• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

40 Year NFL Cap Championship : WLK vs Nos

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had also considered this, but for me what put me over the top was that Nos had two elite corners to cover Moore and Joiner. He could have his safeties play up in the zone as additional run support.

That's what I had with my team also, two great corners and Lott and he would be free to help. My d-line was better than Nos' too but his linebackers were the key. They were good blitzing LB's but could they limit the running game maybe and maybe not. I think what really put me over the top was just Nos' offense in general, while Wlk's defense was damn good he had too many playmakers. Nos had a good running game and very good offensive line but when it comes down to it McNair had to be the guy and he can carry you only so far IMO. It was a great matchup regardless though and two teams that were well put together.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had also considered this, but for me what put me over the top was that Nos had two elite corners to cover Moore and Joiner. He could have his safeties play up in the zone as additional run support.

I agree but I had 2 better corners so while he had 2 better WRs Joiner vs Blount is equal to Carter vs Woodson and Haynes vs Bruce is equal to Ty Law vs Moore IMO which means I could do the same... The difference being me loading the box still allows me 2 of the greatest pass rushers all time up the middle and 2 alltime greats from the edge attacking a stationary type QB while he has maybe the 2/3rd best edge rushers of all time and 1 great on the other side rushing a mobile QB... The same running lanes I'd use for TD, McNair can use when those ends start coming up field forcing his defense to try to stop McNair or cover my FB and TE... I just felt my team forced his to cover more things... Maybe next time...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I had with my team also, two great corners and Lott and he would be free to help. My d-line was better than Nos' too but his linebackers were the key. They were good blitzing LB's but could they limit the running game maybe and maybe not. I think what really put me over the top was just Nos' offense in general, while Wlk's defense was damn good he had too many playmakers. Nos had a good running game and very good offensive line but when it comes down to it McNair had to be the guy and he can carry you only so far IMO. It was a great matchup regardless though and two teams that were well put together.

Nos' oline is pretty bad, grabbing Munoz doesn't make that very good oline especially vs the guys they face... On the flip to that I have 3 HOFers including 2 going against his best 2 defenders... We're talking Mean Joe and Sapp vs Leonard Davis and Jesse Sapolu, that's no where near the same level in competition... As for McNair, I'll take him with an MVP and Super Bowl loss with the team he's surrounded by... If I could have gotten a better QB maybe I win but maybe I can't put this team the way it was... IMO this is the best team I've ever put together or at least top 3... I find the irony in 2 teams in particular I put together I thought were the most dangerous lost because I lost the oline/dline battle, in this one I lose because I don't have enough weapons... Because in all honest Nos put nothing into his Dline and put Munoz on the end of perhaps the weakest line in this draft overall and he got you to call it very good... He's quite clever that bastid...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I countered with a run team... I felt my inside run was killer in that his OLBs were wide and Sam Mills was going to have to make plays vs that line plus Rathman coming at him... I didn't think personally that Speilman and Mills would dominate my run with that Oline while Barry would beat me having Lewis Marshall and Romo with that Oline...

The strength of your supposedly great offensive line is the tackles, they would have their hands full with LT and Rickey. Your interior line was average, they would not have opened many holes and you simply didn't have a good enough passing attack to make me respect it much. MY corners would fairly easily cover your less than speedy receivers. Plan and simple, stop your run game and you don't score with Browner able to play up in run support that would not have been difficult to do.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos' linebackers are great but his defensive line would get wrecked by your offensive line. It would be interesting to see. I'd go Nos but only because of McNair.

Foolish talk...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos' oline is pretty bad, grabbing Munoz doesn't make that very good oline especially vs the guys they face... On the flip to that I have 3 HOFers including 2 going against his best 2 defenders... We're talking Mean Joe and Sapp vs Leonard Davis and Jesse Sapolu, that's no where near the same level in competition... As for McNair, I'll take him with an MVP and Super Bowl loss with the team he's surrounded by... If I could have gotten a better QB maybe I win but maybe I can't put this team the way it was... IMO this is the best team I've ever put together or at least top 3... I find the irony in 2 teams in particular I put together I thought were the most dangerous lost because I lost the oline/dline battle, in this one I lose because I don't have enough weapons... Because in all honest Nos put nothing into his Dline and put Munoz on the end of perhaps the weakest line in this draft overall and he got you to call it very good... He's quite clever that bastid...[/QUOTE]

:yes:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, my Offensive line isn't bad. Hell you wanted Sapolu. Runyan was a very good player, not sure why he didn't get more love, Davis was an absolute mauler. Hartings finally got noticed when he got to Pittsburgh.

I may not have had the best line but it surely wasn't the worst.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos' oline is pretty bad, grabbing Munoz doesn't make that very good oline especially vs the guys they face... On the flip to that I have 3 HOFers including 2 going against his best 2 defenders... We're talking Mean Joe and Sapp vs Leonard Davis and Jesse Sapolu, that's no where near the same level in competition... As for McNair, I'll take him with an MVP and Super Bowl loss with the team he's surrounded by... If I could have gotten a better QB maybe I win but maybe I can't put this team the way it was... IMO this is the best team I've ever put together or at least top 3... I find the irony in 2 teams in particular I put together I thought were the most dangerous lost because I lost the oline/dline battle, in this one I lose because I don't have enough weapons... Because in all honest Nos put nothing into his Dline and put Munoz on the end of perhaps the weakest line in this draft overall and he got you to call it very good... He's quite clever that bastid...

Whoops I meant YOU had a good running game and very good offensive line :laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The strength of your supposedly great offensive line is the tackles, they would have their hands full with LT and Rickey. Your interior line was average, they would not have opened many holes and you simply didn't have a good enough passing attack to make me respect it much. MY corners would fairly easily cover your less than speedy receivers. Plan and simple, stop your run game and you don't score with Browner able to play up in run support that would not have been difficult to do.

But my matchup was sorta like yours except I have Lott coming up and my two corners were great like yours if not better as a combo. You did have better WR's but that is mute bc Wlk's CB's are so good. I had a much better D-line than you and overall better o-line even though you had Munoz. Now your LB's were the best in the draft but I thought I had a top team as well. Yes, Barry is better than Dickerson but Idk I thought if I would have played anyone but WLK I could have advanced further too. There were a lot of great teams in this draft honestly and a lot of matchups that could have went either way.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, my Offensive line isn't bad. Hell you wanted Sapolu. Runyan was a very good player, not sure why he didn't get more love, Davis was an absolute mauler. Hartings finally got noticed when he got to Pittsburgh.

I may not have had the best line but it surely wasn't the worst.

I thought mine wasn't as bad as people were saying too. I had Kenn (6'7" huge guy, Joe Demalleiure HOF'r and Saturday on my right side and C). Idk maybe it's just me lol

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But my matchup was sorta like yours except I have Lott coming up and my two corners were great like yours if not better as a combo. You did have better WR's but that is mute bc Wlk's CB's are so good. I had a much better D-line than you and overall better o-line even though you had Munoz. Now your LB's were the best in the draft but I thought I had a top team as well. Yes, Barry is better than Dickerson but Idk I thought if I would have played anyone but WLK I could have advanced further too. There were a lot of great teams in this draft honestly and a lot of matchups that could have went either way.

Barry was not better than Dickerson.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And most rational fans and experts!

Exactly the opposite. Like I've said more times than I can count. Barry made ya say WOW more than any back who ever played but if you want a complete back that's never taken off the field and can play in any field condiitions Barry is not the guy you want.

Brady is only better to people who don't really understand what the conversation is about. That's for me buddy Shane...