• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4.12 Fraudres @ Son of Ty

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Baggs:

Gabe Kapler says he fully supported Duggar stealing and Dubon bunting for a hit. The goal is to score as many runs as possible and exhaust an opponent.
That is the one “unwritten rule” that I absolutely HATE. You are pros. If you don’t want to get embarrassed, DONT GET EMBARRASSED!!! In little league, absolutely, slow it down. In high school, absolutely slow it down. In college…. Meh, I see it both ways, but I am willing to accept the “slow it down” rule.

Once you go pro, man up and take your beating like you married Ike.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this outing helps him. Expectations are low. Sure, the walks aren't good but the fact he's given up 0 hits and 0 runs is good.
He had trouble finding the zone. That has been the knock on him.

Treading water won’t save him his spot. He needs to do better than his expectations.

assuming no injuries, of course.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had trouble finding the zone. That has been the knock on him.

Treading water won’t save him his spot. He needs to do better than his expectations.

assuming no injuries, of course.
I get that he has trouble finding the strike zone, so the walks would be nerve racking. But my point is that his walks didn't mix with a couple of hits and a bunch of runs scored by the Padres. Its progress that he limited the self-inflicted damage. I would agree that his roster spot is still in jeopardy if there are no injuries, come May 2nd, but the decision may be harder if he can continue to limit damage to just traffic on the bases.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
p6413_p_v8_aa.jpg

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have loved to see what Sandler could have done with that role. I have a hard time picturing it now, but he was signed sealed and all ready to with it before he had to back out at the last minute.
I forgot about that. I run into him from time to time in LA (same shul as my family). I'll ask him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shul equals...?

Also... Adam Sandler?
Yes, Adam Sandler. He was originally going to play the Bear Jew, but backed out of the role at the last minute for some reason (scheduling, iirc). That’s why Roth took the role. It was a favor to Q to get the movie going.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True story: I was at a Mitzvah Day at my nieces shul in the Pallisades. I'm watching them decorate bags to be delivered to homeless folks. Guy standing next to me is doing the same with his daughter. The girls start yukking it up and I say under my breath: who knew this shit could be so funny. Guy next to me says "I know, right? And I get paid to be funny. They do it for free."

Adam Sandler is a gem.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True story: I was at a Mitzvah Day at my nieces shul in the Pallisades. I'm watching them decorate bags to be delivered to homeless folks. Guy standing next to me is doing the same with his daughter. The girls start yukking it up and I say under my breath: who knew this shit could be so funny. Guy next to me says "I know, right? And I get paid to be funny. They do it for free."

Adam Sandler is a gem.
So Sandler was displaying Jewish disappointment in his daughter? She wasn’t monetizing her sense of humor…