• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Broncos

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our offense was pretty much at full strength. The game was over by the time Kilgore went down. Not saying we didn't have a lot of injuries but that game wasn't just a "we lost because we had injuries." Nothing worked, no one played well. Id love to think this game was only because of injuries, but I don't.

We will NEVER be full strength. I'm sensing this weird hope where we will magically get everyone back/healthy around the same week and make an amazing push. The fact is who knows when Bowman or anyone with an injury is even coming back. Like I said we will have to contine to play with injuries (every team does) but we need to have a better showing than that (especially on offense) even when we are down players. I think last night was kind of craz with how many injuries we had, yes, but there really wasn't one bright spot the entire night. We did have some starters in there. They shit the bed.

We need to figure out how to win games with back ups or I can't see us being in many games against better teams (or on the road). And unless the stars align and the magic or health/suspensions ending hit at the same spot, the back ups need to play better or we we fucked. I think I'm being pessimistic here by the way. I'll cool off in a couple days. I guess I just don't like this "we need to tread water until everyone gets healthy" narrative so many are clinging to.

That and we do not know how they will play when they come back from injury. I will be surprised if Bowman is his old self this year. It will be fun to see what Aldon and Lynch can do together.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that game sucked!!:gaah:.
That is all ,carry on.:tape:

No doubt. Both of our teams blow chunks right now, but I am not writing off either one of them.

Go Hawks.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers should trade for a center. Martin didn't look good.

Wrong Martin. Marcus was inactive. Jonathan played guard when they had to move Looney to center.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, rewatching this one wasn't as bad as the losses usually are. Most of that was because a game in Denver, is probably second only to a game in Seattle where the primetime hype can easily overwhelm an opponent. On top of that, you had Manning going for an all time record, and we went in not even close to full strength, which further put us behind the 8-ball. I figured we needed an all time effort to be competitive, and couldn't afford the slightest mistakes. Instead, we really gave them the opportunities that we absolutely couldn't afford. The final score doesn't truly reflect either team, really....just as the blowouts we take at Seattle (although a lot of Sea fans seem to believe that).

Kaepernick wasn't all bad. He faced a lot of man coverage, which is rare so far in his career, but has seen it more recently, and is his preferred coverage to go against. He started out very good, but drops reared their ugly heads. I expect them from V. Davis, although that was a big gain for the taking, but when Crabtree and Boldin (an easy TD) are committing crimes, that's a bad sign. Granted, some of the guys did make some pretty outstanding grabs. The bad interception, and the missed deep throw to Lloyd, were the final straws. The running game was null (as I figured going with no Iupati) and unit in general simply couldn't protect #7. A very poor outing from the front five.

Defensively, you're almost always in a hole to start with when you go against an all time great quarterback. Given the entirety of the situation, nobody should be surprised by the outcome. Missing the all pro players, having little to no pass rush (although Lynch got a few pressures) and a secondary that was somewhat ripe for the picking. SF mixed it up defensively (can't blame either coaches for their plans) but it's simply a matter of being overmatched.

The final flush of this toilet was the season ending injury to Kilgore. I hate seeing that to anybody (well....I wouldn't mind seeing a life ending play to garbage like Ray Lewis, but anyways) but I guess the bye couldn't come at a better time. Looks like we might get to see Marcus Martin for the rest of the season, and hopefully we can get that unit in line somewhat. Aldon Smith's suspension may be lifted sooner that expected, and the return of Willis and hopefully Bowman down the stretch.