• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6/5 Champs @ Philth

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lincecum with the Win

Casilla 1-2-3 9th for the save

Bullpen solid again

Buster player of the game...2-4 solo HR late in the game for the win

Duffy huge game 2-4 HR to right

Maxwell 2-4 HR 2 RBI...big game

Crawford #38 RBI of the year

Winning feels so so good.

Where is the closest craps table?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::yes::dingdingding::charlie:>>>>>>Winning ! hee hee

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cain to make a rehab start on Tuesday in Double AA Richmond.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be a HF, but wins is a ridiculous statistic (for evaluating a pitcher).

I get that, you're not wrong

But I just want to enjoy it when that kid does well. He is my favorite Giant, he was such an exciting, positive, GREAT guy to root for, and I'm still rooting and hoping for the best with him. So maybe I'm 'wrong' and the haters are 'right' and he sucks now....what does that cost me to have hoped for better?

How can anyone still be a hater after 3 in 5? This is the best time to be a Giants fan in history, literally. Let's give the kid props is all I'm saying.

Not trying to get all BoB here god knows one of them is enough, but this is supposed to be fun!

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I just want to enjoy it when that kid does well. He is my favorite Giant, he was such an exciting, positive, GREAT guy to root for, and I'm still rooting and hoping for the best with him. So maybe I'm 'wrong' and the haters are 'right' and he sucks now....what does that cost me to have hoped for better?

How can anyone still be a hater after 3 in 5? This is the best time to be a Giants fan in history, literally. Let's give the kid props is all I'm saying.

Not trying to get all BoB here god knows one of them is enough, but this is supposed to be fun!

BoB. Is that you? How'd you get MSG's SportsHoopla handle? :D

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a hater, it's just "X wins" isn't reason for applause (for anybody).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers lost again, 1/2 back again

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's right I am having a blast ! hee hee hee hee hee

Winning is so much better than losing. They say Chicks dig the long ball. Chicks also dig winning. I have never seen so many women at the ballpark before this run. There are a lot of women that are better fans than some of the men now. Candlestick could be a dreary place to be sometimes on those cold nights when the Giants were in last place and the hot chocolate turned into malts by the 3rd inning. Gotts to love the Gamer Babes. Man, I hope Kruk owns the rights to that saying. Winner.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right I am having a blast ! hee hee hee hee hee

Winning is so much better than losing. They say Chicks dig the long ball. Chicks also dig winning. I have never seen so many women at the ballpark before this run. There are a lot of women that are better fans than some of the men now. Candlestick could be a dreary place to be sometimes on those cold nights when the Giants were in last place and the hot chocolate turned into malts by the 3rd inning. Gotts to love the Gamer Babes. Man, I hope Kruk owns the rights to that saying. Winner.

You're a weird dude, BoB. Not hating, but man...

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a weird dude, BoB. Not hating, but man...

When you do things different then others and stand up for yourself ..people are going to say you are weird. It's all cool..give me 3 Titles in 5 years and how can you not have fun and enjoy this ride. I can live with the naysayers calling me weird. Dreamers always take a hit in life...but it's the Dreamers who are not afraid. As the great James Brown song goes ...I feel good .

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::yes::yes::yes:

on youtube...

1966 James Brown I feel good

posted by Vander.sp

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the face-palm. "wins" is a TEAM stat, not an individual stat. Do you not agree? Heard the expression "He got Cained" lately?

I know that, and I already said I agree with you. Then again, Tim is on pace to win 17-18 games (which he obviously won't). If you tell me a pitcher won 17 games one year, even though it's a team stat, that pitcher had a great year.

Also, Tim now leads the team (starters) in ERA. I don't know if he will finish the year at 3.29 or not. Probably not. But he is having his best year since 2011, we're 1/3 of the way in, and I'm excited by this and rooting for it. Some folks here seem too eager to ignore it, and that's everyone's right. Just not much fun for me.

Looking back I see you weren't really commenting on Tim per se, so maybe the Tim hater brigade doesn't include you. But 6 wins so far = a good year (so far).

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that, and I already said I agree with you. Then again, Tim is on pace to win 17-18 games (which he obviously won't). If you tell me a pitcher won 17 games one year, even though it's a team stat, that pitcher had a great year.

Also, Tim now leads the team (starters) in ERA. I don't know if he will finish the year at 3.29 or not. Probably not. But he is having his best year since 2011, we're 1/3 of the way in, and I'm excited by this and rooting for it. Some folks here seem too eager to ignore it, and that's everyone's right. Just not much fun for me.

Looking back I see you weren't really commenting on Tim per se, so maybe the Tim hater brigade doesn't include you. But 6 wins so far = a good year (so far).

I'd actually say that the team had a great year if a pitcher won 17-18 games (unless the pitcher had several shutouts).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you do things different then others and stand up for yourself ..people are going to say you are weird. It's all cool..give me 3 Titles in 5 years and how can you not have fun and enjoy this ride. I can live with the naysayers calling me weird. Dreamers always take a hit in life...but it's the Dreamers who are not afraid. As the great James Brown song goes ...I feel good .

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::yes::yes::yes:

on youtube...

1966 James Brown I feel good

posted by Vander.sp

People also say you are weird....when you are weird.
I'd actually say that the team had a great year if a pitcher won 17-18 games (unless the pitcher had several shutouts).

How about if that pitcher also led the starters in ERA, is that a good year for him?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about if that pitcher also led the starters in ERA, is that a good year for him?

Depends; was the rest of the staff awful? What was his FIP? WAR? PQS DOM/DIS %?

Those metrics mean much more to me than ERA and wins.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ERA i another pretty useless stat in a vacuum (IMHO). As are "saves". ERA is effected by the reliever who comes in after you let 2 guys on base.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one, single most important stat for a SP is probably IP. For a reliever, either WHIP or Opp OPS.