• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/15 Gnats @ Champs

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Belt seems to catch more flack for that.

I heard an interesting story the other day about Pence. I have a co-worker who grew up in San Francisco. She and her sisters are rapid Giant fans. Her sisters still live up there and one of them decided to visit a batting cage somewhere in the city. She wasn't very good and was watching this guy a couple of cages down from her and thought "man, he's good!" The guy comes out of the cage and it's Hunter Pence! She took a ball up to him and asked for a signature and he obliged. My question was, "What the heck was Pence doing hanging out at a random batting cage?"

You saying they're easy?

Phone number, please :dhd:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. VanderTuig is also from UCLA and was having a good season at San Jose before it got cut short with an injury.

How did you end up in Ceres of all places? That doesn't strike me as a town people just move to without a reason, like relatives living there.

I am a pastor of a small church, and they made me an offer I could not refuse. I sometimes wonder why we left Pasadena. The valley is such a different place. My wife was the #3 at the Habitat for Humanity Greater Los Angeles, and not only was making $$$, but making an impact on the community. I was the pastor of several churches, a business administrator of a large one, and an adjunct at Azusa Pacific for 18 years. When we moved to SoCal, we thought we would hate it. Parts of it we did hate. But the Pasadena area grew on us, and we grew to like Redondo Beach. Having the heir of my throne in Westwood was pretty cool, too.

Been here three years. Can't tell whether it is sweeter having the Giants win in 2012 & 2014 here with other Giants' fans, or in 2010 living in the midst of Doyer fans. Either way, I like the Giants winning!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a pastor of a small church, and they made me an offer I could not refuse. I sometimes wonder why we left Pasadena. The valley is such a different place. My wife was the #3 at the Habitat for Humanity Greater Los Angeles, and not only was making $$$, but making an impact on the community. I was the pastor of several churches, a business administrator of a large one, and an adjunct at Azusa Pacific for 18 years. When we moved to SoCal, we thought we would hate it. Parts of it we did hate. But the Pasadena area grew on us, and we grew to like Redondo Beach. Having the heir of my throne in Westwood was pretty cool, too.

Been here three years. Can't tell whether it is sweeter having the Giants win in 2012 & 2014 here with other Giants' fans, or in 2010 living in the midst of Doyer fans. Either way, I like the Giants winning!
How interesting. I know of Ceres because my dad worked in the Modesto Fire Department for over 15 years. Is your wife doing any community work up there? I would think that they need a lot of help in that area.