• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #6 Washington vs #9 Auburn (Sept. 1st | 3:30PM ET | ABC)

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questionable play calling in the red zone and why the fvck didn't Ahmed get more touches ... :scratch:
Well it doesn't do any good to give him the ball if you aren't going to give it to him in plays where he can bounce and run. Really didn't use him all that well when he did get touches.

They have a lot to work on next week against a cream puff before going on the road to Utah. They really need to clean that bad tackling up and do something with special teams. Oh the damned kicking game.... :L

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it was a good game. Too bad we can't LOL @ Auburn.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Huskies had a better red zone offense they could have won by 2 TDs. It was a good game to watch.
Auburn defense is not our issue. Great coaching by the huskies to get the points they did. Browning learned from his past and kept composure and I have tons of respect for that kid.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you already drunk on fireball? :noidea:

Husky football entirely DOMINATED the sports landscape of Seattle prior to the Seahawks franchise and again during the 80's - early 90's when the Seahawks and Mariners weren't very good and the Huskies were. The sellouts and waiting list for tickets as well as overall buzz in the city were tremendous.

No my naive little cougar friend, you do not have a grasp on sports in Seattle.

The question has been asked since late last year with the Seahawks going through a retooling/rebuilding, the M's still crapping down their legs season after season, and the rise once again of Husky football (and perhaps basketball) and more and more are in agreement that college sports are once again taking over the city. The rise of Purple Reign once again is something you are just going to have to live with.

:drink:

Just like your QB, you have no idea. Seattle has been and always will be a split city. Not even during the James steroids era did you guys run the city.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see Washington as one of your teams when you posted either...are there special rules?

No. I just hate Auburn.

But Way to step in an hour later and post something stupid. Good job.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

You think Browning is why we lost?

I'll never understand you guys...
To be fair, Browning didn't lose them that game, but he also didn't rise up and win it for them either. Again.

He had moments of looking like what you expect from a 4th year starter, and then those unforced errors you really can't have from a veteran QB.

Kick those two FG's and win the game. Make better play selections and use some of your outside speed and maybe get 7 in the RZ. How about not letting kick returns go for big yards? Perhaps just stop making really stupid penalties. Sure, all of that is entirely fair and it's a team game. But...

Their QB drove the field and got a TD when they needed it and Browning didn't. He deserves some of the criticism for it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like your QB, you have no idea. Seattle has been and always will be a split city. Not even during the James steroids era did you guys run the city.
:rofl:

You are so clueless. Split city my ass. It isn't, hasn't EVER been, and never will be. We allow coug grads to have a few hovels here and there because we need college grads to run our fast food establishments and nothing more.

Back to your bottle....

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Browning didn't lose them that game, but he also didn't rise up and win it for them either. Again.

He had moments of looking like what you expect from a 4th year starter, and then those unforced errors you really can't have from a veteran QB.

Kick those two FG's and win the game. Make better play selections and use some of your outside speed and maybe get 7 in the RZ. How about not letting kick returns go for big yards? Perhaps just stop making really stupid penalties. Sure, all of that is entirely fair and it's a team game. But...

Their QB drove the field and got a TD when they needed it and Browning didn't. He deserves some of the criticism for it.
Auburn left 7 points on the field from the kicking game so that argument is moot. It all equaled out.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn left 7 points on the field from the kicking game so that argument is moot. It all equaled out.
? Didn't your guy just miss one FG and then your coach made stupid calls on going for 2 twice. How does that add up to 7 from the kicking game?

And you can't have one team make theirs while the other still doesn't? Is it a package deal now?

Well, and I pointed out all sorts of things OTHER THAN simply blaming a loss on their QB which was the point, not whatever you are on about now.

I clearly twice said congrats and told your fans they earned that win. What more do you want? :noidea: ffs just win with grace. Is that too much to ask?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He made the throw away mistake, and the fumble. The interception was all on him, the fumble was a mix of shitty play call, and an "oh shit" call on the O-line in addition to his part. I saw an O-line that still needs some work when it comes to good defensive fronts and mistakes all around. Putting this on Browning is weak. Hard to say he didn't step up when his only faults once again came while he was running for life.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
? Didn't your guy just miss one FG and then your coach made stupid calls on going for 2 twice. How does that add up to 7 from the kicking game?

And you can't have one team make theirs while the other still doesn't? Is it a package deal now?

Well, and I pointed out all sorts of things OTHER THAN simply blaming a loss on their QB which was the point, not whatever you are on about now.

I clearly twice said congrats and told your fans they earned that win. What more do you want? :noidea: ffs just win with grace. Is that too much to ask?
Missed 2 FGs and should have kicked extra point on fist TD. 7 points

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn defense is not our issue. Great coaching by the huskies to get the points they did. Browning learned from his past and kept composure and I have tons of respect for that kid.
The game I watched, Auburn's defense should be your issue. The Huskies had 400 total yards on offense. Nevertheless is was a good game by both teams.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed 2 FGs and should have kicked extra point on fist TD. 7 points
Once of the field goals was 50+ yards. Can't really call that leaving points off the board.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made the throw away mistake, and the fumble. The interception was all on him, the fumble was a mix of shitty play call, and an "oh shit" call on the O-line in addition to his part. I saw an O-line that still needs some work when it comes to good defensive fronts and mistakes all around. Putting this on Browning is weak. Hard to say he didn't step up when his only faults once again came while he was running for life.
Fumble was just an incredible play by defenders. He was trying to do the right thing throwing it away and Auburn D just destroyed the play.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do expect better decisions from a 4th year QB that is running for his life. I saw their QB running for his life and converting all sorts of plays and first downs out of it. We have watched Wilson do that for years as Seahawk fans.

I'm not saying he should be another Wilson, but he panics at times and goes into running mode too fast, other times doesn't "feel" the rush coming and move out fast enough, and doesn't just throw it away when he really needs to.

Again, I wouldn't say he lost them that game. That's what simple fans say that look for one guy to blame everything on. I'm just saying he didn't carry the team and go make things happen either. And really he never has. That doesn't mean he won't ever, but he won't shake that mantra until he does make a game winning drive or huge comeback against a big time team.