• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am proud of this team making the playoffs and think its a huge step in moving forward. What pisses me off is the lack of fight. I mean the last 2 home games we have been dominated besides the first 5 minutes of game 3.

What was working? Forechecking and hitting. What let us down Dumb penalties and horrible goaltending.

I just want to see some heart and push back. Lets not let this be this easy.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been, here in a relative center of some intelligence a lot less "FIRE HAKSTOL!! HE SUCKS!" for which I am greatful. You can not blame the coach when the team doesn't play. When they do show up and play they win...and they do it playing his system. Yes, when they don't win...it is also his system.

G had a great regular season. His playoffs, not so much. Anyone who thought that the Flyers would beat the Penguins or that G would dominate this series was living in a dream. The Flyers simply are not deep enough in enough areas to beat the Penguins in a 7 game series. They would have needed G, and Voracek AND Simmonds AND ... all the way through the lineup. On the plus side, the Flyers "depth" lines..3 and 4 both played much better than the Penguins for long stretches at a time. The problem was that the Penguins top two lines are just that much better.

And the Goaltending.

Elliot is a decent goalie. He is not a great goalie. I am not convinced that Murray is either, but he is better than Elliot. He also does not have to deal with one defensive pairing that is as likely to cause the offensive chance as they are to clear the puck. Neuvirth is done. Mrazek was an emergency pick up and should not be back. It will be Elliot and someone for one more year with Hart maybe getting a look late in the season unless Hart blows everyone's doors off in training camp.

Say goodbye to Filppula (not his fault, he is just done), Oduya, Read, most likely Manning and I am sure a few others. All are UFA's. If the team is to be better moving forward a player like Filppula, who is coming to the end of their career, can not be in your top 6 unless they are a legit top 6 to begin with...he was always borderline when at his peak.

Hextall promised a 5 year plan. 5 Years to get back to cup contention. This was year 3. They have made the playoffs two of the 3 years under Hakstol with flawed teams in transition. By the 5th year the team projects to have added Frost, Ratcliffe, Rubstov, Morin and Myers. Reece Willcox, Danick Martel and Pascal Laberge (if he can stay healthy) should also be in the mix along with Mike Vecchione (who more than likely lost the numbers game because of the signing of Weiss and Lehtera). Then add Carter Hart.

There is a lot to look forward to. There are going to be some hard changes that still need to be made. But we are still making progress. Konecny, Patrick, Ghost, Provorov...Sanheim has shown he belongs. Hagg as well. There is a lot to be excited with...it just hurts when they get spanked on home ice...and the top 6 don't push back.
This is a good post, I think this irks us more than anything, at least for me now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great question, who did show up? Pens stars certainly did (Crosby, Malkin and Kessel). Flyers on the other hand, G, Jake, Coots/Wayne? have been invisible. I think the only players who I can honestly say showed up each game are Prov and Patrick. I would not mind losing this series, making the playoffs was a legitimate goal for this squad, but to be embarrassed like this unacceptable.
This post sums up exactly what i want to say about this team.

Lose a series is fine but to be embarrassed is unacceptable.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didnt look prepared at all last night.
Read taking a dumb penalty right away and them scoring was a kick in the balls.

Elliot giving up a fucking softy to Kessel was a killer.

Konecny not finishing before the end of the first

Elliot giving up another fucking softy to make it 3-0

And everytime we had a good chance Murray shut us down

Our goaltending as per usual is the problem. Elliot was fucking brutal last night
The third goal was a tip in by by McDonald. It was beautiful except it was for the other team.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am proud of this team making the playoffs and think its a huge step in moving forward. What pisses me off is the lack of fight. I mean the last 2 home games we have been dominated besides the first 5 minutes of game 3.

What was working? Forechecking and hitting. What let us down Dumb penalties and horrible goaltending.

I just want to see some heart and push back. Lets not let this be this easy.
What let us down is scoring 0 goals and a total of 1 goal in two home games.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our day will come big guy. We will soon enough be the top dawg in our conference. Our youngsters are learning the NHL game still and frankly, we need to make some moves this offseason to make that next step. I predict in 2 seasons we will be raising the cup. I can remember saying this to my buddy about the Eagles this past season. For me, it's like a gut reaction when you know it's your time. We have come so close a few times. I think both the FLyers and Sixers will be winning a title in the very near future.
Just remember, we took care of the Rags finally. That was killing both of us being owned the past few years. The same will happen with the Pens. They have a much shorter window to win than we do. They probably have 2 realistic seasons to win a cup again. We are just now scratching the surface.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this i
Our day will come big guy. We will soon enough be the top dawg in our conference. Our youngsters are learning the NHL game still and frankly, we need to make some moves this offseason to make that next step. I predict in 2 seasons we will be raising the cup. I can remember saying this to my buddy about the Eagles this past season. For me, it's like a gut reaction when you know it's your time. We have come so close a few times. I think both the FLyers and Sixers will be winning a title in the very near future.
Just remember, we took care of the Rags finally. That was killing both of us being owned the past few years. The same will happen with the Pens. They have a much shorter window to win than we do. They probably have 2 realistic seasons to win a cup again. We are just now scratching the surface.
Our day will come has been going on for 43 years now.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing is the only word that comes to mind when i think about this series.
Well, at least we scored 1 goal in 2 home playoff games vs. being shut out in both.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakstol on Manning/Gudas pair: “they’ve been solid”

Me: you’re a fucking idiot.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindblom shouldnt be in the lineup either. He is producing nothing and isnt ready

Fillpulla is done

Read is a useless tit.

Put Hagg and Weise in the lineup and see what happens.

Id even try Leier

Suggest Weise is gross rap. I’d rather have you out there.

The rest is fine.