• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

42 Games Left

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 42 games and no real playoff possibilities looming .... what do you want to see as the season winds down?

For me personally I was to see the rationality behind all the churn in the FZ process. I want to try an get an understanding of just what was the purpose behind all the player movement.

I want to have my faith restored in rhis management regime. I just dont have a good feeling about anything as we move forward.

If there is some light at the end of this tunnel we have 42 games to find it ... or at least go looking for it ..

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 42 games and no real playoff possibilities looming .... what do you want to see as the season winds down?

For me personally I was to see the rationality behind all the churn in the FZ process. I want to try an get an understanding of just what was the purpose behind all the player movement.

I want to have my faith restored in rhis management regime. I just dont have a good feeling about anything as we move forward.

If there is some light at the end of this tunnel we have 42 games to find it ... or at least go looking for it ..
I'd like to see some younger players get extended looks, or at least some guys from AAA that FZ felt were worth the churn and were collected and are hitting well in AAA. At least call up Joey Marciano for the last month. Its amazing the season he's had with Sacramento. Compare his numbers to all the other pitchers that has gone through that team (which are many). The fact that he hasn't gotten a look yet in SF is dumbfounding.
But what I expect is just more of the same. LaStella at DH. Lots of awful defense. Veterans who cannot hit any longer. The wrong guys in the bullpen. And more churn.
Oh, I think the churn is nothing more than an obsession with finding diamonds in the rough gone obsessive compulsive. It really does seem like there is some issue there that compels to churn through players like this. Why the need for trying to "sneak" some many players onto the AAA roster, especially when many who are successfully "snuck" get let go, sometimes mere weeks (or even days) later? I'm already willing to say that its a failed way of roster building and is only successful in annoying the crap out of me. If there was ever a system that made players feel like nothing more than mere numbers and not people, its the churn.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see some younger players get extended looks, or at least some guys from AAA that FZ felt were worth the churn and were collected and are hitting well in AAA. At least call up Joey Marciano for the last month. Its amazing the season he's had with Sacramento. Compare his numbers to all the other pitchers that has gone through that team (which are many). The fact that he hasn't gotten a look yet in SF is dumbfounding.
But what I expect is just more of the same. LaStella at DH. Lots of awful defense. Veterans who cannot hit any longer. The wrong guys in the bullpen. And more churn.
Oh, I think the churn is nothing more than an obsession with finding diamonds in the rough gone obsessive compulsive. It really does seem like there is some issue there that compels to churn through players like this. Why the need for trying to "sneak" some many players onto the AAA roster, especially when many who are successfully "snuck" get let go, sometimes mere weeks (or even days) later? I'm already willing to say that its a failed way of roster building and is only successful in annoying the crap out of me. If there was ever a system that made players feel like nothing more than mere numbers and not people, its the churn.
I always knew I liked the churn. I hope they keep it up.

LONG LIVE THE CHURN!

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always knew I liked the churn. I hope they keep it up.

LONG LIVE THE CHURN!
quiche-turning.gif