• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: 1) Celtics vs 4) Cavs

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has been ripping JB all year. He's a talk show guy and as you know most callers and a number of listeners to these shows look for reasons to whine about the coach......even if they have to make it up/exaggerate.

Unless they only watch the cavs and when watching never see the other coach it makes no sense. Nearly all coaches talk to the refs all game and as you mention, many are far worse than this interaction. Players are just as bad. I mean, Tatum was getting a ton of calls but were times he was having a meltdown for not getting the call on all his push offs on drives (OK...didn't need to throw that in).

Now as to JB in general as a coach? Seems like many now believe he's gone after the season. Should he be? I don't think he deserves to be as we improved again as we have every season under him (despite a ton of injuries). But he's nothing special so I wont lose sleep if he's canned. I'm almost inclined to get a newbie than a failed or multiple times failed retread underachiever (even though Bud might have been interesting but taken).

JB in this case is Jaylen Brown.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy might be the lamest dude in the nba. Such a front runner

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JB in this case is Jaylen Brown.
My bad.....jumped to conclusions as this guy has ripped Bickerstaff all year....often for interactions with refs.

Guess I owe him an apology.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Others's thoughts on Lebron showing up? Cannot be sure, but guessing one of the following (lean to last one)

1) Checking out the team he wants to play for next season
2) Making LA aware of 1 to put pressure on them
3) Has a shit ton of money, a home in Cleveland and wants to be seen

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit, I misread your post that I quoted. I thought you were blaming refs for those things and you clearly weren’t.

5 fouls is the baseline for what just about every level of basketball uses.

Yes, college is 40 minutes.

I don’t know why anyone would have issue with NBA adding an extra foul in a 48 minute game.

Do we want to see the best players on the court? Or on the bench?

I have even seen people on here advocating for completely eliminating foul outs and instead adding an extra penalty for personal fouls beyond the limit.

I don’t agree with that necessarily, but I also don’t want to see the best players constantly wrestling with foul trouble

The late, great Lakers announcer Chick Hearn started advocating for that back in the 70's.

I'm on the fence about it. Folks want to see the stars deciding the game, but on the other hand, getting your opponents best player in foul trouble and making them have to figure out how to deal with that has always been a solid strategy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it really odd Jaylen Brown didn't get T'd up for grabbing MS's ankle. Thought he deserved one for that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it really odd Jaylen Brown didn't get T'd up for grabbing MS's ankle. Thought he deserved one for that.

The announcers kind of explained it. I don't think it was him trying to do anything dirty as much as it was he was on the ground, with a guy stepping over his head. Looked more to me like he was trying to protect his head as much as anything.

Maybe should have been called anyway. I just don't think it was as cut and dried as some think.

Now excuse me while I go hurl after sticking up for a Celtic. lol

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcers kind of explained it. I don't think it was him trying to do anything dirty as much as it was he was on the ground, with a guy stepping over his head. Looked more to me like he was trying to protect his head as much as anything.

Maybe should have been called anyway. I just don't think it was as cut and dried as some think.

Your support is duly noted !

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Announcers - or at least Anthony - were clearly pro Celtic even making up rules for them......but I agree not a no brainer call to make.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Announcers - or at least Anthony - were clearly pro Celtic even making up rules for them......but I agree not a no brainer call to make.
I would agree with that. Celtics barely beat the Cavs. That said first single digit win for them in playoffs

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with that. Celtics barely beat the Cavs. That said first single digit win for them in playoffs
Cavs did all they could. Cs certainly did not need extra help with no Allen and Mitchell. Then again, could also make a case maybe if one or both played they play harder? I know they lost to LA with no Lebron and AD likely thinking show up they win.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs did all they could. Cs certainly did not need extra help with no Allen and Mitchell. Then again, could also make a case maybe if one or both played they play harder? I know they lost to LA with no Lebron and AD likely thinking show up they win.
The Celtics offense is more hit or miss without porzy But their defense is the key. Defense wins rings

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Others's thoughts on Lebron showing up? Cannot be sure, but guessing one of the following (lean to last one)

1) Checking out the team he wants to play for next season
2) Making LA aware of 1 to put pressure on them
3) Has a shit ton of money, a home in Cleveland and wants to be seen

Maybe he likes basketball?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

**Now excuse me while I go hurl after sticking up for a Celtic. lol

Damn must have missed that explanation, don't remember hearing it last night.

** = I hope you're feeling better now. :heh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that was really weird.

Did you happen to catch Greg Anthony calling Mobley Eric? That was a good one. ooppss

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s recap Boston likely run to the finals

No Jimmy or Rozier for round 1
No Allen in this series and Mitchell miss this game and probably game 5
Knicks will be without 2 starters and another rotation player

The internet would be going crazy if any LeBron team had it this easy

#1 seed comes with it's benefits

Reactions: DJ

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 seed comes with it's benefits

I didn’t hear anyone covering up other teams when hayward & kyrie got hurt or when hayward and Kemba were hurt in the bubble when the Celtics were cruising