• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49/144 underclassman who declared for the NFL early, didn't get picked

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
basketball you can go back as long as you dont hire an agent

There is a big exception in basketball though.

If you announce that you are coming out early, and don't sign an agent, and don't get picked, you can return
to school...HOWEVER, you can never be drafted again. You can sign on as a free agent, but you only get one shot
at being drafted and getting the big bucks, upfront.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 year degree in gender theory with a D average wouldn’t of gotten much anyways.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually with this kid, I know he tried, or is still in the process of suing the the NCAA over a PED issue of lost time for suspension. Could have played a part too maybe.
They denied his appeal. He is technically not an early departure.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it for the kids but, as expected, those Saban urged to stay for more development (and caught shit from the media for) either didn't go near as high as they thought or didn't get drafted at all.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damarea Crockett declaring didn't make a ton of sense. Probably better off going FCS for his senior year instead.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with letting them back is that coaches need to adapt to their departure prior to the draft. Short of allowing extra scholarships for those who return, coaches would have to pull offers all ready made to high schoolers.
I think the NCAA could have some rule about overflow scholarships for these players - pending approval by the NCAA. If player X leaves early, they can also apply for that scholarship waiver and come back if undrafted.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a big exception in basketball though.

If you announce that you are coming out early, and don't sign an agent, and don't get picked, you can return
to school...HOWEVER, you can never be drafted again. You can sign on as a free agent, but you only get one shot
at being drafted and getting the big bucks, upfront.

Didn’t know the part about not being able to be drafted

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball if going to be even worse.
basketball you can go back as long as you dont hire an agent

I think actually now in basketball you can go back even if you did "hire" an agent, as long as you didn't accept any benefits. Like the agent paying for you to go to one of those combine preparation clinics. Which is the first thing most agents do.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think actually now in basketball you can go back even if you did "hire" an agent, as long as you didn't accept any benefits. Like the agent paying for you to go to one of those combine preparation clinics. Which is the first thing most agents do.
I think you can go back with an agent but you need to withdraw your name before the draft. Once the draft happens, you are fucked.

I read here that if you go undrafted with an agent you can go back but I have not heard that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did any of these guys not get picked up as undrafted free agents though?

These guys are still playing NFL football in August. And some of the underclassmen drafted in rounds 5-7 might get cut the same day anyway.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did any of these guys not get picked up as undrafted free agents though?

These guys are still playing NFL football in August. And some of the underclassmen drafted in rounds 5-7 might get cut the same day anyway.
LJ Scott signed with the ravens is all i know

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t know the part about not being able to be drafted

I never did until around 10 years ago, when it was written in a paper about some player who didn't get drafted
early, returned to school, but had used up his only chance in Basketball to be drafted.

Hell, in baseball you can be drafted out of HS, after two years of JUCO ball. After two years if you redshirted
and are 21 in college. After your Junior Year and obviously after your senior year. But you only get one chance
in basketball.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called Life. You make decisions and you have to live with them. There are no mulligans on many things in life that are important so you need to get your head straight and then live with whatever decision(s) you made. Some kid whining about not getting drafted doesn't understand he could have stayed in school, worked on his degree and maybe have developed a bit more and done better later? How stupid are these people......or entitled.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called Life. You make decisions and you have to live with them. There are no mulligans on many things in life that are important so you need to get your head straight and then live with whatever decision(s) you made. Some kid whining about not getting drafted doesn't understand he could have stayed in school, worked on his degree and maybe have developed a bit more and done better later? How stupid are these people......or entitled.
not a lot of kids now days want to put in the hard work.....props to the ones who do

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D5MZpDVWkAIbxL3

Interesting aspect that doesn't seem to get much coverage. Basically 1/3 players to declare early for the NFL did not get drafted. I feel like the NCAA needs to adapt and let these players back into school.
What about the ones who thought they were top round guys but ended up in the lower rounds? Do they get another chance too?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the ones who thought they were top round guys but ended up in the lower rounds? Do they get another chance too?
No, because they got drafted.