• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4706 Looking Onward: Plans and Speculation geared for a Cup Run

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Dreger reporting that Maple Leafs will make another run for JVR. This sounds to me that Homer has the advantage in a trade if he is willing to trade JVR. If JVR is dealt, at the very least we have to get Luke Schenn. I would love to get a pick as well and then use the pick to try and get Gill to add Dmen depth for a huge playoff run.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Dreger reporting that Maple Leafs will make another run for JVR. This sounds to me that Homer has the advantage in a trade if he is willing to trade JVR. If JVR is dealt, at the very least we have to get Luke Schenn. I would love to get a pick as well and then use the pick to try and get Gill to add Dmen depth for a huge playoff run.

Huge playoff run is what i like to hear.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they are being very wierd with JVR right now in practice. reports that he wont talk to reporters and he keeps leaving early for reasons they wont disclose...take that for what you will.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are being very wierd with JVR right now in practice. reports that he wont talk to reporters and he keeps leaving early for reasons they wont disclose...take that for what you will.

Hopefully he's fine so that we can get someone we could use for him.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Luke Schenn for JVR "not likely" according to source..for now at least

Now I know Eklund isn't reliable by any any stretch of the imagination, but with what he says along with Dredger who is reliable I have some hope that we're in the drivers seat now. If that is the case then I think we may need to ooh at upping things a bit and making this a bigger trade that will set us up past this season if we can't find any other help on D.

I propose a JVR, Carle & a 3rd Florida's(might have to give them our 2nd) for Schenn, Franson & a 1st. It's known that Burke loves JVR and needs help on the offensive side of things, including Carle would help their PP(which isn't bad) that depends on Phaneuf and Liles(who's been injured) on their back end. Plus it would give them another D-man who can eat top 4 minutes. In return we'd get more size and grit, younger on the back end, an rfa in place of a ufa and another 1st round pick to build the farm. This would be one of the bigger trades of the season I would think and while we'd be giving up a good deal we'd imo be putting ourselves in a better place for the next few years.

This is probably wishful thinking, but if there's even a chance the Flyers have the upper hand in the discussions then we might as well start big and get value.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think if it happens, it will be close to jvr for schenn straight up.. i dont think a 1st round pick is going to go either way.. maybe something like a 2nd for a 3rd switch in either direction

i'm not sure if toronto will like that deal, but i kinda like the idea of sending carle with jvr for schenn and franson

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think if it happens, it will be close to jvr for schenn straight up.. i dont think a 1st round pick is going to go either way.. maybe something like a 2nd for a 3rd switch in either direction

i'm not sure if toronto will like that deal, but i kinda like the idea of sending carle with jvr for schenn and franson

I think Toronto realizes that they need help offensively and that includes the PP, 2 d-men can't run both units they're just not deep enough up front. The thing ins JVR and Carle both have good trade value to buble teams and while Schenn is valuable Franson is still unproven to a degree but will turn into a good top 4. The picks are to even out the fact that Carle is worth a great deal more then Franson to a team not yet in the playoffs, plus Carle does have some good oct season experience. I know it may not be the ideal deal for Tor, but it may be the deal that addresses the most weaknesses without given up a ton in terms of picks/prospects.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we can get something done here before another team swoops in and makes a better offer and we lose out.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Toronto realizes that they need help offensively and that includes the PP, 2 d-men can't run both units they're just not deep enough up front. The thing ins JVR and Carle both have good trade value to buble teams and while Schenn is valuable Franson is still unproven to a degree but will turn into a good top 4. The picks are to even out the fact that Carle is worth a great deal more then Franson to a team not yet in the playoffs, plus Carle does have some good oct season experience. I know it may not be the ideal deal for Tor, but it may be the deal that addresses the most weaknesses without given up a ton in terms of picks/prospects.

maybe i undervalue our players, but i dont think toronto would give up a first in that deal.. i could see that deal going through without picks too.. or maybe a non-1st from toronto and nothing from us

IMO a 2nd is worth a lot less then having a 3rd instead of a 1st.. if that makes sense?..

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe i undervalue our players, but i dont think toronto would give up a first in that deal.. i could see that deal going through without picks too.. or maybe a non-1st from toronto and nothing from us

IMO a 2nd is worth a lot less then having a 3rd instead of a 1st.. if that makes sense?..

I get what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure everyone undervalues Carle.

I just think with the current trade market that JVR & Carle are worth more then Schenn & Franson. Getting Tor's 1st prob won't happen, but I could see them including a pick if they wanted to make a deal like that as they'd have to make up some value, possibly a 2nd. I don't know I just would really like to see us end up with 2 1st's this year seeing as we need to start drafting well and re-fill our prospect pool on D. I'd also really love to move up in the draft this year to top 5-10 somehow that way we'd be sure to get a blue chip D prospect.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with awaz. I say try to get Schenn for JVR straight up or as close to that as possible. They can still go after some one like Hal Gill since he will only be a short term answer and would be gone after the season. No need to trade Carle. Keep him until the end of the season and then let him go. Take his money and put it towards going after a big time guy like Suter who would be a long term answer/replacement for Pronger.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Pro_Sports_Talk is saying the flyers are trying to get Schenn without moving JvR now.. i'm fine, even good, with keeping JvR, but i have no idea how they plan on getting schenn without him

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we just traded for matt ford???

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please be this year's Leino trade for us.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Size: 6'1 200

looks like he's more offensive, scored 23 goals in 76 AHL games last season

oh wow i had just assumed he was a d-man.. he's a forward.. huh?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like a move for the phantoms to make a run?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, thought he was d too.

Now instead of MAB/Lilja/Marshall we have MAB and Lilja.

SCHENN AND GILL!!!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor kid has the world's most generic name

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Pro_Sports_Talk is saying the flyers are trying to get Schenn without moving JvR now.. i'm fine, even good, with keeping JvR, but i have no idea how they plan on getting schenn without him

This is the worst news ive heard all season