• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4th Annual Home Opener

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be there in spirit.....Busy time of year for me.....I'll get there one of these years. Represent the D fellas and make it proud.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any new peeps going this year, Meow is taking a big financial gamble by buying all of our tix before he gets paid for them.

Make sure to get that $$ sent to him as soon as he gets the tickets and we know the price per. It's also good form to buy him a beer during golf/tailgating/game as a thank you for making the whole weekend possible...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few of my favorite places to eat downtown, in no particular order:

Slo's BBQ -- the food is unreal and the prices are very reasonable. also serves a big selection of beer and if i remember correctly, also microbrews. if you guys haven't eaten here yet -- you have to try it this year.

Sweetwater Tavern -- they have some of the best chicken wings you will taste. they marinade them for 24 hours before they serve them. I can't really vouche for anything else here, as that is all i have eaten there. but if you like chicken wings -- it is a great place to go.

Lafayette Coney Island -- nothing really special about this place, but they have great coney dogs and really fast service. It has been a staple downtown for the last couple decades.

Right in Greektown -- They have quite a few places. If you like Greek food -- Pegasus Taverna is probably the best for that. Fishbone's has some good Cajun Food, though I am not much of a fan of that place. If you like deep dish pizza -- Pizzapopalis has some really good pizza. All of those are within walking distance of the hotel you guys are staying at.

Outside of the food places -- this one is just a bar, not somewhere to eat -- if you haven't went and checked out the Ol' Shellilagh (sp) -- you should give it a try. The upstairs at the place -- they have a old irish band that sings and it is a good time. If you don't like really loud enviroments though -- I would steer clear, as it is a sing a long type of place and it gets REALLY loud. It is a really good time. Used to go there all the time, but haven't went in a couple years.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any new peeps going this year, Meow is taking a big financial gamble by buying all of our tix before he gets paid for them.

Make sure to get that $$ sent to him as soon as he gets the tickets and we know the price per. It's also good form to buy him a beer during golf/tailgating/game as a thank you for making the whole weekend possible...

Does he have paypal? I'll paypal him ASAP np.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slo's BBQ -- the food is unreal and the prices are very reasonable. also serves a big selection of beer and if i remember correctly, also microbrews. if you guys haven't eaten here yet -- you have to try it this year.

We have been there 3 years now. That seems to be the place we end up choosing bc it's soooo damn good. Their Mac and cheese is outta this world.

Outside of the food places -- this one is just a bar, not somewhere to eat -- if you haven't went and checked out the Ol' Shellilagh (sp) -- you should give it a try. The upstairs at the place -- they have a old irish band that sings and it is a good time. If you don't like really loud enviroments though -- I would steer clear, as it is a sing a long type of place and it gets REALLY loud. It is a really good time. Used to go there all the time, but haven't went in a couple years.

My girlfriend Aleta and I went there last year. Everyone went to bed early and we weren't done having fun. It was an absolute blast. The third floor, the top deck thing, kinda sucked but the main level with dancing was fun as well as the live band on second level. I just drank way too much and didn't enjoy the tailgate, unless u consider puking behind dumpsters enjoyable. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My girlfriend Aleta and I went there last year. Everyone went to bed early and we weren't done having fun. It was an absolute blast. The third floor, the top deck thing, kinda sucked but the main level with dancing was fun as well as the live band on second level. I just drank way too much and didn't enjoy the tailgate, unless u consider puking behind dumpsters enjoyable.

LOL -- yeah -- that pretty much described every evening I've ever had at OS. Once you get to the 2nd floor and the band is playing -- you end up getting absolutely bombed and don't even realize it until you try to leave and you can barely walk. Can't tell you how many times I have almost took a header down that staircase.

Definitely a good time though. Outside of OS, most of the places are just watering type holes, unless you want to go to an actual night club. The Well is across the parking lot from OS and is great during Tigers season, never went there before a Lions game. Town Pump is a nice place to go to -- it is right down the street from HockeyTown Cafe -- they have a great selection of beers on tap and usually have some sort of band on the weekends.

Some other places -- Foran's has basically all the Michigan microbrews if you like that kind of beer. Sky Bar and Level Two are where you will see alot of the younger crowds and it is very easy on the eyes.

I'm not really sure of the ages of everyone going. I have been to pretty much every bar and restaurant downtown, sans the night clubs, as I have never been one for drugs, glow sticks and my ears ringing after a night out. If you give me an idea of what you are looking for or have a place you'd like to know about -- just ask and if I don't know, I can find out.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100 times yes for Slows. My sister had her wedding recital dinner there last winter and I lived off of pulled pork and mac n cheese left overs for a whole week afterwards. Fishbones is my other favorite place in the D, but Slows is no.1

As for partying, I'm a real laid back, low lay type. I don't drink much, and don't get drunk. But I'll get you guys high as hell off the best shit in Detroit, and I make a hell of a wing man with the ladies. :-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't tell you how many times I have almost took a header down that staircase.
Funny u mention that fuckin staircase. Aleta almost broke her damn neck trying to keep her cup from spilling as she was almost tumbling down them. Hilarious.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you give me an idea of what you are looking for or have a place you'd like to know about -- just ask and if I don't know, I can find out.
there is a mixture of ages and sexualitites(TP, but we don't hold it against him). So really we need to hear from everyone else what they feel like doing. I know last year wasn't fun Sunday morning so I won't be getting too hammered Sat night. I'd like to enjoy tailgating and the game much more this year. So swarm, bring the green stuff yo!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm down for the best shit in Detroit!!! And Pizzapopolis and OS (My buddy took a spill on those one night after a Tigers game) and Pegasus... And ....fuck I'm down for whatever, especially the bathhouses Tpaul tells me aboot.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Town Pump is pretty laid back. It gets pretty packed in there though on the weekends, but they have tables, booth, couches, etc. as seating.

Hockeytown isn't bad if the deck is open, if you are just looking to get some drinks and hang out, same goes for Cheli's. Those all are pretty laid back places. All of them about a 10 minute walk from Greektown.

Loco's has margarita's if you like that, it is two minutes from Greektown. Niki's has a little outside patio, though I'm not a fan of their food. The Detroiter is another hole in the wall bar with a little patio outside where you can drink and is only a 2 minute walk from Greektown.

It is all based on preference and what kind of ambience you are looking for. They have loud and obnoxious bars (OS). They have laid back hole in wall bar/restaurants (The Detroiter, Niki's, Loco's, The Well). They have microbrew bars (Detroit Beer Co., Atwater Brewery, Motor City Brewing). They have novelty bars (Cheli's, Hockeytown). They have the popular bars for the younger crowds (Level 2, Townpump, etc.)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are looking for gentleman clubs -- bazooki's is about it downtown and personally I don't really like the place. probably the two best GC's by downtown Detroit is The Hustler Club in Lincoln Park (about 10 minute cab ride) and Subi's in Southgate (about a 15 minute cab ride).

if distance isn't an issue -- the best GC in the area is the flight club on Michigan Ave in Romulus. that is about a 25 minute ride from downtown.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Town Pump was great when they used to have cigarette girls. Those were the days...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been there 3 years now. That seems to be the place we end up choosing bc it's soooo damn good. Their Mac and cheese is outta this world.

We've been going to Red Smoke, if I'm not mistaken. I'd love to try Slo's, heard a lot of good things about it...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No puking behind the dumpster in your neon sign shoes this year Playa?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And RobBase- BIG yes on the green sticky! :)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also @ Rob- if Meow doesn't have PayPal I do, so if need be you could pay me and then I'd just put that amount extra in the check I'll send him.

I can do that for anyone interested, actually... Might streamline the payment process since he's nice enough to put all of our tix on his credit card...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been going to Red Smoke, if I'm not mistaken
You sure? Well whatever damn place we went to, it has been fire every year. mmmmmmmm

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And fire is good, so I'm told...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lower bowl options are end zone corners and end zone, Mezzanine end zone, and upper bowl excluding sections 329-333. Preferences?? Please provide your thoughts?