• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/12 M's vs Astros

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this should be interesting to see how Felix reacts to this huge lead. Last big lead he had he stunk it up.

7/21.....

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last big lead he had was against boston only gave up 2

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and hes going up against the Astros.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last big lead he had was against boston only gave up 2

Forgot about that one. but you're right... this is the Astros

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to back sweeps!? This offense is so fun to watch of late...even Ackley has gotten some hits in.

I hope they really keep this team together. We have our solid core of young guys set...I think it's important to keep the veterans around to continue this success and give the young guys some experience with winning and success at the major level.

If we trade away Raul and Morales we're gonna be putting more pressure on Seager and Smoak to hit in the lineup.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we gave the astros what was coming to them.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade away Raul and Morales we're gonna be putting more pressure on Seager and Smoak to hit in the lineup.

While I'd like to see them keep most of this team together (they can trade Saunders, Ryan, Harang or just about anyone in the pen). I don't want hear about putting pressure on guys like Smoak, Ackley, or Seager if they are traded. They've been in the big leagues long enough to deal with it. At some point you have to sink or swim.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'd like to see them keep most of this team together (they can trade Saunders, Ryan, Harang or just about anyone in the pen). I don't want hear about putting pressure on guys like Smoak, Ackley, or Seager if they are traded. They've been in the big leagues long enough to deal with it. At some point you have to sink or swim.

It's not about how long a guy has been in the league. If good hitters are removed from the lineup it puts more pressure on the guys that remain in the lineup regardless of how long they have been in the league. Adding or removing even 1 hitter in a lineup can make a big difference for the other hitters on the team.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Morse can hit when he gets back. Talk about putting some excitement in the lineup.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Morse can hit when he gets back. Talk about putting some excitement in the lineup.

No kidding! I would love to see Morse come back and add even more pop to this lineup that is already hitting pretty well. Anyone know when his return might be?

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding! I would love to see Morse come back and add even more pop to this lineup that is already hitting pretty well. Anyone know when his return might be?

Its probably going to be a while. They want him to have some rehab games before he comes back up. They're reevaluating him on Today (Monday).

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about how long a guy has been in the league. If good hitters are removed from the lineup it puts more pressure on the guys that remain in the lineup regardless of how long they have been in the league. Adding or removing even 1 hitter in a lineup can make a big difference for the other hitters on the team.

That means it'll be about taking that guy out of the lineup, not the "pressure" of Smoak hitting 6th instead of 7th. That's what I'm saying. I don't want pressure used as some excuse for players that have been in the league for a while.......Well, unless of coarse they make the playoffs.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a production standpoint, trading two of your middle of the order hitters is going to have a big impact on your team, no matter who else is in the lineup. By trading those guys, you're removing 38 homeruns and 111 RBI from your lineup. Calling up guys like Miller and Franklin have provided a spark to the offense, sure, but if you lose Morales and Ibanez, you're losing a big chunk of your offense that you're not going to be able to replace with anyone from Tacoma.

From a leadership standpoint, both Ibanez and Morales (along with Morse, Bay and Chavez) have provided that veteran presence (with the production on the field to back up their words in the case of Ibanez and Morales) in the clubhouse and on the field that had been sorely lacking on this team the last couple of years. Guys like Ackley, Smoak and Seager may not be rookies anymore, but that doesn't mean they can't still benefit from having those veterans in the clubhouse and in the lineup. These younger guys will be counted on to be the leaders of the team soon enough. There's no need to push them into that now if you don't have to and the Mariners don't have to.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Miller just became the first Mariners rookie since Ken Griffey Jr. (1989) to win AL Player of the Week. Congrats to him, and it's really nice to see some of offense lately. Houston was the perfect team to play post All Star Break to keep the team hot.