• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5.9 Stratomatic @ Philth

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We show signs of life...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we say this most of the time, but Belt looks okay out there. IDK why the Giants area always so averse to playing him out there.

The defense gets significantly worse with Belt in LF, Posey at 1st and Hundley catching as opposed to Blanco/Hernandez in LF, Belt at 1st and Posey catching, but I don't see why this can't be a once a week or so thing?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we say this most of the time, but Belt looks okay out there. IDK why the Giants area always so averse to playing him out there.

The defense gets significantly worse with Belt in LF, Posey at 1st and Hundley catching as opposed to Blanco/Hernandez in LF, Belt at 1st and Posey catching, but I don't see why this can't be a once a week or so thing?
???

I just sat down to see that fly ball/double and was going to post the exact opposite opinion. A good defender would have caught that ball without much effort.

Not that Belt can really be blamed there, though. He doesn’t have his outfield eyes yet.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

I just sat down to see that fly ball/double and was going to post the exact opposite opinion. A good defender would have caught that ball without much effort.

Not that Belt can really be blamed there, though. He doesn’t have his outfield eyes yet.

I don't think most guys get that ball. I think a number of them play that off the wall like Belt did. Sure the good ones get there.

But that last part is kinda part of my point. The fewer the Giants play him out there, the rougher it is when they do. If they did it more consistently, he could pass. As it is, he doesn't look like a guy who is playing left for the first time this year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think most guys get that ball. I think a number of them play that off the wall like Belt did. Sure the good ones get there.

But that last part is kinda part of my point. The fewer the Giants play him out there, the rougher it is when they do. If they did it more consistently, he could pass. As it is, he doesn't look like a guy who is playing left for the first time this year.
But he is an elite defensive 1B. And they have 4 OFers who are MLB-ready in Sacto. Why get him used to it when we are basically in an OF crunch already?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we cut Law, please? Let’s see what Black can do.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when every other team wanted Law in trade talks??

TINSTAAPT

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he is an elite defensive 1B. And they have 4 OFers who are MLB-ready in Sacto. Why get him used to it when we are basically in an OF crunch already?

I'd be playing Slater everyday right now (as mentioned in another thread), but Slater isn't around right now so I'm exploring other options with what we have

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be playing Slater everyday right now (as mentioned in another thread), but Slater isn't around right now so I'm exploring other options with what we have
I don’t argue against that point. Why we have Jax, Blanco AND Gorkys on the team at the same time is beyond me. Department of Redundancy Department.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t argue against that point. Why we have Jax, Blanco AND Gorkys on the team at the same time is beyond me. Department of Redundancy Department.

It was weird to open the season and it's still weird right now. Gorkys has like 3 good games total. IDK

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was weird to open the season and it's still weird right now. Gorkys has like 3 good games total. IDK

Austin Jackson is only a “couple good games away from turning things around” per Bochy

In other news, I’m only a couple classes away from getting a degree in Economics.

Narrator: He was not close to any such Economics degree. He sucked at Econ. Sure he took a class once and might only need “a couple more”. But a couple can be 5-6 and just because you could doesn’t mean you actually could succeed at it

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Jackson is only a “couple good games away from turning things around” per Bochy

In other news, I’m only a couple classes away from getting a degree in Economics.

Narrator: He was not close to any such Economics degree. He sucked at Econ. Sure he took a class once and might only need “a couple more”. But a couple can be 5-6 and just because you could doesn’t mean you actually could succeed at it
Someone watches WAY too much Arrested Development.

Not you. Not me. And I can’t imagine what the limit could be. But SOMEONE watches too much...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And between the 3 of them, I would much rather see Jax kicked to the curb.