and Morton, but they're going to command a lot more than $16m.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black in line for his first MLB win...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Winn has moved up to AA as well.... I'm really thinking we'll see Garcia at AAA or MLB tomorrow

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Winn has moved up to AA as well.... I'm really thinking we'll see Garcia at AAA or MLB tomorrow
AAA maybe. No reason to call him up to the show.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE how they have avoided Goldy today. We have been SCREAMING for this for how long now??

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAA maybe. No reason to call him up to the show.

Well we still don't know if Posey can catch or not. If Posey is stuck at 1st for awhile, could send Law or Johnson down and add Garcia

edit: But the fact that he's not here yet probably signals he's in Sac

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we still don't know if Posey can catch or not. If Posey is stuck at 1st for awhile, could send Law or Johnson down and add Garcia

edit: But the fact that he's not here yet probably signals he's in Sac
Garcia is still listed at AA, along with Arnold, Riley and Winn (although Riley has played more 1st than catcher).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough situation as he could be looking for a solid payday, but I'd probably be okay with a 2/16 deal or something? That seems to be the going rate for veteran back-end starters coming off a slight resurgence year. Considering DRod and Suarez are making the minimum, and hopefully the tax won't be an issue next year, I could be okay with that (assuming he keeps pace this year).

The market for starters next year is pretty shallow. I'd probably only like them to go after Eovaldi, Corbin and Morton, but they're going to command a lot more than $16m.
While Holland has been great this year, I probably lean more toward tzill's thought about Holland not maintaining this next year. My concern would be stuck with two years of poor production if they bring him back. Maybe SF can do wonders with his career but, prior to this season, he last had a good year in 2013.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia is still listed at AA, along with Arnold, Riley and Winn (although Riley has played more 1st than catcher).

I'm just speculating here. Out of the lineup two straight games since the Posey injury, no word on any injury to Garcia. Just connecting the dots

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Holland has been great this year, I probably lean more toward tzill's thought about Holland not maintaining this next year. My concern would be stuck with two years of poor production if they bring him back. Maybe SF can do wonders with his career but, prior to this season, he last had a good year in 2013.

Yeah I don't see him keeping up this pace for long (figured he'd decline already, TBH), but I'll bet the Giants bring him back. And if they do, I'd be fine with around 2/16. More than that and I'd be skeptical. But with the CBT allegedly not being an issue after this year, I don't really care how they spend their money

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just speculating here. Out of the lineup two straight games since the Posey injury, no word on any injury to Garcia. Just connecting the dots
Something has to happen with the catchers at AA. I know the Giants will typically carry 3 on many of their minor league affiliates, but 4 is just too many. Freeman is still listed at AAA, so I don't know why Winn has been moved up. SJ reinstated Tanner Murphy from the dl and kept Corbett on the roster.