• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4/19 Game vs Flop City 1230p PST Tip off

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no 'wrong' way to be a fan, but your way, where the outcome matters less than other considerations, where a dramatic buzzer beater to win doesn't make you happy because the team maybe blew a big lead, where a road playoff win without your best defender doesn't get you excited...that way is very strange, very uncommon, and for the more traditional fans can be kind of off-putting.

You're catching hell for it, because while you're free to post your displeasure, other more normal fans are free to razz you about it. You're smart enough to see that, aren't you? You do realize your way is pretty odd, right? No one disagrees that the Warriors have flaws (like every team), and we all like a perfectly played game, but you're just kooky with this.

Anyway, the horse is dead, no need to keep beating it. I hope the Warriors win 3 more games just like this one.

It's the essential difference between a knowledgable fan and a casual one. You can be a fervent casual fan and not understand defensive rotations, spacing, ball movement, etc. For this type of fan, the run of events that led up to a certain game situation is forgotten and all that matters is the final score. That's fine.

I'm not that guy. I completely understand why people disagree with me and from my perspective it's either a lack of ability to discern nuance and/or homerism. That's fine too.

But this whole "you're not a real fan" and "how could you bet against the Ws if you're a fan" crap is typical of the un-nuanced MY TEAM RULZ, YER TEAM SUX interwebs posting that we left Disney to get away from. Oh, and Toolish Foolsense.

I realize that on the interwebs my position is not a common one. But it's logically consistent.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the essential difference between a knowledgable fan and a casual one. You can be a fervent casual fan and not understand defensive rotations, spacing, ball movement, etc. For this type of fan, the run of events that led up to a certain game situation is forgotten and all that matters is the final score. That's fine.

I'm not that guy. I completely understand why people disagree with me and from my perspective it's either a lack of ability to discern nuance and/or homerism. That's fine too.

But this whole "you're not a real fan" and "how could you bet against the Ws if you're a fan" crap is typical of the un-nuanced MY TEAM RULZ, YER TEAM SUX interwebs posting that we left Disney to get away from. Oh, and Toolish Foolsense.

I realize that on the interwebs my position is not a common one. But it's logically consistent.

Actually that Nolan clown was known to brag about betting against his teams too...

I don't think someone who bets against their team isn't a fan of that team, but they are definitely a TYPE of fan, the type that will bet against his own. Most don't, and that kind of fandom is qualitatively different than the more traditional kind. When it comes down to it, none of this 'matters' so you can bet what you want, approve or disapprove of wins, whatever. But when you aggressively post preferences that are pretty far outside the mainstream, and belittle those who don't root in your peculiar way, you're going to deserve and get some shit for it.

I hope you lose your bet, my friend!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god, if anyone hasn't figured out that Tweezil is a blathering tool by now you haven't been paying attention.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have the faculty to understand what a well played game is. So for you, there's really no choice but to look at the outcome. Ws win -- GREAT GAME!!! Ws lose -- BAD GAME!!

Ahhh, to be back in high school again....

No even if we lost, I still would of thought it was entertaining game to watch IMO

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that Nolan clown was known to brag about betting against his teams too...

I don't think someone who bets against their team isn't a fan of that team, but they are definitely a TYPE of fan, the type that will bet against his own. Most don't, and that kind of fandom is qualitatively different than the more traditional kind. When it comes down to it, none of this 'matters' so you can bet what you want, approve or disapprove of wins, whatever. But when you aggressively post preferences that are pretty far outside the mainstream, and belittle those who don't root in your peculiar way, you're going to deserve and get some shit for it.

You and me both! :suds:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that Nolan clown was known to brag about betting against his teams too...I don't think someone who bets against their team isn't a fan of that team, but they are definitely a TYPE of fan, the type that will bet against his own. Most don't, and that kind of fandom is qualitatively different than the more traditional kind. When it comes down to it, none of this 'matters' so you can bet what you want, approve or disapprove of wins, whatever. But when you aggressively post preferences that are pretty far outside the mainstream, and belittle those who don't root in your peculiar way, you're going to deserve and get some shit for it.

Nope. Only about the astute and insightful bets he made and how handsomely they paid off. The Niners just happened to be the patsies.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Only about the astute and insightful bets he made and how handsomely they paid off. The Niners just happened to be the patsies.

I love it when you pwn yourself so I can save myself the trouble