• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

40 Year NFL Cap Championship : WLK vs Nos

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the opposite. Like I've said more times than I can count. Barry made ya say WOW more than any back who ever played but if you want a complete back that's never taken off the field and can play in any field condiitions Barry is not the guy you want.

Brady is only better to people who don't really understand what the conversation is about. That's for me buddy Shane...

Barry can turn any broken play into a td better than anyone else. He is also a much better north south runner than he gets credit for. The majority of his tds are not his famous runs. I always felt like he did one thing so magically that everyone forgot about how good he was at other aspects of the game

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry can turn any broken play into a td better than anyone else. He is also a much better north south runner than he gets credit for. The majority of his tds are not his famous runs. I always felt like he did one thing so magically that everyone forgot about how good he was at other aspects of the game

All I really need to say to prove my point is...

In over 3,000 career carries less than 10% of them came on 3rd and 4th down.

Did absolutely nothing in the playoffs to help his team win. Unless you wanna count that magical game at Lambeau in the 94 wild card game.

Like I said he was the most fun player to watch in the history of the game but I can name 10 running backs i'd rather have with the game on the line.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I really need to say to prove my point is...

In over 3,000 career carries less than 10% of them came on 3rd and 4th down.

Did absolutely nothing in the playoffs to help his team win. Unless you wanna count that magical game at Lambeau in the 94 wild card game.

Like I said he was the most fun player to watch in the history of the game but I can name 10 running backs i'd rather have with the game on the line.

And he's the guy that beats me...:L

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the opposite. Like I've said more times than I can count. Barry made ya say WOW more than any back who ever played but if you want a complete back that's never taken off the field and can play in any field condiitions Barry is not the guy you want.

Brady is only better to people who don't really understand what the conversation is about. That's for me buddy Shane...

Lets agree all four were all-time greats, top 3 at their positions (Barry, Dickerson, Brady, Marino). Barry had nothing around him for most of his career and still put up ridiculous numbers, Dickerson had more around him not saying he had a lot but more. Now you talk about complete back (running, receiving, durable) but Barry was virtually better at everything. Dickerson was more of a pounder but you cant fault Barry was different, he made it work. He held on to the ball better than Dickerson, both not great at receiving but Barry was better. Barry had over 300 carries 7 out of his 10 seasons and missed 7 games in his ENTIRE career or didn't start in those games (2 in rookie season). Everything literally points to Barry. Also, if you want to talk about Dickerson being a better back to get the 2 yards on 3rd you would be correct and he was great at it, doesn't make him a better all-around back.

Now Brady and Marino is a conversation that is one we already had. But anyway, I would love to have any 4 of these guys but as much as you say Barry brought the Wow factor, which he did, he was the best runner of all-time. He didn't have one average year (the reason why he made a pro bowl in every season in his career) and only fumbled over 6 times once in his career, his rookie season, I cant say the same for Dickerson who fumbled the ball in double digits 5 times.

Playoff wise he didn't do much, still averaged 4 yards a carry which is slighted bc of the 94 game, but with a shitty offensive line there is a reason they hardly never made the playoffs. He willed them to the playoffs. Kinda like Lebron with the Cavs early in his career, you can only do so much and in football it is impossible for one guy to carry an offense.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to Nos' vote is for me to draft Marino and Dickerson. :yes: 1 vote down, a bunch to go lol

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets agree all four were all-time greats, top 3 at their positions (Barry, Dickerson, Brady, Marino). Barry had nothing around him for most of his career and still put up ridiculous numbers, Dickerson had more around him not saying he had a lot but more. Now you talk about complete back (running, receiving, durable) but Barry was virtually better at everything. Dickerson was more of a pounder but you cant fault Barry was different, he made it work. He held on to the ball better than Dickerson, both not great at receiving but Barry was better. Barry had over 300 carries 7 out of his 10 seasons and missed 7 games in his ENTIRE career or didn't start in those games (2 in rookie season). Everything literally points to Barry. Also, if you want to talk about Dickerson being a better back to get the 2 yards on 3rd you would be correct and he was great at it, doesn't make him a better all-around back.

Now Brady and Marino is a conversation that is one we already had. But anyway, I would love to have any 4 of these guys but as much as you say Barry brought the Wow factor, which he did, he was the best runner of all-time. He didn't have one average year (the reason why he made a pro bowl in every season in his career) and only fumbled over 6 times once in his career, his rookie season, I cant say the same for Dickerson who fumbled the ball in double digits 5 times.

Playoff wise he didn't do much, still averaged 4 yards a carry which is slighted bc of the 94 game, but with a shitty offensive line there is a reason they hardly never made the playoffs. He willed them to the playoffs. Kinda like Lebron with the Cavs early in his career, you can only do so much and in football it is impossible for one guy to carry an offense.

This is complete BS. He had multiple pro bowl lineman and the first duo of receivers to both catch 100 passes were Herman Moore and Brett Perriman. Barry had plenty around him, you wanna see somebody who never had anything around him go look at Walter Payton. Another reason Sweetness is the GOAT and it's not even debatable.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is complete BS. He had multiple pro bowl lineman and the first duo of receivers to both catch 100 passes were Herman Moore and Brett Perriman. Barry had plenty around him, you wanna see somebody who never had anything around him go look at Walter Payton. Another reason Sweetness is the GOAT and it's not even debatable.

Yeah Walter was pretty damn legendary, cant disagree with that lol

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anyone argues that Payton wa sthe best all time, I guess some people go Jim Brown