• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7 game losing streak

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They can make the streak go to 9 before the deadline. Remove any notion of making the playoffs and start selling.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football score-Asswhipping extraordinaire! I'd like to meet Rueben and bitch slap him to death with a sawed-off boat oar right about now. Freaking weenie dumbass!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw that Lee was pulled for Valdes, going up against Scherzer, I wasn't going to waste my time watching the game. Glad to see I was right.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who is more stupid. Amare or the manager that made that decision.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need to make it 9 straight to remove any notion of making the playoffs. They were done a while ago, and the nail is pretty much in the coffin. I mean, a miracle could happen, but probably not. RAJ needs to sell but he probably won't because he is a horrible GM

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Sick Felon. Many Phillies fans have been screamin' the same chorus all season long and brain-dead remains so. He's got players who he could move from the farm clubs and he has some interest in Paplebon, Utley, and may be Ruiz, but he does nothing. I am getting tired of this same story!!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blow up the team and half the guys you get, retreads or from the minors, will turn out to be duds. I'm for making serious changes that will improve the team. The NL East sucks badly. With Revere down, there's no spark plug in the leadoff spot. They need a good hitting outfielder to play center. I'm sure they'll deal MY in a big trade that improves pitching and hitting. Then Asche will come up. They'll stay with JRol, Howard, Delmon, and Ruiz. If a major deal for Utley is possible, he might go, but I don't think they'll do it because they won't get that much for him. I'd love to see guys like Franco and Biddle on the team if it's feasible and if they're ready. Again they should keep Paps because he's not replaceable by Bastardo or similar.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Papelbon is ridiculously replaceable and offers little value to this team.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, when I say I want the Phillies to trade all their players on their MLB roster besides Brown, Hamels, Ruf, and maybe Lee and Revere....... I am not saying it because I want them to get a bunch of good young players back so they can rebuild..... My main point for trading everyone is clearing as much salary as possible, then we can retool the right way without overpaying players or giving out bad contracts....... That requires we get rid of RAJ though of course.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of free agency, the you must overpay for the player you really want. I only wish contracts had to be structured with some type of production clause to prevent something like the Ryan Howard problem. What worries me now is with Revere out for the season, and Brown for 2 weeks possibly, the Phillies will make some rash dumb moves like last year, when they traded 2/3 of their outfield with no backups in sight, which turned out to be a musical chairs number.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the Phillies will make some rash dumb moves like last year, when they traded 2/3 of their outfield with no backups in sight, which turned out to be a musical chairs number.
No, getting rid of Victorino was the right more. Paying him $13 million a year is retarded.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Utley, Rollins, Young, Young, Ruiz, Papelbon should all be traded. Zero reason why these players should be on the team after the deadline.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utley, Rollins, Young, Young, Ruiz, Papelbon should all be traded. Zero reason why these players should be on the team after the deadline.
agreed. in my opinion the only way any of these guys are still with the team next week is they couldn't get anything for them from other teams.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. in my opinion the only way any of these guys are still with the team next week is they couldn't get anything for them from other teams.

Michael Young is the one I'll be most interested in seeing what happens. Some media sources keep saying all these teams are interested in him, but the funny thing is every time I see a rumor about a team there is also a couple articles from local writers or bloggers or whatever that say getting Young would be a terrible move. Hopefully they get something for him.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of free agency, the you must overpay for the player you really want. I only wish contracts had to be structured with some type of production clause to prevent something like the Ryan Howard problem. What worries me now is with Revere out for the season, and Brown for 2 weeks possibly, the Phillies will make some rash dumb moves like last year, when they traded 2/3 of their outfield with no backups in sight, which turned out to be a musical chairs number.
lolol! "rash dumb moves"....i live in the bay area, and you can ask any real giant fan their opinion of pense...pretty much how most of the people in philly thought of him prior to him being dealt. they are completely sick of him...offensively and defensively! regarding victorino, see Caligula's reply above. And I wouldn't "worry" about revere and brown being out...the season is lost. Hopefully we can sit back the rest of the season and enjoy some fresh youngsters playing baseball!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cedrique, your original assessment awhile back is going to be the correct one. We have a roster full of aging players with big contracts and nobody is interested in trading for them. We are going to be stuck with them until we either cut them or the contract expires such as you mentioned with the Howard contract.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea WestCoast, Victorino and Pence were moved when they still had marketability. I believe Pat Gillick might still have been around and knew how to do that. This RAJ brain-dead bastard has no clue. All he knows how to do is sit and wait. Hunter Pence was and still is a joke so we were glad to unload him.

Now we have a bunch of aging players who brain-dead waited too long to move. The only way out is to move a guy like M. Young and call-up young talent but this brain-dead idiot is going to do what he does best-wait and do nothing. This in conjunction with little or no interest and his job is pretty much the same-sit and wait.