• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6.16 Cy Young @ Los Doyers

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From when the pitch was thrown to when the play ended, the Giants improved their position.

I am right about this.
I guess its frame of reference. I would have traded 90 feet for an out, so sure.

But once the ball was in the air, from THAT POINT, we were net negative.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its frame of reference. I would have traded 90 feet for an out, so sure.

But once the ball was in the air, from THAT POINT, we were net negative.
It looked like a home movie from when my boys played Tee Ball

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but he should have been calling them the hell off like their lives depended on it.

And they would have if I was playing third.

Who's to say Schmitt was not calling for it?

However, what it LOOKED like was that Bailey was taking charge, and then glimpsed at Schmitt and thought to himself, "Hmm, he ought to take it." Hard to know with all the noise in the stadium.

Still, a memorable video (and the Giants won!

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's to say Schmitt was not calling for it?

However, what it LOOKED like was that Bailey was taking charge, and then glimpsed at Schmitt and thought to himself, "Hmm, he ought to take it." Hard to know with all the noise in the stadium.

Still, a memorable video (and the Giants won!
I'm not talking about calling for it like you're in a library. I'm talking about owning it, waving everyone off with your arms, and screaming like a pissed off drill sargeant, so there is NO question that you're going to take it.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sad about that. I liked the guy. No prospect love despite the fact that he produced at every level. Got bounced back and forth a bit last year but showed some promise. Yeah, he's scuffled badly after a decent start to the season but it seems a bit early to throw him out. With Schmitt needing to work on his hitting and Davis possibly going on the IL, I'd like to see the Giants give him some more time. Yesterday proved that they can win without immediate results from the 3rd baseman. Why not let him sink or swim these next couple of weeks?
i did too. Time to move on we wasted enough time Ramos. Lessons learned. Next!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

VR was awesome last year at the MLB level. He is in a serious funk now, and everyone wants to toss him out the window right away?

He isn’t/has never been a top prospect, I get that. But he is “free” and has a track record of being a decent/good player. I say give him rope AT LEAST through the ‘24 season.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

VR was awesome last year at the MLB level. He is in a serious funk now, and everyone wants to toss him out the window right away?

He isn’t/has never been a top prospect, I get that. But he is “free” and has a track record of being a decent/good player. I say give him rope AT LEAST through the ‘24 season.
sure, I agree. I'm not for DFAing the guy. More likely, he's going to bounce between Sacto and SF. He'll get the rest of the year at least to turn it around.