• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #46 - Road Trip - 4PM

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game of the road trip, lets see how it goes. :thumb:

Lets Go Sharks!!!!!! :horn:

Attachments

• 1389739394272.jpg
    1389739394272.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 60

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board has gone dead :(

2 and 2 in the post Couture era. What is it 15 games or so without him? I was going to be happy with 5 and 10 during that time. There are some softies coming up: Florida, Calgary, Winnipeg. Need to win those three.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah it has, sorry!

I missed most of the game today, but what I saw looking like a team relying on a few big guys. At this point, the sharks just need to stay strong in the PO hunt. I think theyve only won like 4 or 5 games of the last 20 or so in regulation, but the SO is keeping them solidly in the top 8, so I guess you take it. This will be a very different team with cooch, torres, havlat, and possibly Hertl back. That's at least one very solid 2nd line right there, so if they can make it through the olympic break banking a fair number of points, then I think it's no problem. its hard to judge the games right now with such a depleted lineup.

I was waiting for the goal scoring to dry up, and I guess it has. Maybe re-learning how to play D with behoove this team down the road.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have to grind out wins with the line up as beat up as it is, thats good practice for playoff style games down the road. Then when you get back Halfloaf most importantly Torres and Cooch back its going to be a different game.

They are doing as well as they can with 4 of the top 9 out

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How come the sharks dont give tarasov a shot? I lknow you dont want to stunt a guy's development, but he is nearly a point per game on a low scoring, crappy worcester team, and he is tied for the team lead(excluding nieto) in +/- with a +2 on a very minus team. They have a top 9 slot for him and could send craptastic mccarthy down (with his whole 1 assist, -11 in 27 games). Give him a shot along a wing with some reasonable players like patty, wingels, or nieto and see if you cant get a solid NHLer out of him. If he sucks, it's no big loss since they can send him down after the break when at least cooch comes back. I love seeing what these minor league leaders can do...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How come the sharks dont give tarasov a shot? I lknow you dont want to stunt a guy's development, but he is nearly a point per game on a low scoring, crappy worcester team, and he is tied for the team lead(excluding nieto) in +/- with a +2 on a very minus team. They have a top 9 slot for him and could send craptastic mccarthy down (with his whole 1 assist, -11 in 27 games). Give him a shot along a wing with some reasonable players like patty, wingels, or nieto and see if you cant get a solid NHLer out of him. If he sucks, it's no big loss since they can send him down after the break when at least cooch comes back. I love seeing what these minor league leaders can do...

They arent really in that desperate of a situation and i think theyve learned from past mistakes with rushing prospects aka Jeff Jillison. Its not needed, Dwill will need to make a trade for some secondary scoring come deadline, the team isnt a horrible spot the olympic break is coming up so theres alot of positives working in the teams favor

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 and 2 in the post Couture era. What is it 15 games or so without him? I was going to be happy with 5 and 10 during that time. There are some softies coming up: Florida, Calgary, Winnipeg. Need to win those three.

:thumb: I know! Its like everybody is waiting for the playoffs to come back to the board.
:noidea: what happend to C'mon, Filo, Likewall etc?????

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to grind out wins with the line up as beat up as it is, thats good practice for playoff style games down the road. Then when you get back Halfloaf most importantly Torres and Cooch back its going to be a different game.

They are doing as well as they can with 4 of the top 9 out

I agree. I was happy to see TMAC move Pavs back to the second line midway through the game. I don't like one stacked line and Marleau with 2 stiffs. Have the top two lines with 2 quality scorers and one stiff and that may balance things out a bit going forward. At least Kennedy got off the schneid. Now Wingels needs to start producing again like he did earlier in the year. If Wingels and Kennedy get back to some consistent scoring they might pull through this ok. At least the D is healthy so most likely they will stay in most games as long Niemi doesn't lay an egg like he is want to do recently.

They sure do miss Couture. Hafloaf can go on the IR and it doesn't really matter. Take Couture out, and wow what a difference how the team looks.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry - I am a busy, busy dude traveling to Asia and across the US all the time as well as remodeling a house. I just dont have cycles to watch hockey at all.. I try to keep up on what our boys are doing but getting games on a plane or in hotels is an exercise in futility.