• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Memphis Grizzlies vs Golden State Warriors

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GRIZZLIES were ultimately the crap team I thought they were....even after a brief rally for 2 games.

The 2 wins seem more like flukey bad shooting nights from Curry, then any sort of Memphis strength.
With even average shooting, the games were not competitive.

I thought 4 or 5 game tops.
I am still surprised it went 6 games.

It wasn't just shooting that threw GSW off for those two games. The Memphis bigs were hurting GSW. Once GSW made defensive adjustments and forced the them to become jump shooters and improved ball movement offensively, that was the difference.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Hawks are the only team remaining Team with a legit shot to test the Warriors.

Horford has been a BEAST.

But, when the Splash Brothers are on.....

Game Over.

I am not looking past any of the Warriors future opponents. They are all playoff teams and capable of putting together good games.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what makes them flawed.

They have a dominant low post scorer in Randolph who totally sucks at defense.
He is so bad at defense that he stops wanting to play his offense as well....if you go at him.

Beat him on the other end. Dont worry about stopping him. And suddenly he is no longer dominant.
Then Gasol over-compensates and gets out of position.

Kerr didn't take long to immediately realize how easy it is to defeat Memphis in a 7 game series.
The blueprint was figured out in 2012 and Memphis has never changed.

The Grizz will never win anything, except for an occaisonal series versus an overmatched or wounded team.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is so bad at defense that he stops wanting to play his offense as well....if you go at him.

Beat him on the other end. Dont worry about stopping him. And suddenly he is no longer dominant.

Kerr didn't take long to immediately realize how easy it is to defeat Memphis in a 7 game series.

The Grizz will never win anything, except for an occaisonal series versus an overmatched or wounded team.

The gatekeepers of the nba. Not a true contender but a somewhat tough matchup until they battle the final boss

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't aware that Randolph was such a horrible defender. Makes sense though. He seemed to disappear for stretches. Gasol is a good low post scorer. Would love to have him on GS

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't mean that the Grizzlies are "ultimately the crap team" that you thought they were though. It means that they need to add a piece or 2 (just like pretty much everyone). They need to add a player or 2 who can consistently hit from the perimeter.

The question is whether or not their FO will do it. The answer to that question could also have a lot to do with whether or not guys like Gasol decide to stay in Memphis or try to win a title someplace else.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grizzlies are not a crap team, the Warriors just have more talent and depth. Theres really not that much Joerger couldve done tbh Others have already mentioned the adjustments made to put Bogut on Allen, I think after that, it was game over.

Klay does a phenomenal job on PGs defensively and offensively
You can hide Curry on whoever. If Clippers beat Houston expect Klay to cover CP3