• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6/18 GDT Huddy @ ChiSox

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Gregor Blanco (L) LF
2. Hunter Pence (R) RF
3. Buster Posey (R) C
4. Pablo Sandoval (S) 3B
5. Michael Morse (R) DH
6. Joaquin Arias (R) 1B
7. Brandon Hicks (R) 2B
8. Ehire Adrianza (S) SS
9. Juan Perez (R) CF

Disaster lineup. Oxy, Stamos out.

Don't want to predict this game; not confident we can score vs. Sale.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may not have to, just somehow get to the bullpen and win 2-1 perhaps? Seems impossible with how this team has been playing lately but baseball is funny that way.

Again, not sure why Blanco in there vs one of the toughest lefties in baseball. Where's Colvin?

And that lineup looks positively late 2011. Injuries will do that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just feast your eyes on the 6-9 hitters... :L

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't Colvin play left, Blanco center if you need him to lead off? Is Colvin hurt too?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just feast your eyes on the 6-9 hitters... :L

All 4 total a ..... drum roll please .... .685 ..... not sure if it could get any worse than what we are seeing here. Makes Huddy's task near impossible .... one mistake and it could be over ....

Now that the 'glow' from the early part of the season is wearing off I'm starting to wonder about what's really happening here. How can we be in mid June and still trot out 2 starters everyday that are below the mendoza line. Today we have 4! At the beginning of this year we all said pretty much the same things ... Timmah 3.0 needs to show up immediately. Cainer needs to recover from the prior year. Voggy was a question. Hudson was expected to be OK and Bum was Bum!. Worked well through May. Now starting to wonder about the SP. Cain needs to do something. I just don't no what. Think he's lost some velosity and now his pitches are hammered if they are up. Vioggy has been ok but wavering. Timmah is still a question mark. Shows some signs of getting it together and then throws 100 pitches through 4 innings and struggles. Loved Hicks early on. Big hits. Not many but all big. Now it's none. Somebody talked about 'Cluster Luck' at one time. The ability to get 6 hits in a game but 4 of them in the same inning for quite a few runs and a win. Not too much any more. Panda seems to be recovering. Pence is doing well in my book. Posey is struuggling ... for Posey. Losing Belt hurt. Crawford has slid some since the early part of the season and now we have our own Mendoza parade of hitters ... .

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 4 total a ..... drum roll please .... .685 ..... not sure if it could get any worse than what we are seeing here. Makes Huddy's task near impossible .... one mistake and it could be over ....

Now that the 'glow' from the early part of the season is wearing off I'm starting to wonder about what's really happening here. How can we be in mid June and still trot out 2 starters everyday that are below the mendoza line. Today we have 4! At the beginning of this year we all said pretty much the same things ... Timmah 3.0 needs to show up immediately. Cainer needs to recover from the prior year. Voggy was a question. Hudson was expected to be OK and Bum was Bum!. Worked well through May. Now starting to wonder about the SP. Cain needs to do something. I just don't no what. Think he's lost some velosity and now his pitches are hammered if they are up. Vioggy has been ok but wavering. Timmah is still a question mark. Shows some signs of getting it together and then throws 100 pitches through 4 innings and struggles. Loved Hicks early on. Big hits. Not many but all big. Now it's none. Somebody talked about 'Cluster Luck' at one time. The ability to get 6 hits in a game but 4 of them in the same inning for quite a few runs and a win. Not too much any more. Panda seems to be recovering. Pence is doing well in my book. Posey is struuggling ... for Posey. Losing Belt hurt. Crawford has slid some since the early part of the season and now we have our own Mendoza parade of hitters ... .

This is most of your answer, once Belt and Pagan are back in the lineup it looks a lot better. Add in a 2B we will surely get in July and we're ok.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hudsdon gets the ball in a stoppers situation today. This would be a big win if he can take down Sale and the White Sox on the road. This is a game that should be something like 2-1 or 3-2 so the Giants have to play small ball and move runners over and get then in when they have chances. Giants lead now down to 5 games over Dodgers but the key is for the Giants to play their game and get out of town with a split any way possible. There is rain out there but the game should be played in full.

Picks to click...TEAM ball....Just get it done

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::thrasher::headbanger::grouphug::yes:

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is most of your answer, once Belt and Pagan are back in the lineup it looks a lot better. Add in a 2B we will surely get in July and we're ok.

yep ... has a similar feel to last year when Pagan went out. We were playing OK and then just headed south as time wore on. The loss of Belt hurt and I think when you put some of the others (minor) on top of that it starts taking its toll. Pagan out for a while. Posey's back. Scoots gone all year and Hicks declining rapidly. Morse has been a god-send for us. I guess there is depth and then there is depth! I'm guessing we have just about depleted any and everything we have .... but we were so torrid in the early going that we can still hold position as we work this out. Nice position to be in.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oxy not avail even to PH...he's on his way to Arizona for a second opinion about his back.

Just like Franchez and Scoots....

This season is unravelling quickly.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oxy not avail even to PH...he's on his way to Arizona for a second opinion about his back.

Just like Franchez and Scoots....

This season is unravelling quickly.

Ah, shit...

And Brown is getting his "bust" carved by the artists as we speak, so he will likely not be any help. Maybe we change our trade focus to OF and promote Panik?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, shit...

And Brown is getting his "bust" carved by the artists as we speak, so he will likely not be any help. Maybe we change our trade focus to OF and promote Panik?

Maybe they need to see if Duvall has any OF chopps...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, shit...

I get the distinct impression that it really isn't going to matter...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the distinct impression that it really isn't going to matter...

Why are you such a downer lately? I get that the team has played like shit for a week+ but we still have a great record, it's June, we have some guys coming back and a front office who will make moves...

And it's baseball, do you get this down every year during every rough stretch? Maybe so... :noidea:
Not the strongest fandom...

Which team would you rather be rooting for right now? Who's so much better off that nothing we do is 'going to matter'?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 ABs, 2 Ks

We're not going to win today vs Sale, we gotta get to their pen.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you such a downer lately? I get that the team has played like shit for a week+ but we still have a great record, it's June, we have some guys coming back and a front office who will make moves...

And it's baseball, do you get this down every year during every rough stretch? Maybe so... :noidea:
Not the strongest fandom...

Which team would you rather be rooting for right now? Who's so much better off that nothing we do is 'going to matter'?

I'm depressed because I see this season going down the shithole. Cain looks broken, Timmy IS broken, Tron and Huddy feel like borrowed time.

Belt is out; Scoots is done; Posey isn't Posey; Oxy is hurt again; Romo is suspect.

Do I get this down every year? Nope. But this feels different, especially given our historic start.

As for "what team I'd rather root for?" None. This is my team, and it sucks to be a fan of it right now.

I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't feel like it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, this Sale cat seems pretty good...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm depressed because I see this season going down the shithole. Cain looks broken, Timmy IS broken, Tron and Huddy feel like borrowed time.

Belt is out; Scoots is done; Posey isn't Posey; Oxy is hurt again; Romo is suspect.

Do I get this down every year? Nope. But this feels different, especially given our historic start.

As for "what team I'd rather root for?" None. This is my team, and it sucks to be a fan of it right now.

Well, I guess I'm trying to say you can look at this exact same team and see a lot of positives, or a lot of negatives, and it's up to you which way you wanna go. Your way seems less fun.

And I didn't mean 'which team would you rather...' in the sense of picking another team to root for, I meant for the issues the Giants have can you name a team with significantly fewer to deal with?

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hang in there. It could always be worse - you could be a Sharks fan.