• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: 1) Thunder vs 5) Mavericks

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

Allen would be a great fit if the Cavs were interested in dealing him.

OKC has a sizeable war chest of picks and semi max ( depending on the players years in the league ) cap space.

As for the Cavs, they can't deal Garland until Mitchell puts pen to paper.

But rumor has it, that's the direction things are trending in.
That’s the thing. I don’t think the Cavs would want picks in return. I think if they really wanted him, they could get Ingram for Allen + Levert. Allen value is pretty high right now and NO has coveted him for years.

I hope they keep Allen

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oof.

That's a pretty big bag.

If they pay Hart that much, maybe Robinson shakes lose?

I don't know if I like him for OKC.

His skill set is fine.

They don't need him to score.

It's that injury history that gives me pause.

I would also like a guy like Zubac for them.

Because you know....

Fuck those trash ass Clippers.

Drummond is out there too.

He's older.

Probably fits better than a guy like Valanciunas.

Another option for sure

And Knicks can ask for a 2030 first or something lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

Allen would be a great fit if the Cavs were interested in dealing him.

OKC has a sizeable war chest of picks and semi max ( depending on the players years in the league ) cap space.

As for the Cavs, they can't deal Garland until Mitchell puts pen to paper.

But rumor has it, that's the direction things are trending in.
That last part likely depends on the day....Mitchell is for sure gone, he's always wanted to be in NY......Mitchell loves it here and never been happier (think this might be the only thing that actually came out of his mouth).........Mitchell cannot stand playing with garland and wants out.....no, wait Garland cannot stand playing with Mitchell and if Mitchell resigns he wants out.

Guess at very least should be a more interesting Summer than last year for the Cavs. and maybe something happens earlier with the coach.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the thing. I don’t think the Cavs would want picks in return. I think if they really wanted him, they could get Ingram for Allen + Levert. Allen value is pretty high right now and NO has coveted him for years.

I hope they keep Allen
Hadn't heard about NO loving Allen until recently but could see why they'd want him. Then again is he a good fit with Zio who likes to play inside and not much of a shooter (why I never understood the Hayes selection).

also hope we keep allen and think we will.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last part likely depends on the day....Mitchell is for sure gone, he's always wanted to be in NY......Mitchell loves it here and never been happier (think this might be the only thing that actually came out of his mouth).........Mitchell cannot stand playing with garland and wants out.....no, wait Garland cannot stand playing with Mitchell and if Mitchell resigns he wants out.

Guess at very least should be a more interesting Summer than last year for the Cavs. and maybe something happens earlier with the coach.
I mean, until we actually hear the words come out of his mouth, there is always a chance that stance is false.

* Dunno if there is video of the conversation released recently *

But Woj is a pretty reliable source.

I tend to believe his reports when the source is the actual player, not some unnamed league sources.

I saw something about Spida being a bit irritated by the maturity level of some of his teammates.

I have never seen anyone state he dislikes anyone on the roster.

I can see Garland getting dealt.

Not because of any personality conflicts.

But because they want to fill some holes.

Lotta folks don't like Garland's game.

I'm not one of them.

He needs to be more consistent in the playoffs.

But you don't just give up on young talent just for the sake of making a move.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hadn't heard about NO loving Allen until recently but could see why they'd want him. Then again is he a good fit with Zio who likes to play inside and not much of a shooter (why I never understood the Hayes selection).

also hope we keep allen and think we will.
They tried to acquire Allen at the deadline and I believe the previous offseason

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope they keep Allen
You aren't in pick collection mode.

You have a bonafide playoff team.

Time to collect Championship level talent, not picks for guys currently in elementary school.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, until we actually hear the words come out of his mouth, there is always a chance that stance is false.

I tend to believe his reports when the source is the actual player, not some unnamed league sources.

I saw something about Spida being a bit irritated by the maturity level of some of his teammates.

I'm not one of them.

As of right now it seems Garland is the piece that doesn’t fit the puzzle.

In your opinion, what is fair value for Garland?

I still think his value is very high. Just not ideal fit with Mitchell. Some teams would absolutely love his fit on their roster.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still think his value is very high. Just not ideal fit with Mitchell. Some teams would absolutely love his fit on their roster.

Yea you deal one or the other they are too similar.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not one of them.

Mitchell also came out with a tweet regarding him being irritated about his teammates in which in a nicer way said the media is full of shit. Granted, that does not mean he didn't say it, but he's never come across as that type to me (not that I could really know the guy). But I'm with you if the player didn't say it I don't buy the reports. Most are made to rile up the masses who believe anything that suits their agenda. sometimes the headlines are there to get clicks but what they really said (or added) does not really support the intention of the headline designed to rile up masses.

Example of that would be the story that Mobley never wanted to come here and wanted OKC. Now having listened to Mobley I doubt that's anything he ever thought of but can agree his agent may not have wanted him here playing with, at the time, Sexton and Garland. But he also mentions deeper where you might miss it Mobley is happy here.....so unless trying to rile up the masses why even mention it? Again, I get why and really have no issue as I like hearing stories like this. Just wish those masses would put more thought into these things instead of just using it to rip the Cavs (or whatever team).

Garland for sure needs to be more consistent in playoffs but so does Mitchell in an even bigger way IMO. Did have a few really good games but also 3-4 clunkers this year. He was also awful vs. NY and could argue at age 23 in his first ever playoff series Garland was better last year vs. NY.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say no doubt IF Mitchell is saying and someone offers a stud SF for him he should be moved.

But I also don';t think keeping him will or should be out of the question. Been many times the team when healthy has been really good...especially when both Allen and Mitchell play.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They tried to acquire Allen at the deadline and I believe the previous offseason
speaking more of Allen, one of the things I've been wondering about the recent "rippings" was about the alleged guys calling out Allen (don't even recall who put this out there among Fedor, Lloyd, shams, etc). First, why would someone do that to a teammate knowing it will become public (maybe hiding who said it, but would still be ripping a teammate). Second and more puzzling is who on this team (players, coaches or FO) seems like the type who would do that?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rumor has it, teams are way more interested in Garland than Trae.

As for his value....

Hard to say for a couple of reasons....

The Market has reset after the Murray, Gobert trades.

Plus, it's gonna depend on what you get in return.

To me...

Garland for a guy like Ingram is a wash if we go by talent.

But you have Garland locked down for several more years and you have to give Ingram the bag now.

I wouldn't do that deal.

If the Nets weren't out of their goddamn minds, Bridges would be the guy I'd like to see you pair with Mitchell.

The biggest complication is Klutch.

If the rumors are true, they are going to try to dictate terms.

If that happens, and they are focused on getting him to a certain destination, you have to hope your GM holds his ground like the guy in Portland did.

Fuck is Garland gonna do, retire?

I see the Spurs as a likely destination.

If that is where he lands, 2 first rounders and a player would be my guess.

I'm sure you already saw this.....

Klutch Sports will indeed meet with the Cavaliers this offseason to facilitate Darius Garland being traded, if Donovan Mitchell decides to stay, @WindhorstESPN confirmed on @ESPNCleveland.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking more of Allen, one of the things I've been wondering about the recent "rippings" was about the alleged guys calling out Allen (don't even recall who put this out there among Fedor, Lloyd, shams, etc). First, why would someone do that to a teammate knowing it will become public (maybe hiding who said it, but would still be ripping a teammate). Second and more puzzling is who on this team (players, coaches or FO) seems like the type who would do that?
Sounds like bs to me. Everyone loves Allen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for his value....

To me...

But you have Garland locked down for several more years and you have to give Ingram the bag now.

I wouldn't do that deal.

If the Nets weren't out of their goddamn minds, Bridges would be the guy I'd like to see you pair with Mitchell.

If that happens, and they are focused on getting him to a certain destination, you have to hope your GM holds his ground like the guy in Portland did.

Klutch Sports will indeed meet with the Cavaliers this offseason to facilitate Darius Garland being traded, if Donovan Mitchell decides to stay, @WindhorstESPN confirmed on @ESPNCleveland.
Yeah Keldon, Collins and 2 1st’s. I like Keldon but I wonder if they can get more. At least that Spurs pick should be nice

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them reported it.

Shams Charania, Joe Vardon and Jason Lloyd of The Athletic reported some teammates and coaches felt Allen "could have done more to try and play" with his rib injury. In particular, there was confusion over the big man's refusal to have an injection to numb the pain.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for his value....

To me...

I wouldn't do that deal.

I've seen it and like you hard to care much without a comment from the actual player.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Keldon, Collins and 2 1st’s. I like Keldon but I wonder if they can get more. At least that Spurs pick should be nice
I like Keldon.

Not sure how you feel about these guys...

But, Jerami Grant, Kuzma would be other options.

Darius would have to be redirected if it was Portland.

Scoot, Simons, Brogdon and Garland are two point guards/scoring guards to many.

Dunno if you listen to podcasts.

But some seem to think you can get a pretty decent haul for the kid.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like bs to me. Everyone loves Allen.
If I had to take a guess about all this it would be he was hurt a lot worse than they are letting on. I have often thought teams overplay this in all sports, but maybe listed it as just a bruise to keep the Cs guessing as to whether or not he would play.

Now if we are talking the starting QB in NFL? OK....that makes a difference.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell also came out with a tweet regarding him being irritated about his teammates in which in a nicer way said the media is full of shit. Granted, that does not mean he didn't say it, but he's never come across as that type to me (not that I could really know the guy). But I'm with you if the player didn't say it I don't buy the reports. Most are made to rile up the masses who believe anything that suits their agenda. sometimes the headlines are there to get clicks but what they really said (or added) does not really support the intention of the headline designed to rile up masses.

Example of that would be the story that Mobley never wanted to come here and wanted OKC. Now having listened to Mobley I doubt that's anything he ever thought of but can agree his agent may not have wanted him here playing with, at the time, Sexton and Garland. But he also mentions deeper where you might miss it Mobley is happy here.....so unless trying to rile up the masses why even mention it? Again, I get why and really have no issue as I like hearing stories like this. Just wish those masses would put more thought into these things instead of just using it to rip the Cavs (or whatever team).

Garland for sure needs to be more consistent in playoffs but so does Mitchell in an even bigger way IMO. Did have a few really good games but also 3-4 clunkers this year. He was also awful vs. NY and could argue at age 23 in his first ever playoff series Garland was better last year vs. NY.
Rudy Gobert gave Mitchell the plague of our time by being a idiot and touching, coughing on microphones.

He never publicly said a bad thing about him and it was clear he despised his ass after his bout with Covid.

No, we don't know these people personally.

But he does not strike me as the type to do that kind of thing either.