• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: 1) Celtics vs 4) Cavs

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t hear anyone covering up other teams when hayward & kyrie got hurt or when hayward and Kemba were hurt in the bubble when the Celtics were cruising

Most players are at least dinged up this time year. Luka's gimping his way through so far, but not missing games.

There are some things that can be done to minimize injuries, like using your bench and not playing your starters virtually the entire game. That said, Josh Hart is still upright, so....?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t hear anyone covering up other teams when hayward & kyrie got hurt or when hayward and Kemba were hurt in the bubble when the Celtics were cruising
Because everybody with a soul and human decency fucking hates your team.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn’t make the finals
I'm only going by memory.....thought the year Kyrie and Hayward were both out the Cs took the Cavs to the ECF. Next year Kyrie plays and thought they went out in round 1. Is that correct....and did Hayward play that season?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only going by memory.....thought the year Kyrie and Hayward were both out the Cs took the Cavs to the ECF. Next year Kyrie plays and thought they went out in round 1. Is that correct....and did Hayward play that season?

You are correct

Js they were withoht two core guys

Kyrie quit on them the following year and left for brook

Te Celtics traded a pick that could’ve been Porter jr bridges or sga for him

Epic fail

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell out again. Not unexpected.

C's and knicks to fight it out for the Finals

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sh!t luck for your team... sorry, man.
I mean maybe they competed more but if the C's had Zinger it wouldn't matter regardless. Too much firepower

I hope you guys make it to the Finals

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct

Js they were withoht two core guys

Kyrie quit on them the following year and left for brook

Te Celtics traded a pick that could’ve been Porter jr bridges or sga for him

Epic fail
Cavs fan I know still insists Ainge fleeced the Cavs in that deal (not in him to admit altman at least a decent FO guy). could the Cavs have gotten more? Maybe, but Kyrie was already known to be a loon and needed another surgery. Cavs still have assets from the deal.

want to tell me the cavs didn't win the deal? I guess could make that case.....but no doubt the Cs would undo it for the reasons you gave. and at time of deal most figured that Net pick would be top 3.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean maybe they competed more but if the C's had Zinger it would matter regardless. Too much firepower

I hope you guys make it to the Finals
Both teams at full strength I think we could have at least made things interesting. For sure would have if just no Zinger.

Oh, and if you haven't heard yet Levert questionable and not at shootaround.

sure. why not?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fan I know still insists Ainge fleeced the Cavs in that deal (not in him to admit altman at least a decent FO guy). could the Cavs have gotten more? Maybe, but Kyrie was already known to be a loon and needed another surgery. Cavs still have assets from the deal.

want to tell me the cavs didn't win the deal? I guess could make that case.....but no doubt the Cs would undo it for the reasons you gave. and at time of deal most figured that Net pick would be top 3.

No one won the deal because you took sexton

But to be fair, what is 8 overall worth compared to 3 picks in the 20s?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, Sexton - while not SGA - is a more than solid pick at 8. He was also used in the Mitchell deal as was another guy we got for parts of that deal (LM).

as to that pick vs. 3 in top 20 I don't think it can be looked at that way because at time could argue that Brooklyn pick was the most coveted asset in the sport. Most thought top 3 pick in loaded draft. That is worth more than 3 in the 20s to me

But if you want to use hindsight then I think you need to go all the way and ake the pick with hindsight and take SGA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Sexton - while not SGA - is a more than solid pick at 8. He was also used in the Mitchell deal as was another guy we got for parts of that deal (LM).

as to that pick vs. 3 in top 20 I don't think it can be looked at that way because at time could argue that Brooklyn pick was the most coveted asset in the sport. Most thought top 3 pick in loaded draft. That is worth more than 3 in the 20s to me

But if you want to use hindsight then I think you need to go all the way and ake the pick with hindsight and take SGA.

I think there at least a handful more that I would take over Sexton that were selected after him in that draft.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams at full strength I think we could have at least made things interesting. For sure would have if just no Zinger.

Oh, and if you haven't heard yet Levert questionable and not at shootaround.

sure. why not?
something with his foot. I mean they should could just forfeit if Mitchell, LeVert and Allen are out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It depends on the year(s) those picks were in the 20's. You usually see someone pull something out a hat in the late round pretty much every year. Very difficult. More luck in the top 10 for sure.

I remember hearing a rumor SGA did not want to go to CLE. Still would rather have Bridges or MPJ. I remember wanting the Cavs to draft MPJ even though he had injury concerns and more of a volume shooter. I think it worked out, he found the perfect fit in Denver and he has transformed his game into an elite shooter and very good defender.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there at least a handful more that I would take over Sexton that were selected after him in that draft.
Bridges, MPJ. Like I said, I heard that rumor SGA did not want to be in CLE so maybe the Cavs wanted him. Who knows...definitely 3 guys that went 9-14 that are better than Sexton

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK....and some that went before him you likely would not take over him. After him (not that anyone was taking some of these guys at 8) to me are SGA, Bridges (maybe both), MPJ and Brunson (injury to MJP I get why we passed). Before him I guess maybe depends what your team needs but think I'd prefer him to Carter, Bamba and Bagley.